PDA

View Full Version : First Thing you are gonna do when you pull the car out of Hibernation?

Bubba-G-
02-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Hello,
So since I haven't been driving the Z since Halloween I have been having some severe cravings to drive the Z.
So what is the First thing you are gonna do once you pull the car out of the garage?

I for one can't wait to just roll up to all the punks that were drivin like A$$holes in the winter thinking they are the $hit, There were so many that really pi$$ed me off and were total jerks to traffic.
So I guess just let all the civic owners and Spec VR, J-body owners know who is top dog, Just cause your sentra or j-bod is yellow or has stickers don't mean she is fast. :guns:

Bubba

Moe Man
02-04-2004, 11:24 PM
wax my car

jdmakkord
02-04-2004, 11:32 PM
My car doesn't hibernate, my wheels do though:(

88CRX
02-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bubba-G-
Hello,
So since I haven't been driving the Z since Halloween I have been having some severe cravings to drive the Z.
So what is the First thing you are gonna do once you pull the car out of the garage?

I for one can't wait to just roll up to all the punks that were drivin like A$$holes in the winter thinking they are the $hit, There were so many that really pi$$ed me off and were total jerks to traffic.
So I guess just let all the civic owners and Spec VR, J-body owners know who is top dog, Just cause your sentra or j-bod is yellow or has stickers don't mean she is fast. :guns:

Bubba

why you so bitter

JordanLotoski
02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
id say first thing you should do is lose the cool guy attitude....ok cool guy:thumbsup:

OWNED
02-04-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
id say first thing you should do is lose the cool guy attitude....ok cool guy:thumbsup:

HAHA

I bought my car then parked it for the winter, so it will be my first time driving it.

But for me, im gonna go to my school and show those stupid fucks that dont beleive (and make fun of...) me that I actually own a my car!!! And then splash a puddle in their faces when I drive by them when they're waiting at the bus stop, With a nice big pointy middle finger pointing out the sunroof. hahaha

No, im just gonna drive it around for like...... 10 hours a day.

fast95pony
02-05-2004, 12:23 AM
The last 2 years It was difficult to see it parked,but this year was easier. The Focus is a fun winter car with the right tires on it.

I'll probably get the oil changed ,drive it around the city for a few days, then go for a cruise out to the Mountains..:burnout:

rice_eater
02-05-2004, 12:31 AM
haha...the thought of taking the car out for a few ripps around the country side has been nagging me to death lately too. If it's warm this weekend i think i'm gonna bust a quick engine swap and do just that!

j_gor78
02-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Gonna fill the bottle and go hunting!!!

kevie88
02-05-2004, 01:00 AM
I can hardly wait to bolt my new wheels on and go lay down some 245 stripes!!

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by j_gor78
Gonna fill the bottle and go hunting!!!
Im going to laugh at people who try to rev at me;)

Ducati
02-05-2004, 01:19 AM
Me? Well, I am going to perform a ritual hard learned from bad previous experiences - I am going to check for critters.

- have had mice destroy the headliner of an immaculate 1966 Dodge Charger;
- have had bees build a nest in the glove compartment of my 1955 Chevrolet 2 door sedan delivery wagon, and sting the shit out of my Dad.
- I had a gross ugly spider fall down my collar and bite me on the back of my neck, when I went to inspect my 1974 Alfa Romeo GTV one spring.
- I have had birds get into a 1964 Falcon Sprint convertible. They shit everywhere! It was truly disgusting.
- I had some kind of unidentified rodent crawl into the exhaust pipe of my 1981 Suzuki Katana motorcycle, and blow out the pipe with a horriffic blast, and splat against my neigbors house when I used "started fluid" to try to get the obstinate zook to fire up.
- I had Racoons move into my boat, and Opossums breed in the grasscatcher of my John Deere mower-tractor. That was a grotesque discovery.

- I have a friend in Arizona find a rattlesnake in his 1972 Mercedes Benz 280CE.
- I have an acquaintance in Winnipeg who found a dead cat cooked to the top of the muffler of her 1965 T-Bird, that had obviously crawled up onto the muffler in the fall, and die there, only to be cooked onto the muffler in the spring. The dead cat carbonized onto the muffler with almost a barnacle-like adhesion, and had to be taken off with an air chisel.

ninjak84
02-05-2004, 01:27 AM
I can't wait until summer comes.....
My car gets parked for 8 months a year during school :(

The LAST thing on my mind will be angrily hunting down strangers in random cars!

^SkylinE^
02-05-2004, 01:31 AM
Bubba-G- why so much hate man? Why are you singleing out civics j bodies and sentra's? One day your gonna get your ass handed to you by someone like Legendboy or shadowz? Why all the hate BROTHA!

Hey good call SIRCANADA !!!

