PDA

View Full Version : **February Pshop Contest: Comments Thread**

Pages : [1] 2 3

nismodrifter
02-04-2004, 11:01 PM
The February Photoshop Contest is brought to you by CustomAuto.ca:

http://forums.beyond.ca/banners/customauto.jpg (www.customauto.ca)
Support our sponsor and visit their webpage by clicking the above banner

Visit their showroom today! They are located at: Unit #208, 2835-23rd St NE
or
Give them a call at (403) 301-5307 if you have any questions or would like more information about their products.

All contestants are entering to win a FREE Toms Fireball Style Universal Exhaust With A Flamed Tip courtesy of CustomAuto. Say thanks to Johnny (Neeper) and Deetz (Dieter) for the great prize for the month of February:thumbsup:

Feel free to post any comments/questions/tips on anything related to this month's contest. Also, post your work in progress pics if you want to show off what you have done so far or need a suggestion/tip on how to perform a modification

Best of luck to all contestants:thumbsup:

Dj_Stylz
02-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow cant wait to see some of these entries maybe ill enter

cycosis
02-04-2004, 11:27 PM
Photo = :thumbsdow . This is gonna take alot of work

nismodrifter
02-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by cycosis
Photo = :thumbsdow . This is gonna take alot of work

IMO the pic is great..........this picture was the EASIER out of the two pictures I had finalized down to. If I would have chosen the other pic out of the two then you guys would be CRYING about how you guys would match reflections etc.. :D

don't whine just because you got OWN3d last month ahahahha ;) :D :D :D let'z see what crazy shit you can do with this pic:thumbsup:

Holden_Kid
02-04-2004, 11:35 PM
hmmm i have seen that car b4 in that same pic :eek:
i got only a couple more mods and i should b finished it all clean and everything for my 1st round in this comp on this forum

Idratherbsidewayz
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM
So does the company want a realistic truck? Or can you go all out...?

nismodrifter
02-05-2004, 12:37 AM
go all out :D as I said make it into a "tight whip" :D

or....you could decide to go the clean route....just have to guess, what will the voters want this month? clean or wild? last month kona9 won with a super clean pic....this month clean might win again...or it may not

sxtasy
02-05-2004, 12:46 AM
THANK YOU Custom Auto for such a great prize.:clap:

DJ Lazy
02-05-2004, 09:08 AM
I can see how this months chops are gonna look... Either jacked up with huge mudders, or bagged on 24" chrome... :thumbsdow

None the less I am still gonna enter just to practice my skillz... :)

nismodrifter
02-05-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
I can see how this months chops are gonna look... Either jacked up with huge mudders, or bagged on 24" chrome... :thumbsdow

None the less I am still gonna enter just to practice my skillz... :)

and what is wrong with bagged on 24" chrome ?? :D Got bling?

DJ Lazy
02-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

and what is wrong with bagged on 24" chrome ?? :D Got bling?

Nothing.. its just gonna be alot of the same thing I think..

Shit.. mine has already got chrome on it... :( I am already falling into it... :D

nismodrifter
02-05-2004, 01:16 PM

Nothing.. its just gonna be alot of the same thing I think..

more of a reason to create something different then :D :D

Johnny@CustomAuto
02-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Hey guys!! I hope to see some crazy pimped out shizznit. Just be creative! Here are the pictures of the muffler we are giving away. By the way, this muffler has a titanium tip that wasn't mentioned. Retail price is about $160.

Muffler Specs: 2.5" inlet, 19" body, 4" tip with silencer.

http://www.customauto.ca/images/products/mufflerprize1.jpg
http://www.customauto.ca/images/products/mufflerprize2.jpg
http://www.customauto.ca/images/products/mufflerprize3.jpg

Good luck to everyone! And don't forget to call us for any parts need you might have. "If they make it, we can get it".

Johnny

cycosis
02-05-2004, 04:14 PM
hey nismo, we still havnt seen your entry from last month's contest that u promised to post regardless.

Dave P
02-05-2004, 04:26 PM
damn that exhaust will look pimp on my benz hahahah

DJ Lazy
02-05-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
damn that exhaust will look pimp on my benz hahahah

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ryder_23
02-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I wanna see someone also chop up the guys fishing the backround, hahahahahahah...good luck guys...maybe i'll put my mspaint skills to work :rofl:

sxtasy
02-06-2004, 07:01 PM
haha love the background Ryoslide:D

silverEL
02-06-2004, 07:09 PM
the water in the front of the war ship makes it look like a hover craft

nismodrifter
02-06-2004, 07:20 PM
BAHAH nice chop ryoslide, those guys in the fishing boat are getting OWNED!!! HAHAH

note to everybody else: remember that you can change the whole background if you want.....

