PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2013 Camaro ZL1 Dyno

trev0006
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2013 Camaro ZL1 Dyno (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-12/06-05-12page-2013-Shelby-GT500-vs-2013-Camaro-ZL1-Dyno.htm) - 2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2013 Camaro ZL1 Dyno, wow the difference in numbers is staggering.

Revhard
06-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Bigger blower with about twice the boost. Who is surprised?
Ford actually used their heads and did what everybody else was doing to these cars after taking delivery. GM, on the otherhand, went half-assed on their effort, possibly because it isn't their halo car, and now the Zl-1 is going to get slapped around the local drag strips.
Doesn't surprise me really though, with all the bail-out money, it's almost government-run. We all know what that breeds...

sputnik
06-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Revhard
Bigger blower with about twice the boost. Who is surprised?
Ford actually used their heads and did what everybody else was doing to these cars after taking delivery. GM, on the otherhand, went half-assed on their effort, possibly because it isn't their halo car, and now the Zl-1 is going to get slapped around the local drag strips.
Doesn't surprise me really though, with all the bail-out money, it's almost government-run. We all know what that breeds...

Screw the dyno. Tell me what the GT500 Ring time is.

Most of the car magazines are reporting that people have seen the GT500 running The Ring lately. However they have yet to release any numbers. Could it be that they haven't come close to the ZL1 yet?

WOFnMey1adA

Currently the ZL1 sits at #40 for the fastest Ring times and definitely the fastest car that won't cost you $100k to drive.

Also more than 4.5 seconds faster than the C63 Black Series. ;)

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Hallowed_point
06-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Screw the dyno. Tell me what the GT500 Ring time is.

Most of the car magazines are reporting that people have seen the GT500 running The Ring lately. However they have yet to release any numbers. Could it be that they haven't come close to the ZL1 yet?

WOFnMey1adA

Currently the ZL1 sits at #40 for the fastest Ring times and definitely the fastest car that won't cost you $100k to drive.

Also more than 4.5 seconds faster than the C63 Black Series. ;)

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Good points..also in for a ring time comparo..I'm getting tired of the recent Ford domination :rofl:

Darkane
06-06-2012, 03:29 PM
The ford makes 105wtq more than the ZL1.

The shelby has another B16 under the hood.

sr20s14zenki
06-06-2012, 04:56 PM
It's politics. zl1 cant beat the zr1

Toma
06-06-2012, 04:59 PM

Uhm, well, the best cars/trucks GM has ever built?

The LS is still superior in most ways, including cost. You don't see tens of thousands of people putting 4.6/5.4 junk into Chevies and other hot rods do you?

LSx swap is king.

PS, the comment above was me, Evan forgot to log out.

Revhard
06-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Toma

Uhm, well, the best cars/trucks GM has ever built?

The LS is still superior in most ways, including cost. You don't see tens of thousands of people putting 4.6/5.4 junk into Chevies and other hot rods do you?

LSx swap is king.

PS, the comment above was me, Evan forgot to log out.

There is no denying any of that. Just that Ford is killing them in terms of performance for $. The ZR1 is fantastic, but the Shelby is so close for so much less.
I'm the farthest thing from a Ford fan, and that doesn't make the whooping any less painful, believe me.

Toma
06-06-2012, 06:10 PM

There is no denying any of that. Just that Ford is killing them in terms of performance for $. The ZR1 is fantastic, but the Shelby is so close for so much less.
I'm the farthest thing from a Ford fan, and that doesn't make the whooping any less painful, believe me.
Only Shelby even close is the 2013, and the Vette will still eat it any which way.