Originally posted by SIRCANADA

Bubba-G-
02-05-2004, 07:15 AM
Why the angry guy attitude? because I almost got ran off the road by a friggin spec vr, and one nite when it was snowing a friggin civic and j-bod were racing right in town :banghead:
Anyway I'm not biased against all owners of these cars but for damn sure I will put the ones in their place that are driving like complete morons thinking that the streets are a F1 circuit.
And no that doesn't mean I'm going to street race them just merely roll past them and let them know there are bigger fish out there.

Bubba

sputnik
02-05-2004, 07:50 AM
Why the angry guy attitude? because I almost got ran off the road by a friggin spec vr, and one nite when it was snowing a friggin civic and j-bod were racing right in town :banghead:
Anyway I'm not biased against all owners of these cars but for damn sure I will put the ones in their place that are driving like complete morons thinking that the streets are a F1 circuit.
And no that doesn't mean I'm going to street race them just merely roll past them and let them know there are bigger fish out there.

boo f#$@ing hoo

:whocares:

so how are you going to "but them in their place"? drive them off the road? race them and let them see you destroy your transmission?

hope you misjudge the power of your car and hit a pole.

karma is a bitch sometimes

Tak
02-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Just watch him roll up against an 89 Cvic h/b with a "cold" (the "achoo" from the wastegate always get the attention)

B16A swap with a T04E-46 at 12 psi..... 260hp in 2300 lbs of rice, and you'd never know it till he puts *you* in your place.

Grow up. Stop whining like a little kid.

88CRX
02-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Tak
Just watch him roll up against an 89 Cvic h/b with a "cold" (the "achoo" from the wastegate always get the attention)

B16A swap with a T04E-46 at 12 psi..... 260hp in 2300 lbs of rice, and you'd never know it till he puts *you* in your place.

Grow up. Stop whining like a little kid.

:thumbsup: that would make my year

SinisterProbeGt
02-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Drive it to the shop

Wookey
02-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Well seeing as how i have to drive my car year round i might have a to4b 60-1 turbo.... And bigger injectors, yet again. So with that turbo and the shiz i have already that'll be 300whp. I think thats enougn for this year haha:poosie: :nut: :thumbsup: :clap:

j_gor78
02-05-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Im going to laugh at people who try to rev at me;)

I guess you are first on the list!!

Matthew
02-05-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
I have an acquaintance in Winnipeg who found a dead cat cooked to the top of the muffler of her 1965 T-Bird, that had obviously crawled up onto the muffler in the fall, and die there, only to be cooked onto the muffler in the spring. The dead cat carbonized onto the muffler with almost a barnacle-like adhesion, and had to be taken off with an air chisel.

That's friggin' hilarious! An air chisel ... :)

-Matthew

hjr
02-05-2004, 06:40 PM
clean the vehicle, thats the first step (assuming it still runs)

frostyda9
02-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Same thing I do all winter...drive it...only with bigger rolling stock and closer to the ground :thumbsup:

THREE40SEVEN
02-05-2004, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
The dead cat carbonized onto the muffler with almost a barnacle-like adhesion, and had to be taken off with an air chisel.
:rofl: Any pics?:D

If its tuned, im going to drive the living piss out of the mustang.. Its been too long..
Going from 100ftlbs to 500 will be scary though:D The truck i bought is the slowest thing ive ever owned.. I think my old pulsar would have 5 car lengths in the 1/4:nut:

motoki88
02-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Things to do:
1. oil change
2. clean, wax, etc.
3. enjoy :D

When do people usually start to take their cars out? I know you wait until the snow melts, and the city cleans out roads of rocks and such. But usually when does this happen? The thing I don't like about Calgary is that the roads get cleaned in "spring" and then snow comes unexpectedly in the middle of may. Haha but I'm a calgarian and I love it at the same time. :thumbsup:

Bubba-G-
02-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Ya nothing is more lethal than a '89 civic hatchback w/ a motor swap :rolleyes: I have no idea why someone would waste all the time of doing that to a 89 civic when they could have bought a dsm and had a 4cyl that was actually meant to be turbocharged.
Oh and Tak, I take it you have a '89 civic H/B?

Bubba

Moe Man
02-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by motoki88
Things to do:
1. oil change
2. clean, wax, etc.
3. enjoy :D

When do people usually start to take their cars out? I know you wait until the snow melts, and the city cleans out roads of rocks and such. But usually when does this happen? The thing I don't like about Calgary is that the roads get cleaned in "spring" and then snow comes unexpectedly in the middle of may. Haha but I'm a calgarian and I love it at the same time. :thumbsup:

if i recall probaly at the end of march(spring break) never mind the snow fall in may lets just hope we dont get that this year

illeagle
02-05-2004, 11:54 PM
this spring I'm having my motor rebuilt (by pro's) to hold up to 20Psi, and adding a new clutchnet clutch, and a RRE ecu... My first summer with the fastest car i've ever owned..