Ryoslide
02-07-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah its kinda cool I guess I was gonna put the truck infront of a parts store or something but I figured someone else might do that to so I just improvised.

hyperwhite
02-07-2004, 10:29 PM
this is what i got so far. tell me what you think

sxtasy
02-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Looks good so far...haha like the Escalade conversion, I did one too and I am sure we wont be the only ones

Idratherbsidewayz
02-08-2004, 01:16 AM
Lol I had that idea as well, wow we are all not creative at all... :D

ryder_23
02-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Ryoslide...i love the battleship :thumbsup: showing those fishermen whose boss....btw great chop

sxtasy
02-08-2004, 01:38 AM
constructive criticism appreciated about my entry...its the only way i will get better:)

DJ Lazy
02-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy
constructive criticism appreciated about my entry...its the only way i will get better:)

hmmmm I like... but it could use a hint of realism to it I think... its just kinda got that look where is it s bit TOO smooth and not "real" looking... Carmella Decesare on the other hand.... :thumbsup: :hitit:

EDIT: is there any chance you could convert to jpg, instead of bmp?? it kills the 56K'ers.... :(

nismodrifter
02-08-2004, 02:01 AM
ah damn, there goes my idea of escalade conversion :D

sxtasy: I hope your adding one girl to an entry won't start a stupid "fad" for this contest ;)(one person adds a girl, the next person adds 2, and then by the end we can't even see the car anymore since there is more skin than car visible :D)

good chop:D Escalade front fits perfectly but as previously said...its TOO smooth looking (oversaturated paint)

cycosis
02-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by sxtasy

Overall, it looks really nice. :thumbsup: The hood lines are really well done. Your front rim matches up very nicely with the tire but your back rim is a little off.

sxtasy
02-08-2004, 11:06 AM

EDIT: is there any chance you could convert to jpg, instead of bmp?? it kills the 56K'ers.... :( What is the best format to use, so that you dont lose much quality, but is not to big of a file?

hyperwhite
02-08-2004, 11:23 AM
damn, it looks like we both used the exact same caddy pic for the swap:banghead: oh well...i did it first:D
i actually wanted to do an envoy chop but i could't find a good pic

hyperwhite
02-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey Ryoslide, thats the best looking carbon hood i've ever seen:thumbsup: how did you do it?

Ryoslide
02-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Its like 11 herbs and spices man my secret....lol...I'll post the how to later. Its takes a long time to type it out.

Kona9
02-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Some good ideas so far. It's tough to mod a full size chev when you think every one will caddy up the front end. The product boxes in the truck box were originally what I was going to do, although I see someone else thought of it. Nice thinkin man:thumbsup: I didn't think an R1 would look too bad though. From checkin out the website, I see they cater to the import scene generally. I didn't want to put decals like DC or AEM on the truck, so I thought the skull thing would keep the truck clean, and hopefully original.

Good luck guys,

Let's see some more entries!!

:angel:

nismodrifter
02-09-2004, 08:50 AM
nice work kona:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
02-09-2004, 03:56 PM
01vortech : plz check your PM thx

962 kid
02-09-2004, 04:06 PM
need to turn down the saturation somewhat...

cycosis
02-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Darn you kona9, i wuz gonna put bikes in the back.:guns: Oh well, back to the drawing board I suppose......:D

nismodrifter
02-09-2004, 11:45 PM
LOL, never thought I'd see this....SpoonEK9 entering a PSC?

nice work :D rear wheel could be better but you made that shit CLEEAN

aussie_chopper
02-10-2004, 01:02 AM
kona9: those guys take their fishing seriously:nut: :rofl:

hyperwhite
02-10-2004, 11:57 AM
i think i might have to do some finishing touches on mine and i'll have to throw it up

Kona9
02-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by aussie_chopper
kona9: those guys take their fishing seriously:nut: :rofl:

ssshhhhhhh!! :rofl: :rofl: It is supposed to be subtle

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

ssshhhhhhh!! :rofl: :rofl: It is supposed to be subtle

It was subtle till he mentioned something about the fishers... so I had to take another peak... LOL... took me a min..:rofl: then i was like :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "wait.......thats :barf: "

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Mine is up now.. I wasn't sure to post or not.. I ain't very impressed with it... oh well... :)

Kona9
02-10-2004, 01:37 PM

It was subtle till he mentioned something about the fishers... so I had to take another peak... LOL... took me a min..:rofl: then i was like :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: "wait.......thats :barf: "
What is so :barf: about two guys fishing? He's just bent over with the net scooping up the fish his buddy caught. You have a dirty mind DJ!!

