PDA

View Full Version : US: Food stamp frauds on rise.

ZenOps
06-02-2012, 07:58 AM
http://usgovinfo.about.com/b/2012/06/01/usda-to-help-states-stop-food-stamp-fraud.htm

Basically "I lost my $932 worth of free food each month for each of my seven kids, go print up some more US dollars electronically and give me another card." :facepalm:

speedog
06-02-2012, 08:36 AM
And this is worthy of a thread on a Calgary based automotive enthusiast forum because?

ZenOps
06-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Because its pollytics, law, and a fundamental shift in society.

In three months, we will no longer be able to work for pennies, we will be working for peanuts. US electronic food stamps, being the replacement for the US cotton dollar, but based on a "food standard", or likely - peanuts. I believe we will call our "food stamp cards" - "MintChip".

Of which Canada also replaced the cotton dollar with a plastic dollar as cotton peaked out at $4500 per ton last year (far too expensive to use cotton as money) about twice the cost of simply using electronic representations of consumable peanuts.

It all makes sense to me.

BTW: Three months left to get your copper pennies.

speedog
06-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Ungh

ZenOps
06-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Add: At the end of June 2012, some 700,000 EBT "food stamp" users, many of whom are multi-year users in the US will become ineligible for their benefits.

Scenario: Someone is going to swipe their EBT card, realize that that can no longer get free food - and probably lose it.

It could be a rough summer around the world and in the US.

o64Fz-KW1Dk

buh_buh
06-03-2012, 04:45 PM
It's a pretty obvious scam. How many times do people on average lose their credit card per year? If you answer more than 1, you probably shouldn't own one.

Xtrema
06-04-2012, 10:28 AM
This is just like the uni transit pass scam.

If there's a government hand out program, there will be somebody to exploit it beyond original intend.