88CRX
02-05-2004, 11:57 PM
Ya nothing is more lethal than a '89 civic hatchback w/ a motor swap :rolleyes: I have no idea why someone would waste all the time of doing that to a 89 civic when they could have bought a dsm and had a 4cyl that was actually meant to be turbocharged.

Bubba

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dude.... whats up your ass

Team_Mclaren
02-05-2004, 11:58 PM

Bubba

Each to there own man! dont be so hating. This arguement will have been discussed many many times before and will not end (y would u spend so much on this car and not buy something else?......)

Let's stay on topic!!!
same as everyone else:
- oil change
- wash / wax
- take it easy for the first few times
- have fun!!!

car is commin out in 2 weeks!!!:clap: :clap:

JordanLotoski
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM

Bubba

reagrdless of your fast car, the 300zx is this generations IROC.....and personally id love to see your ass handed to you by a 1989 civic with a swap....

cycosis
02-06-2004, 08:31 PM
:drama: wasn't this thread about what we were gonna do when we finally take the covers off and take our cars out for their first drive of the season? Anyways, getting back to topic, I'll be heading to kal tire to get my dubz:bigpimp: . The money is allll ready. Can't wait!

JordanLotoski
02-06-2004, 08:33 PM
what stye of dubs you getting?

Bubba-G-
02-06-2004, 10:40 PM
This generations IROC, WTF are you on? You sure don't mean the civic is this generations IROC?

JordanLotoski
02-06-2004, 10:57 PM
sorry dood, in my opinion it is this gens iroc....and iam a nissan fan...drive one myself......just not the greesy 300zx......(flame suit on haha)

must be the greese ball T roof....dunno...just is the import IROC

Redlyne_mr2
02-06-2004, 11:03 PM
IROC? Italian Retard Out Cruising?

JordanLotoski
02-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
IROC? Italian Retard Out Cruising?

:rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
02-06-2004, 11:21 PM
haha u just suck. the first thing id do is...

1. pull out all the shit that i piled in the truck
2. jack up the car and put on the good wheels.
3. start the car
4. idle for 10 minutes while making sure nothing is spewing or smoking
5. drive it around a bit
6. change the fluids
7. drive it up to edmonton

8. have a car again!!!

itsnotaDUB
02-07-2004, 06:05 AM
CLEAN IT, lol my car is SOOOO dirty...

LancerShelby
02-07-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm gonna break in the new engine, and tune it with the new turbo.

90_Shelby
02-07-2004, 11:07 AM
The following day after the new setup is completed, the car will go directly to the dyno to tune it for absolute max power. How much boost will we be running????? ALL OF IT.:eek: This will be followed by a drive home which will consist of lighting up and smoking the tires at 100km/h+ in second gear.:bigpimp:

LancerShelby
02-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
The following day after the new setup is completed, the car will go directly to the dyno to tune it for absolute max power. How much boost will we be running????? ALL OF IT.:eek: This will be followed by a drive home which will consist of lighting up and smoking the tires at 100km/h+ in second gear.:bigpimp: Oh, and a little into to 3rd!!!

Bubba-G-
02-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Does that mean your going past 18psi? :bigpimp: Crazy just crazy in all kind of cool ways :drool:

NickGT
02-09-2004, 10:19 PM
My car like many others is driven year round. But my plans for spring are to slap my polished pony wheels back on, and put a for sale sign on the window. The money for a new mustang is in place. Finally something with a V8. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Ekliptix
02-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm going to do a big burnout.

finboy
02-09-2004, 10:24 PM
lay a couple nice long stripps of rubber infront of my neighbors house with a little BOV action, then on to crescent hill to scare off the little hooligans getting some backseat nookie.

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

illeagle
02-09-2004, 10:27 PM
I'm just gonna drive my summer beast and hope it doesen't break down until December...

awddrifter
02-10-2004, 11:01 PM
My car doesn't hibernate. Actually... driving in the summer is a lot more boring than driving in the winter IMO.

Snow+AWD+madman drifter = fun :burnout:

Sai
02-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Install new modz
New tires.
Drive it around easy for a while. Car wash too!
Change older fluids.

GT2NV
02-11-2004, 11:15 AM
oil change
wash and wax
get axle repaired
throw on my new set of 18's
and then go hunting for a certain celica GTS:burnout:

20incheyes
02-11-2004, 11:25 AM
you guys have some nice plans, I'm looking forward to seeing whats on the streets in Calgary this summer since I've been away for the last two. I can't wait till may to put my wheels on, I can't imagine the anticipation for a whole new car. Damn it's still a good 2 months away.

sandman
02-11-2004, 11:36 AM
oil change
new plugs
swap on nice wheels
new clutch/brake fluids
standard tune up
n then let her rip
and in my case get my leaky oil return hose fixed:banghead: