PDA

View Full Version : Guy Buys Mustang After Winning Lottery, Promptly Wrecks It

Eleanor
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/lottery+winner+suspected+crashing+Mustang+went+from+hero+zero/6709538/story.html

:facepalm:

Disoblige
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Yeah, saw this on Global a couple days ago.

Poor Boss 302 :cry:

Thaco
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
sad part is it'll probably be covered under insurance...

kenny
05-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
sad part is it'll probably be covered under insurance...

probably not, he was drinking.

Kg810
05-31-2012, 03:53 PM
yolo

Spoons
05-31-2012, 03:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I know that guy too!

Graham_A_M
05-31-2012, 06:12 PM
^ Tell him he's an idiot for all of us please.

If I won a $1million dollar lotto, I can think of a dozen cars I'd have over a Boss 302 Mustang. Not saying I'd use it all on a car, but it sure as hell wouldn't be Mustang.

clem24
06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ Tell him he's an idiot for all of us please.

If I won a $1million dollar lotto, I can think of a dozen cars I'd have over a Boss 302 Mustang. Not saying I'd use it all on a car, but it sure as hell wouldn't be Mustang.

Why not? $1M is *not* a lot of money if you plan to quit your job and live off of it. If anything it's probably not enough at all depending on your age. Sounds like he actually made a fairly good decision.

Eleanor
06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by clem24
Sounds like he actually made a fairly good decision. I'll give him that, as mentioned $1m isn't that much money.

That being said, he's still an idiot.

Spoons
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor
I'll give him that, as mentioned $1m isn't that much money.

That being said, he's still an idiot.

Yeah but anyone with a speck of business sense could turn that million into much more.

Million would be enough for me to get out of debt, invest, and turn it around into a profit.

I talked to him yesterday, all I could do was laugh on the phone. Lets just say he isn't the coldest coke in the fridge.

BerserkerCatSplat
06-01-2012, 10:08 AM

Why not? $1M is *not* a lot of money if you plan to quit your job and live off of it. If anything it's probably not enough at all depending on your age. Sounds like he actually made a fairly good decision.

x2, for a $1M winning, I think I might go for the Boss myself, lots left over to make more money with.

clem24
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Spoons

Yeah but anyone with a speck of business sense could turn that million into much more.

Million would be enough for me to get out of debt, invest, and turn it around into a profit.

I talked to him yesterday, all I could do was laugh on the phone. Lets just say he isn't the coldest coke in the fridge.

And what you makes YOU think you're smarter than the average bear?? ;)

Spoons
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM

And what you makes YOU think you're smarter than the average bear?? ;)

I don't go crashing Boss'

Mar
06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Not copying and pasting links should be punishable by death.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/6708146.bin

Adam Gongos was just sitting down to Sunday dinner with friends, looking out his window, when he saw an orange flash — and heard a violent crash.

“I wheeled over, and my friend ran over, and a kid got out yelling, ‘I can’t believe you did that — I told you,’” said the Squamish resident, who to his astonishment watched four people climb out of a brand new, high-powered Mustang that had careened off the road, hit a fire hydrant, and flipped in a ditch directly across from his Guilford Drive home. “Two girls got out — one of them needed medical help — and then I expected to see another kid.

“Instead, it was a grown man driving the car.”

The tale’s now the talk of Sea-to-Sky country, as the community learns of the driver’s fate — lottery winner one day, high-end Mustang owner the next, and now the subject of an intensive police investigation.

“The dealer plates were still on it,” said Jesse Loughran, out surveying the fractured fire hydrant directly in front of his home with his young son Aedan, wondering what might have been.

“I’ve got two young kids, and there are kids playing on this road all the time.

“We’ve got to get speed bumps on this road.”

Which might have been the end of the story, except the driver is the latest in a string of lottery winners who seem to lose it when they win the big one.

“He wins the lottery one day, then cracks up his car the next day,” said Loughran. “He went from hero to zero.”

Employees at Sea to Sky Ford wouldn’t confirm the purchase of the high-powered orange Mustang — now reduced to a heap of orange metal, key police evidence under lock and key in a Squamish tow lot.

“You’ll have to talk to the manager,” one Ford employee said, waving a reporter in the direction of a second supervisor.

“I don’t have any comment,” said the manager of the purchase, believed to have set back the brand-new millionaire a cool $60,000.

Sgt. Wayne Pride of Squamish RCMP said investigators are still in the process of interviewing witnesses and preparing a report for Crown counsel.

“It’s still under investigation,” said Pride. “We will be forwarding a report to Crown counsel recommending charges.

“They are considering charges of impaired driving and dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.”

Pride said the newly improved Sea-to-Sky Highway is safer, but that doesn’t stop accidents from happening.

“This is one accident too many for us,” said Pride. “There were three teenagers in the vehicle.

“We see too much of that, often with fatalities.

“We’ve got the new highway — there have been great improvements in safety — but we still have accidents.”

The suspect, winner of the $1 million grand prize in the Variety Children’s Charity Lottery and now facing criminal charges, is Andrew Fraser of Squamish.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/lottery+winner+suspected+crashing+Mustang+went+from+hero+zero/6709538/story.html#ixzz1wZ9TMM00

jonnycat
06-04-2012, 03:31 PM
I sure wouldn't spend much more than $60k on a toy. I'd take a good look at the Boss too if I "only" won $1 million

Sugarphreak
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM

max_boost
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM

That 1mill would not last long. $500k house and $500k cash. That 500k cash would be gone in 5 years sitting around pissing it away.

Anyway, smart people will do stupid things from time to time and stupid people will just do it more often. :nut:

Disoblige
06-04-2012, 03:53 PM
The mill is not much I agree, but you can still do a ton of things with it because it's 1 million dollars you never had in the first place. That's 15-20 years of work for most people, or 10 years of your life if you're making 100k after taxes.

Edit: I'd probably wouldn't spend much on a car either because I can think of so many other things I can do with the money for investments, etc.

max_boost
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Absolutely D.

I'd be thrilled if I won a million right now. I would still work and would know exactly what to do with that mill haha

LollerBrader
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Anyway, smart people will do stupid things from time to time and stupid people will just do it more often. :nut:

True.