PDA

View Full Version : Cat Help

Spoons
06-06-2012, 08:44 PM
So there is this random cat, has been chilling on my doorstep since 8am all the way till now. Still out there chilling.

I thought it was the basement ladies cat (she has one) and she isn't home. But I called her and she only has one.

It comes right inside when I open the door and is meowing a shit ton. Her cat always sits at the window.

I'm thinking it's in heat and just wants to get at the other cat right? I know shit all about cats, don't really like them, but I also feel bad for it just sitting out there. It looks to be a house cat for sure (well maintained).

I don't want to let it in my house and it starts pissing everywhere if it's in heat.

Tik-Tok
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Bust in to your basement ladies place, and let 'em have their fun.

Wouldn't you want someone to do the same if that was you looking for tail?

Supa Dexta
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Leave it alone. It will F off eventually.

redrocket
06-06-2012, 08:53 PM
If its in heat you can tell it like puts it's ass up if it's meowing and does is not sticking its butt up it's most likely not in heat. If it has no collar it may have a tattoo in its ear which if you found you can find a way to search the tattoo. What I might do is just leave it outside but you could give it water. It you Give it food and it might not leave. Again I'f I was really concerned i would look for the tattoo and you can find the owner or if not I'd at Least give it water since its been outside all day. And if it's around tomorrow you have a tougher choice you can call the pound, give it food and have a new cat ,or again hopefully it has a tattoo in its ear and you can find the owner

Grogador
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
Could be chipped instead

roopi
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Spray it with water and it will be gone.

Spoons
06-06-2012, 09:04 PM
I gave it water.

It stopped meowing now follows me everywhere I go and keeps snuggling with my legs.

Bastard is winning me over.

I don't think its in heat because it became quiet when I gave it water and doesn't try to get downstairs at the other cat anymore.

Went to town on the water though.

EDIT: I let it into the house, it just walked everywhere searching around. I'm guessing because it thinks the other cat is around. It's declawed as well.

It doesn't help that I'm baked. It's amusing me.

redrocket
06-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Your call hah try to see the tattoo again and yea it's possible it's chipped you could call the 24 hour animal hospital and just ask how you find out if it's chipped. If its not chipped or has a tattoo your left with keeping it and puting up found signs or leave it outside for a while like give it food and water enough to survive but don't make it too comfortable if it sticks around it has no better place to be and you got a new cat. Or you can leave it or call the pound and take the easy route

redrocket
06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Oh and after reading what you said if someone spent the money to have it declawed I'm sure it will be chipped or have a tattoo. But that does make it more likely that it's lost as I don't know anyone that would declaw a outside cat.

D'z Nutz
06-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
doesn't try to get downstairs at the other cat anymore.

keeps snuggling with my legs.

Bastard is winning me over.

Tik-Tok
06-06-2012, 09:51 PM
^^^^^^

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

88CRX
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
If its declawed it's not an outdoor cat. Take it to the animal shelter or to a vet and they'll track it. It's escaped from someone.

ekguy
06-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
If its declawed it's not an outdoor cat. Take it to the animal shelter or to a vet and they'll track it. It's escaped from someone.

This...

My cat got out not long ago to explore...Snuck out when I went to do my laundry and left my door open. Was late at night thought he was sleeping in usual spot and woke up to a missing cat. Spent 6 hours looking for him freaking out cuz to me he's the only family i have out here.

He's declawed, well groomed, etc. Same as the cat you found.

Someone could be going through the same thing right now.

Definitely try and find the owners.

syritis
06-07-2012, 03:15 AM
how about some pics so we can start the search for the owners?
i've got a pair of friends that just lost their cats. area? age? breed? anything at all?

Colin_R6
06-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Check Kijiji & Craigslist for lost kitty ads too!

ALBERTA_IS
06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Take it to local vet and they can scan it for a microchip. If they can't find a chip or tattoo then decide if you want to keep it. I know if I was the owner I would be worried and would hope someone would try to return it. Let us know what happens!

CapnCrunch
06-07-2012, 11:01 AM
It's going to drop a bunch of babies on your front step.

Kloubek
06-07-2012, 11:14 AM
The sound a cat makes due to being in heat is entirely different than the sound it makes to get your attention.

In heat, it is like a "raaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrr".
Otherwise, it is a "meow" "meow" or "purrrrrrrrr"

*If* the cat is in heat, you certainly don't want it in your house or it can start spraying and shit... and that smell is hard to get rid of.

Really - you have two realistic options. The first is that you can try to find its owner yourself with signs, etc; the second is to bring it to the humane society so they can deal with it.

I guess the third option is to keep it, but if you know you aren't a cat person then I'm sure that will be the farthest option from your mind once you aren't stoned anymore.

kvg
06-07-2012, 11:28 AM
mmmmm cat:drool:

Spoons
06-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
The sound a cat makes due to being in heat is entirely different than the sound it makes to get your attention.

