PDA

View Full Version : Mount Royal Peeps

DUBBED
02-04-2004, 11:07 PM
When is our spring break?

I know I should know this but my teachers keep fawking with my head, someone please set me straight. :nut:

dam_guy
02-04-2004, 11:16 PM
don't quote me on it, but on my schedule it says feb. 16 - 20

91_Integz
02-04-2004, 11:24 PM
that's right

buh_buh
02-04-2004, 11:25 PM
NEXT WEEK!!!
Well next week is the last week before reading week.

JAYMEZ
02-04-2004, 11:25 PM
Bah thats so far away , i need one now

ryder_23
02-04-2004, 11:28 PM
^
:rofl:
your taking 2 classes, and your bitching about a week. hahahaha...

yeah we have starting the monday 16, until firday 20th as stated

EG STyLeZ
02-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Thank God for reading week:D

SI-vic
02-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ
Thank God for reading week:D

Amen to that!

buh_buh
02-05-2004, 07:55 PM
One of my profs actually told me that reading week was implemented as suicide prevention because there was a high suicide rate at around the midpoint of the second semester. :dunno: I also heard some MRC profs are trying to get rid of reading week too.:thumbsdow

ramminghard
02-06-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
One of my profs actually told me that reading week was implemented as suicide prevention because there was a high suicide rate at around the midpoint of the second semester. :dunno: I also heard some MRC profs are trying to get rid of reading week too.:thumbsdow

Supposedly that is what it was called at first.

JAYMEZ
02-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Suicide week , ouch thats not good lol

MerfBall
02-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Urban Legend... HAHAHA :nut: ... Reading week is nothing more than a spring break perse... every school in North America has a spring break from Kindergarten to Grad school.

switch
02-06-2004, 11:28 AM
As an Instructor @ MRC, I can tell you that story is utter BS.

Reading Week serves a purpose to both student and campus staff, neither of which is suicide prevention.

VWhooligan
02-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by switch

Reading Week serves a purpose to both student and campus staff, neither of which is suicide prevention.

i'm glad we have spring break, gives us all a chance to relax for a week and go home to visit the family.

ps. what courses do you teach switch?

EG STyLeZ
02-07-2004, 09:12 PM

Yeah, do you happen to teach comp2203?

colinderksen
02-09-2004, 03:13 AM
I took 2203 I had Colin for my lectures and some younger guy for my Lab.

jeep_sahara
02-10-2004, 12:10 AM
U should all come see the Theater Production that is happinging in the NIckel Theater. It is call The Diviners. It runs the 11-14th At 8 PM every night. The theater is at the west gate entrance. It is $8 a ticket for students. Tickets can be bought at the door, or from the theater office in the I wing/hall way. Hope some of u come and see it. We have put a lot of time into it.

403Gemini
02-10-2004, 12:59 AM
wish i knew about reading week earlier! iw oulda took some days off of work lol

and switch, wtf is with all the teachers assigning huge projects due this week and a test every class i have :dunno: do they hate us students?

5.9 R/T
02-10-2004, 03:07 AM

LOL I've heard the exact opposite from a prof there.

buh_buh
02-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

LOL I've heard the exact opposite from a prof there. same with me. It was my ECON prof that told me that.

davidI
02-10-2004, 09:13 AM
same with me. It was my ECON prof that told me that.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it was implemented a long time ago and now it has evolved into what it is today.

INITIALD
02-10-2004, 10:38 AM
same with me. It was my ECON prof that told me that.

Is your econ prof a crazy polish guy?

switch
02-10-2004, 11:07 AM
That story has been around for years, no proof to it.

Why would they call it Reading Week then? Why not Suicide Prevention Week?

It is called Reading Week for a reason, for students to get caught up with assignments and to study for upcoming mid-terms.

But I must admit, that week off helped me through some stressfull times when I was a student.

buh_buh
02-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by INITIALD

Is your econ prof a crazy polish guy?
haha no but Ive heard about that dude.

That story has been around for years, no proof to it.

Why would they call it Reading Week then? Why not Suicide Prevention Week?

It is called Reading Week for a reason, for students to get caught up with assignments and to study for upcoming mid-terms.

But I must admit, that week off helped me through some stressfull times when I was a student.
well for one thing if they called it suicide prevention week people would probably start thinking of committing suicide weeks prior to it (placebo effect? haha) and the name probably wouldn't go over very well with other people.

And if reading week is a good time for me to catch up with assignments and midterms then why do I have 4 midterms, 2 quizzes and an assignment due this week???:thumbsdow

Hakkola
02-10-2004, 04:16 PM

And if reading week is a good time for me to catch up with assignments and midterms then why do I have 4 midterms, 2 quizzes and an assignment due this week???:thumbsdow

:werd: I figured it out though, more stress for us, less for them. ;)