P.S. Nice work on your ride, I like the range rover headlight idea!!

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 01:47 PM
You have a dirty mind DJ!!

I have no idea what you mean,....:angel:

P.S. Nice work on your ride, I like the range rover headlight idea!!

Thanks man... I had to come up with something other than a Cadillac.... :thumbsup:

Your airbrushing is pimp... skullz ain't my thing, but you still got some :bigpimp: skillz.... :thumbsup:

Kona9
02-10-2004, 01:54 PM

I have no idea what you mean,....:angel:

Thanks man... I had to come up with something other than a Cadillac.... :thumbsup:

Your airbrushing is pimp... skullz ain't my thing, but you still got some :bigpimp: skillz.... :thumbsup:

I appreciate the compliment. As far as the Caddy front end goes. I will take a small amount of originality flags for only using the escalade bumper. I tried everything from an x5 front end, to honestly a pontiac vibe front end. I could not find a good enough, proper angled pic for the X5 to work, and the Pontiac vibe was original but GAY!!! What was I thinkin?
Anyways thanks again

Dave P
02-10-2004, 02:17 PM

hahaha:rolleyes:

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 02:48 PM

I appreciate the compliment. As far as the Caddy front end goes. I will take a small amount of originality flags for only using the escalade bumper. I tried everything from an x5 front end, to honestly a pontiac vibe front end. I could not find a good enough, proper angled pic for the X5 to work, and the Pontiac vibe was original but GAY!!! What was I thinkin?
Anyways thanks again

Yea, I tried the X5 front end aswell but i couldn't really get it to fit too well.. and it looked odd.... so I scrapped it...

Originally posted by Dave P

hahaha:rolleyes:

Oh man.. shuddup.. So what you tossed the idea my way... :angel: :D ;)

Kona9
02-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Is Dave P trying to be the claim to fame for suggesting something 18 million people have already done?

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Is Dave P trying to be the claim to fame for suggesting something 18 million people have already done?

Nope... he is trying to claim the fame for suggesting the Land Rover front end.... :thumbsup:

Thanks for the idea Dave.. :D

Kona9
02-10-2004, 03:03 PM
gotcha!! good thinkin Davy Crocket!!:thumbsup:

cycosis
02-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Orange sure seems to ba a popuar color this month..........:nut:

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Orange sure seems to ba a popuar color this month..........:nut:

I know... i had it all changed to that before I started looking at everyones entries... :thumbsdow

oh well... :dunno:

nismodrifter
02-10-2004, 08:49 PM
nice work guys, really clean lookin truck DJ :thumbsup:

I have not started my entry yet......don't know what I should do...

habsfan
02-10-2004, 09:01 PM
my first post here on this place type thingy. i only need 29 more before i can submit my creation..........:drama:

cycosis
02-10-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm well on my way into mine. I reached 110 layers this weekend!:poosie: I'm a photoshop loser but its fun. I'm also takin your trade mark approach this month nismo, last minute submission...

nismodrifter
02-10-2004, 10:59 PM
I'm well on my way into mine. I reached 110 layers this weekend!:poosie: I'm a photoshop loser but its fun. I'm also takin your trade mark approach this month nismo, last minute submission...

not cool.....not cool at all :D

Whatver though, I don't really care. You have HOPES of being the best.....so I can see why you might follow in the steps of the best :D :D :D

own3d ahah

cycosis
02-10-2004, 11:01 PM
I ain't hoppin to be the best, I'm just steppin up to your challenge from last month......:D

nismodrifter
02-10-2004, 11:08 PM
I ain't hoppin to be the best, I'm just steppin up to your challenge from last month......:D

meh...I missed out, entry was a POS thing which was like 25% done, ran out of time...