In heat, it is like a "raaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwrrrrrrrrrrrrr".
Otherwise, it is a "meow" "meow" or "purrrrrrrrr"

*If* the cat is in heat, you certainly don't want it in your house or it can start spraying and shit... and that smell is hard to get rid of.

Really - you have two realistic options. The first is that you can try to find its owner yourself with signs, etc; the second is to bring it to the humane society so they can deal with it.

I guess the third option is to keep it, but if you know you aren't a cat person then I'm sure that will be the farthest option from your mind once you aren't stoned anymore.

I unno cat was kinda cute. I just let it chill outside, it went away and wasn't there anymore when I went to check around 11pm (I figured if it was still there by then I would take it in). Gone now though.

God Speed Cat.... God Speed.

kvg
06-07-2012, 01:01 PM
LIAR!!! You ate it didn't you?

Spoons
06-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by kvg
LIAR!!! You ate it didn't you?

You don't even understand how baked I was... And then I found out Macs was closed for renos................ I HAD TO MAN! I HAD TO!

Tik-Tok
06-07-2012, 04:00 PM

You don't even understand how baked I was... And then I found out Macs was closed for renos................ I HAD TO MAN! I HAD TO!

A similar taste to Buffet Yangtze I imagine...

Spoons
06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Fuck man I got a commune in my back yard now.

There are at least 2 cats in my back yard chillin.

EDIT: Alright the cat came back (no pun intended). Can I leave it in my laundry room till I get back with some water or will it go bat shit crazy? I don't want to leave it outside anymore. I don't know how house broken it is, I don't want it pissing everywhere cause I don't have a litter box.

Unknown303
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Sounds like we have the start of a cat fight club here.

88CRX
06-07-2012, 10:17 PM
It might piss somewhere if it really has to. How long you locking it up for?

Box with shredded newspaper might work for the time being. Or a flower pot with dirt in it.

Spoons
06-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Downstairs lady gave me an extra litter box with litter and some food. I think I own a cat now. I'm gonna take it to the vet (they can scan for chips right?) If it doesn't have anything to return it to its rightful owner, then Chuck (I'm naming it so) has a new home.... Fucker won me over

EDIT: Alright I got veto'd on keeping the cat. If I can't find an owner would a Beyonder want to adopt it? It's honestly a chillin' cat. It's currently just sitting at my feet restin'. I definitely want to see it go to a good home, it's pretty well the only cat to win me over. I don't want to let it sit in a cage, that ends up making a cat hard.

http://i.imgur.com/OwK3T.jpg

It's in the Beddington area, by the Safeway and such.

redrocket
06-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Did you take it to the vet? I'm sure it will have a tattoo or be chipped if someone declawed it. And have you tried kijiji and such for lost cat beddington try a little harder to find the owner again any cat that's declawed has a owner

cancer man
06-09-2012, 07:09 AM
Dude i need a shop cat bring it DT.

Amysicle
06-09-2012, 07:44 AM
The MEOW foundation might take it in. They're a no-kill cat rescue group with foster homes for needy cats.

http://www.meowfoundation.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=103

Unknown303
06-09-2012, 09:12 PM
TAKE IT TO A VET.

If it's declawed someone put money into this cat and would probably like to see it returned.

bignerd
06-09-2012, 09:22 PM
From the City of Calgary homepage;

What should you do if you find a lost cat or dog?

Under the Responsible Pet Ownership Bylaw 23M2006, any person in possession of a stray dog or cat must notify and turn the animal over to Animal & Bylaw Services by calling 3-1-1. After hours, citizens will be advised to take the animal to a vet clinic, where he will be picked up by Animal & Bylaw Services the next day. We then make every attempt to reunite that animal with his owner before putting him up for adoption.

Didn't know that. I would hang onto it for another couple days, see what a vet says. Maybe post a FOUND ad on Kijiji and put something in the Herald and Sun? Found ads use to be free.
But yes if she is declawed it probably belongs to someone because declawing is not cheap.

Tetsugen
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Bring it to the Vet like you said, then just walk around the neighborhood and ask if it belongs to anyone. Cats generally don't stray too far away from their home.

redrocket
06-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Update?

Spoons
06-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by redrocket
Update?

I took it out back with the other cats, there I set up a 20 ft tall fence (fuckers can jump) in a circle. I left the grass super long to give an almost jungle/Vietnam effect. I then proceeded to tie hunting knives to the heads of all the cats, threw in a ton of cat nip, and had a good old fashioned battle royale.

In all seriousness I took it to the vet.

C_Dave45
06-12-2012, 04:10 PM

In all seriousness I took it to the vet.

It's done for.... :cry: