PDA

View Full Version : Django Unchained by Quentin Tarantino

Zephyr
06-06-2012, 10:27 PM
rC8VJ9aeB_g

Looks pretty good

D'z Nutz
06-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I fucking hate Jamie Foxx... But I want to see this!

dj_patm
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM
It's Tarantino.

It's going to be amazing.

lilmira
06-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Interesting cast.

Tik-Tok
06-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I fucking hate Jamie Foxx... But I want to see this!

Without having seen it first, I'm already 98% sure they could have found someone better for that role.

Perhaps I'll change my mind after watching it, but probably not.

dj_patm
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Without having seen it first, I'm already 98% sure they could have found someone better for that role.

I trust Tarantino's casting.
Plus you already have Leo, Samuel L Jackson and Christopher Waltz.

CanmoreOrLess
06-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Quentin Tarantino! I trust his decision ability when it comes to movies. One cannot go wrong.

Save yer hate for Nic Cage.

95teetee
06-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Last time I read about this movie, Sacha Baron Cohen was supposed to be in it. Doesn't look like it now...

xnvy
06-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Been following this movie and Rush for a very long time. Glad to see the trailer doesn't disappoint, hopefully I'll be able to say that about the final product.

beecue
06-07-2012, 09:46 PM

It was supposed to be Will Smith but he turned it down.

dj_patm
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by beecue

He's been in mostly family friendly movies his whole career. The grittiest he's gone is what? Ali? Tarantino wouldn't really fit his style lol. Which sucks cause he'd probably be awesome.

CanmoreOrLess
06-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by beecue

Right behind Nic Cage for actors I will not watch, his (Smith) wife is #1 for actresses most hoped to be in a Nic Cage movie. Hate runs deep.

b_t
06-08-2012, 11:19 AM
dunno about Tarintino anymore. Death Proof was fkin terrible and Inglorious Basterds was only good the first time through. This could be alright if it is more action oriented

Zephyr
06-08-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm looking forward to Christoph Waltz performance in this movie. He was a dam good actor in Inglorious Bastards

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2372/inglouriousbasterds004.jpg

[GaGe]
06-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by b_t
dunno about Tarintino anymore. Death Proof was fkin terrible and Inglorious Basterds was only good the first time through. This could be alright if it is more action oriented

Really? I loved both of those movies lol.

sputnik
06-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Death Proof was BORING compared to Planet Terror

BigMass
06-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by dj_patm
It's Tarantino.

It’s going to be a rip-off of 20 different lesser known cult movies and retro pop culture references and the general public will think it’s clever and original

...fixed

first thing that popped into my mind within the first 10 seconds of watching the trailer was, It's Catcher Freeman!!!

Tik-Tok
06-12-2012, 09:07 AM
^^

Welcome to the new century, where nothing is original. However putting together a movie full of ideas from select "cult movies and retro pop-culture" can still be an entertaining film worth watching.

HiTempguy1
06-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by BigMass

...fixed

first thing that popped into my mind within the first 10 seconds of watching the trailer was, It's Catcher Freeman!!!

You're so cool, "I was watching shitty b-grade cult films before people made them good" :rofl:

BigMass
06-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

You're so cool, "I was watching shitty b-grade cult films before people made them good" :rofl:
Has nothing to do with that. He’s a talent movie maker and his movies are entertaining and polished but he doesn’t have a creative original idea in his entire body. If I were to pitch an idea on an internet forum that’s an obvious rip-off of some 1980s Hong Kong movie I’d get flamed to hell and back

Toma
06-13-2012, 02:19 PM
I think his only good Movie was Pulp Fiction.

I thought Four Rooms was clever, but he only did a segment.

Sin City was amazing, but again, he only did a portion....

Dusk Till Dawn was good though..

The rest?? Meh, crap honestly, much of it too painful to watch lol.

Kloubek
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm not at all interested in Western-style movies. But this one, I might like...

b_t
06-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Toma
kill bill 1 & 2 were fun

his new movies are pretty much him masturbating onto a script and giving it to his actors, so you end up with five or six Quentin Tarintinos talking to each other. so goddamn annoying.

dirtsniffer
06-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I think his only good Movie was Pulp Fiction.

I thought Four Rooms was clever, but he only did a segment.

Sin City was amazing, but again, he only did a portion....

Dusk Till Dawn was good though..

Reservoir Dogs?

95teetee
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Reservoir Dogs? I won't even try to reason with someone who sats PF is Tarantino's only good movie.

Tik-Tok
06-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by b_t

his new movies are pretty much him masturbating onto a script and giving it to his actors, so you end up with five or six Quentin Tarintinos talking to each other.

That's probably the most accurate description I've ever heard, of him.

rage2
06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome to the new century, where nothing is original. However putting together a movie full of ideas from select "cult movies and retro pop-culture" can still be an entertaining film worth watching.
This.

I'm a Tarantino fan, enjoy every one of his films so far, but also agrees with the criticism. His formula is simple, take some obscure genre of film from some obscure era, add witty and cool conversation that's just absurd in any real life scenario, glorify the violence and make it cool, and add a touch of comedy to both of the above, and viola. Repeat and Profit.

What I'd like to see is for him to break out of that formula and do something completely different, but yet successful. That's a tough challenge, because everyone expects his films to be that formula.