I'll try and bring my best shit this month :D

letz see some more pimp lookin entries:bigpimp: :bigpimp:

DJ Lazy
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
nice work guys, really clean lookin truck DJ :thumbsup:

Thanks Nismo.. It means alot getting a compliment from you... :D
THE KING!! :bigpimp:

:rofl: :thumbsup: Hope to see another great creation of yours this month... That muffler would be :bigpimp: on your Pathfinder... :rofl:

hyperwhite
02-11-2004, 01:05 PM
i put mine up last night I got bored

habsfan
02-11-2004, 06:39 PM
mine shall be up shortly

habsfan
02-11-2004, 08:00 PM
it's up. i dont know why u guys had trouble with the X5, i found a god pic that worked quite well, although the colors are a bit off now cause it was brown lol. any comments/criticisms on my first chop??

86max
02-11-2004, 08:10 PM
habsfan, x5 front end looks alright, very original, must have been hard squeezing it in there:)

habsfan
02-11-2004, 08:25 PM
it was actually really easy to get it fittin right, but the color matching was very difficult especialy since it was my first chop. props goes out to hyperwhite, my cousin, for helpin me out

cycosis
02-11-2004, 08:27 PM
layer 146..........:D

nismodrifter
02-11-2004, 08:30 PM
layer 146..........:D

layers ain't everything man :D for all I know you could be hitting ctrl+v a million times and pasting shit onto your pic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I usually end up with around 15 layers total....too many and that means you have added too much shit hahah ;)

cycosis
02-11-2004, 08:44 PM
of course im gonna merge everythin soon silly boy. im simply ensuring clealiness, thats s'all.:poosie: and remember, you did say to go all out this month........

86max
02-11-2004, 11:23 PM
hey, just curious if anyone has any comments on the one i posted, criticism welcome
p.s. i think i only had 10 layers;)

hyperwhite
02-12-2004, 09:19 AM
i don't even count my layers when i do it.

cycosis
02-12-2004, 10:58 AM
hey dave, whats wrong with being the jackass on the jet ski?

t3rry
02-12-2004, 11:11 AM
single layer is where its at :bigpimp:

Speedstick
02-13-2004, 08:09 AM
My try is up... Later than usual. Nothing as fantastic - I wanted it to look pretty normal.

Basically I took Chev Trailblazer SS showtruck wheels and lower front bumper (and chromed some of it), and an Infiniti FX hood, lights, and front section (with Chevy grille insert). The rest was pretty basic... The windows are sorta modified rear Trailblazer windows to make a wraparound effect.

And then painted it the colour of the calipers.

nismodrifter
02-13-2004, 11:33 AM
keep the entries coming:thumbsup:

t3rry
02-13-2004, 02:19 PM
i have some idea's but im just not good enough at photoshop yet, but i m sure i will get better :D

Kona9
02-13-2004, 02:52 PM
enter anyways!!!!! it's all good. If Dave P can have bicycle streamers behind a seadoo, than anything goes!!!

just buggin Dave

DJ Lazy
02-13-2004, 02:55 PM
enter anyways!!!!! it's all good. If Dave P can have bicycle streamers behind a seadoo, than anything goes!!!

just buggin Dave

OUCH.. that was a LOW blow Kona... SOOO LOW.... :rofl: :rofl: But funny as hell... :thumbsup: :D

Kona9
02-13-2004, 03:04 PM
so not meant as a mean thing!! I am just messin with Dave. Everytime I see him out he never buys me alcohol.

nismodrifter
02-15-2004, 04:36 AM
I am done all the major shit on mine except for a headlight swap.....don't know what to do :D I want to do a Escalade front since it would suit mine so nicely....but it's already been done this month....

Maybe I'll try a Geo metro front end or something ;) just to be original :D

DJ Lazy
02-15-2004, 05:18 PM
I am done all the major shit on mine except for a headlight swap.....don't know what to do :D I want to do a Escalade front since it would suit mine so nicely....but it's already been done this month....

