PDA

View Full Version : High-rise window cleaning in Calgary -

Kobe
06-03-2012, 09:45 AM
So my mom was telling me there is a company in company that hires people from Europe to come and work on high-rise windows and pays them legally.

This is pretty much the only info that I have and that you need to be 35years or younger to do it..

Anyone have any more information on this?

ExtraSlow
06-03-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm not sure what you are asking.
There are lots of companies that do high-rise window cleaning, and I'm sure they hire people from all over the world. It's not the sort of thing you get just any asshole to do. The safety procedures are pretty specific.

Antonito
06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
I have no specific information about Calgary window cleaners, but as far as foreign workers being paid legally, all that means is that they are paid more than minimum wage. The exterior painters my company uses pays temporary workers $12/hr to go on bosun chairs. Perfectly legal, but not something I (or most death-fearing people) would be doing for less than $50/hr, hence temporary workers

Maybe union companies actually pay wages comparable to the dangers involved, but a general rule of thumb is that if a company is using imported labour, you probably don't want to work for them

CapnCrunch
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Kobe
So my mom was telling me there is a company in company that hires people from Europe to come and work on high-rise windows and pays them legally.

This is pretty much the only info that I have and that you need to be 35years or younger to do it..

Anyone have any more information on this?

Are you looking to hire Europeans to clean high-rises?

Canmorite
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
The next time I see them in front of my window I'll ask them. Take down your stupid avatar :rofl:

Kobe
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

Are you looking to hire Europeans to clean high-rises?

No, I'm looking to find a company to hire some Europeans I know in Calgary.

Originally posted by Canmorite
The next time I see them in front of my window I'll ask them. Take down your stupid avatar :rofl:

Let me sleep with your girlfriend and we can talk...

CanmoreOrLess
06-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

No, I'm looking to find a company to hire some Europeans I know in Calgary.

Let me sleep with your girlfriend and we can talk...

I was worried your poker had taken a dive as of late. Update on the blog? Link it as I cannot recall your playing name.

Kobe
06-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

I was worried your poker had taken a dive as of late. Update on the blog? Link it as I cannot recall your playing name.

Poker is going fine, But I just havn't been playing as much as I want, and been drinking more then regularly (Fucken impossible to say no to Alcohol in Poland)

I think I'm done updating it, but Maybe I will post some pictures sooner or later.. I'm going 2 play like a mad man come Oct/Nov and catch up, right now I'm going to be taking it easy.