Toma
06-15-2012, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Reservoir Dogs?
Decent story, terrible movie

beecue
12-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Movie was pretty awesome. The whole cast was stellar. Pretty sure it has the world record for number of times nigger was said. :rofl: Niggerles

natty54
12-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Just saw this! It was great! And haha beecue I am sure it was a record was like 150+ times

Total Tarantino style

WhippWhapp
12-21-2012, 05:57 AM
I dunno 'bout you guys, but Inglourious Basterds was not what I would consider a bad movie. It was not cinematic perfection(final act dragged a bit), but definitely had more pluses than minuses.

QT has had a hand in some stinkers and can't act worth shit, but he's a decent writer and can get some pretty damn fine performances out of his actors.

Pulp Fiction, Inglourious Basterds, Reservoir Dogs, and True Romance(writer) are my QT fav's.

Kramerica
12-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Saw it today, enjoyed it alot and it was definitely a step up from inglorious basterds. I'd recommend it.

rage2
12-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Awesome movie. Definately a must see.

JordanEG6
12-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Kramerica
Saw it today, enjoyed it alot and it was definitely a step up from inglorious basterds. I'd recommend it.

Interesting. I loved Inglorious Basterds. I hope I enjoy this one as well.

egmilano
12-26-2012, 11:58 PM
saw it yesterday and boy was I impressed, not a huge fan of Tarantino but damn this was a good movie !

LUDELVR
12-27-2012, 06:59 PM
This movie was awesome! Not as gory as some had lead me to believe but still awesome! Samuel L. cracked me up every time he was on screen and just made the movie that much better for me!:thumbsup:

Markll7
12-28-2012, 04:25 PM
Awesome film, Tarantino is on point

Supa Dexta
12-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe I bought into the hype too much, but I went last night and I didn't leave raving about it.. It was good, but nothing amazing. The actors def brought their A game, but the story itself was kind of mashed up.

msommers
12-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Saw this last night and honestly one of the few Tarantino movies I genuinely enjoyed and probably my favorite of his.

That dog part was gruesome though :barf:

Xtrema
01-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Love it. Only Taratino movie I enjoyed end to end since Pulp Fiction.

LadyLuck
01-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Loved every minute of it, Christoph Waltz is one of my favorite actors.

Loved the soundtrack as well...

2Pac :rofl:

black13
01-01-2013, 01:42 PM
So good! Sam Jackson and Walts were so good!
As typical Tarrantino, its violent as hell with alot of swearing so be prepared.

DeleriousZ
01-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Saw it a couple days ago and enjoyed it. Pretty sure the german's role was written specifically with Waltz's persona in mind. Very similar character feeling as in inglorious basterds.

Getting kind of tired of Tarantino's cameo's tho, I feel it completely destroys the atmosphere of the movie when he pops up, completely kills the feeling of immersion in the movie.

urrforce
01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
this was really good probably my favourite tarantino movie now

floodpants
01-07-2013, 01:51 PM
i fell asleep during this movie.

abraham lincoln vampire slayer was better.

that is all.

JordanEG6
01-07-2013, 03:11 PM
I enjoyed the movie. It was a little too long for my liking, but it was an excellent movie with a great cast.

I couldn't buy into Sam Jackson's character though, I just laughed at everything he said.

l/l/rX
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Great movie! Enjoyed every single moment of it. How did Sam Jackson's character have soo much power in candy land since he was black?

FixedGear
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
I saw it yesterday. I'm a huge Tarantino fan, and I thought this film was good but not stellar. IMO, his best work is still Kill Bill.

jsn
01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
^^I thought this movie was better than the kill bill series. I wasn't a big fan of those. If we're discussing his best work, I don't think anything recent tops pulp fiction.

I definitely agree that waltz stole the show. He's an amazing actor and plays the roll perfectly.

kdwebber
01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
for those of you saying PF was Tarantino's only good movie have you never seen Jackie Brown?

95teetee
01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by floodpants
i fell asleep during this movie.

abraham lincoln vampire slayer was better.

that is all. some movie reviews are so easy to dismiss.

btw, jsn, I agree that Pulp Fiction > KB.

One thing about Tarantino movies though, you'll find people who love some and hate others, and completely different opinions across the board. Moreso than any other director, imho.

Disoblige
01-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Haha, I wonder what else Tarantino would make Waltz do in future films. I enjoyed both movies with him.

beyond_ban
01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I loved every second of this movie. Definitely the best movie i've seen in the last year, second would be Lawless.

FixedGear
01-07-2013, 08:44 PM
I'm not a huge fan of PF. I mean its ok, but it just doesn't do it or me like his other films.

I'm also a big fan of his film from the grindhouse double feature. The car chase in the second half is ducking epic... Straight outta 1977, but features jeep grand Cherokee etc. lol

FixedGear
01-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by 95teetee

One thing about Tarantino movies though, you'll find people who love some and hate others, and completely different opinions across the board. Moreso than any other director, imho.

The truth -- I wonder why that is?

BigMass
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
My original opinion when I first saw the trailer a year ago was confirmed. Saw it last night and the only thing I could think of was how Aaron McGruder should sue for a %50 of the profits. Good movie, Leo and Sam Jack were the standouts.
8qIVmdPzPEA