Maybe I'll try a Geo metro front end or something ;) just to be original :D

why not try the new Buick Rainier headlights??:dunno:

hyperwhite
02-15-2004, 09:17 PM
hey, DJ Lazy, i just got your track of the week. it kicks ass. heres a future track of the week consideration:

Scooter-Jigga Jigga

killer track :thumbsup:

DJ Lazy
02-16-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
hey, DJ Lazy, i just got your track of the week. it kicks ass. heres a future track of the week consideration:

Scooter-Jigga Jigga

killer track :thumbsup:

hahaha.. i didn't think anyone actually paid attention to my sig... :rofl:
But thanks. glad you like it...

and as for that recommendation... what type of track is it.?? I ain't using kazaa at the moment... so i can't d/l it

Kona9
02-16-2004, 04:52 AM
I know a real good and easy way to smash a Buick Raineer!!!! They throw old benzes through front yards real easy!! :D

cycosis
02-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I know a real good and easy way to smash a Buick Raineer!!!! They throw old benzes through front yards real easy!! :D

Do u speak english??????????:english:

Kona9
02-16-2004, 12:50 PM
whats the matter Cycosis? Got sand in your vagina? PM me with your issue!!!!

cycosis
02-16-2004, 08:40 PM
hey hey hey, no need for name calling.:rofl: i was just confused what your point was that you were trying to get across....

Kona9
02-17-2004, 01:11 AM
I didn't quote Dj Lazys suggestion for Buick Raineer front end (scroll to the top) So I posted my little incident with a buick Raineer!!! I didn't think it would take more than a grade 6 education to figure it out though. You can PM me with your confusion next time and we can take baby steps on the explanation!!:angel:

nismodrifter
02-17-2004, 02:23 AM
come on cycosis....post up your shit :D I want to see what your "ownage level" is at haha;)

MenteL
02-17-2004, 02:53 AM

not cool.....not cool at all :D

Whatver though, I don't really care. You have HOPES of being the best.....so I can see why you might follow in the steps of the best :D :D :D

own3d ahah I'm steppin' up this month and I hope you all like what I've got up my sleeve ;)

Hash_man
02-17-2004, 03:00 AM
I may have to actually enter this month. It has been a while since I entered one of your contests... I think I will give it a go. Already about 50% done.

MenteL
02-17-2004, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Hash_man
I may have to actually enter this month. It has been a while since I entered one of your contests... I think I will give it a go. Already about 50% done. How's it going dude? Long time no hear.

MK3HKS
02-17-2004, 03:44 AM
kona9 has som MaD SkIlLZ YO!!!:thumbsup:

Kona9
02-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
kona9 has som MaD SkIlLZ YO!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks man. Although my tail is somewhat between my legs now seeing as a couple of great choppers seem to be entering this month. Mentel, Hashman Nismo. I have not lost all confidence as of yet, but it will definately be a tight game!

Good luck guys:thumbsup:

nismodrifter
02-17-2004, 11:58 AM
don't know if you should be too "scared" of my chop.....I am going for a fully realistic looking vehicle this time around....

t3rry
02-17-2004, 11:59 AM
i wish i had better skillz :D i had some crayz ideas

cycosis
02-17-2004, 04:45 PM

Thanks man. Although my tail is somewhat between my legs now seeing as a couple of great choppers seem to be entering this month. Mentel, Hashman Nismo. I have not lost all confidence as of yet, but it will definately be a tight game!

Good luck guys:thumbsup:

Hehe, what about me?:D Oh and nismo, like I said before, I'm takin the last minute approach. Just cleaning everythin up right now.........

nismodrifter
02-17-2004, 04:50 PM

Hehe, what about me?:D Oh and nismo, like I said before, I'm takin the last minute approach. Just cleaning everythin up right now.........

damn you to hell, stealin my trademark tactic.....:D

at least give us a clue as to whatz going on, I'll tell you right now that mine is looking pretty OEMish, looks like something you'd ACTUALLY possibly see on the road.....

now tell me what the hell yours looks like:D

cycosis
02-17-2004, 09:21 PM

damn you to hell, stealin my trademark tactic.....:D

at least give us a clue as to whatz going on, I'll tell you right now that mine is looking pretty OEMish, looks like something you'd ACTUALLY possibly see on the road.....

now tell me what the hell yours looks like:D

may someone be intimidated be me?:rofl: just kidding. yeah, i have some very original ideas i think for this month's contest. and u never know, i feel that u could actually see mine on the road as well. but don't worry nismo, most of my layers are all merged now so im averaging around 30 so i can clean everything up. AND NO CLUES:D

ps: i feel like a newb for askin this but what does OEM stand for?

DJ Lazy
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
MK3HKS, I love your sig man... that is a sIcK picture dude... :thumbsup: