PDA

View Full Version : More Impark Fiasco

Dash
02-05-2004, 05:36 AM
I'm sitting here writing at 4:00 a.m. I received 2 phone calls in the night, one at 2 am and another at 3:30 am from CBCL. This relates to a couple unpaid Impark violations in Calgary. This was an automated message telling me to contact them about an important matter, and even had an option to press 0 to speak to a customer service rep, but of course no one was there working in the middle of the freaking night. I called them back and only got voice mail.

I was surfing the web for advice because I was wide awake now anyway. I found a Consumer Tip on the Alberta Consumer Services web page that stated collection agencies CAN ONLY call between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm.

In the past I have always responded to Impark violation notices by sending them a cheque for the $3.00 or whatever the original fee should have been. But this time they are getting nasty, they didn't cash my cheque and have passed the case to CBCL for collection. CBCL has left a few messages during the daytime, but never after hours.

So, in the morning I will call Consumer Services to file a harrassment complaint as well as CBCL to do the same.

Anyone else gotten harrassing calls after hours from CBCL re Impark?:eek:

Pacman
02-05-2004, 08:31 AM
I've been getting a couple of those recorded messages lately, but definatly not past 10pm.

I would just call the cops and file a complaint for harassment.

Redlyne_mr2
02-05-2004, 09:26 AM
They also can only call you a maximum of 3 times a day, if its any more its harassement.

ZorroAMG
02-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Those MOTHERFUCKERS called me at 2:00 am, 3:00 and 3:30 last night. I left a message stating my phone number and that if they proceeded to phone me again at 2am, I would proceed with legal action. I said it is harassment and they have NO RIGHT to be disturbing people at those times. I was furious. I ended with If I get another call at those hours, they will have problems.

ZorroAMG
02-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Holy shit I think I may have just blocked them. Using the phone line you want to block them with, Dial 1 866-849-3243 (the number they called me on last night) select option one and then it will say you wish to block calls from "--- ---- " then it processes and says "the request to block shall take place in one (1) business day. Thank you, Good bye."

I hope it works..I feel like A macguyver TYPE PERSON right now LOL

PS: this may only stop the late night calls....the day calls are a different number.

20incheyes
02-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Those MOTHERFUCKERS called me at 2:00 am, 3:00 and 3:30 last night. I left a message stating my phone number and that if they proceeded to phone me again at 2am, I would proceed with legal action. I said it is harassment and they have NO RIGHT to be disturbing people at those times. I was furious. I ended with If I get another call at those hours, they will have problems.

thats brutal, if they called me 3 times at those times I definetly would get revenge back, thats BS. Call the cops do whatever you gotta do,

rc2002
02-05-2004, 01:03 PM
I would've been pissed too if they called me at 2 in the morning. That would make me never want to pay my ticket until they took me to court. And then I would countersue their asses for harassment.

I feel like fucking macguyver right now LOL

Hahaha ZorroAMG, maybe you should change that line in your post. I read it the wrong way the first time. :rofl:

ZorroAMG
02-05-2004, 01:06 PM
oh shit LOL how's that? hahaha owning yourself sucks!

90_Shelby
02-05-2004, 01:11 PM
How can they legally get your cel phone # originally from your liscense plate???????? How is this legal? Is Telus selling us out?

JAYMEZ
02-05-2004, 01:38 PM
wtf , that should not be able to get out. Call Telus.

Dash
02-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Further to my earlier post, I talked to a reporter at CBC Radio in Calgary this morning. She said many people contacted the CBC about these harrassing calls, so they are doing a news piece about it on the Friday morning news. Good news; hopefully this gives Impark some well deserved bad publicity!

szw
02-05-2004, 06:31 PM
It is on the news right now.

Fluidic
02-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Channel 7 at 11PM -- full story.

JordanLotoski
02-05-2004, 10:59 PM
hahahahaha, funny..all you guys bitching......would any of you have unpaid parking tickets....hahahahhahaa.....funny

redx2nv
02-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Fuck these assholes for one month straight would call me 5+ times a day, at all hours of the day. Everytime i came on to fucking bitch their ass off, it would be a recording.

It went away after two months or so.

I just do answer ANY calls from a 416 number, greedy bastards.

BigBearWest
02-05-2004, 11:59 PM
I got those damn f'in calls last night to,

Rav4Guy
02-06-2004, 12:04 AM
what's this on the news? and what happened??

Ashkente
02-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Dude, I just heard on Global that they'll cancel the debt for people that were called. :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
02-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Yup , but you gota call in that number they gave.

Superesc
02-06-2004, 12:20 AM
hehehe got my call last nite at 3am haha

Superesc
02-06-2004, 12:26 AM
what is that number??

the CBCL number I have is 1-866-205-3071 ... I just left a msg. probably will call back tomorrow to get this resolve.

20incheyes
02-06-2004, 12:43 AM
looks like about the only good time to have a parking ticket

ntv1980
02-06-2004, 12:49 AM
hmmm...I thought I was the one of a few got the phone call after 10 last night, and seen this topic this morning. I think the number is something similar to the Alberta Consumer complaint:

1-877-427-4088

Can somebody please confirm is this is the same number given on Chanel 7?

Pacman
02-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey guys,

I just moved to Regina and missed the news piece on the Calgary Impark thing.

My parents place got the phone calls in the middle of the night.

What exactly do I have to do so that they wipe my ticket off???

mischief
02-06-2004, 10:13 AM
Full Global news story:

http://www.canada.com/calgary/specials/consumer/story.html?id=4F11B3BB-96B4-4B9E-A76C-4D232EE15B6E

All ppl who were called will have their tickets cancelled. You will receive a letter confirming this.

Also call Alberta Consumer Services to file a complaint against Impark. This is an opportunity to fight back!

EK 2.0
02-06-2004, 10:28 AM
So then which is the number I have to call to get it expunged??

DUBBED
02-06-2004, 10:35 AM
They called me at 12:00 am, 1 am, 2 am, and 3 am.

Now all of my tickets are going to be cancelled because of the glitch :rolleyes: in their phone system.

Pacman
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
So if I read the article correctly, it looks like they will erase the tickets automatically....no need to call.

ZorroAMG
02-06-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, is there still a number we have to call or is it in the database?

EDIT: It WILL happen automatically

Superesc
02-06-2004, 01:45 PM
you should still file a complaint with Alberta Consumer Services.

RickDaTuner
02-06-2004, 02:27 PM
I smell h4xx05

t"raver1"smith
02-06-2004, 03:15 PM
didn't read everyone's answers to your question but one thing i know for a fact is that if you sent them a chq and they chose not to cash it then they have in essence absolved you of any responsibility for payment. so tell them to pound salt.

Ducati
02-07-2004, 03:02 AM
The Debt Collection Act states that they cannot call you between certain hours, and the CRTC governs automated calling systems.
I would file a complaint with the provincial department of Consumer Affairs, but first send a letter (registered is best) stating that you dispute the ticket; now either sue me or fuck off - they are now "estopped" from continuing collection activity.

The collection agent cannot submit reports to Equifax or Trans Western (Consumer Credit Reporting Agencies) about debts they are trying to collect unless those debts relate to either a delinquent loan or other type of installment credit agreement, or unless they have successfully obtained a judgement against you. As well, even if someone does report shit on you to a credit bureau, you have the right to put a 100 word rebuttal in your file that has the affect of negating the derogatory credit information.

You have a right to see your credit report, for free. They have a 1- 800 number. Look up Equifax, or Credit Bureau of Wherever, or TransWestern. They will guide you through the process, and it wont cost you any more than postage.

Also, as of Jan 1 of this year, new privacy legislation came into effect, and you can demand to see any file that any agency, either governmental or private, has on you.

roopi
02-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Here's some more news on Impark:

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/story.asp?id=1E996E6B-EC54-4D7C-AE92-DEE9A6C61541

QuasarCav
02-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Thats awesome, Impark gets cut-off by the Gov't.

No more driver info for them.

Xtrema
02-12-2004, 03:14 PM
The promise more towing but I thought they are not legalized to tow.

They may also swithed back to manned lots instead of machines which is bad because I love kinda in-out privledge with machine only lots.

maximus
02-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

They may also swithed back to manned lots instead of machines which is bad because I love kinda in-out privledge with machine only lots.

Thats pretty much their only option. I don't see why they havn't changed back sooner since there are soo many people not paying.

Right know though, since they can't get acess to your records, I guess its pretty much a free parking lot!!

Foz
02-12-2004, 10:03 PM
According to an article by CFCN..

"Impark is not allowed to tow vehicles from its lots. It must notify the city, which can then issue a ticket and tow it to an impound lot.

The $103 charge from the ticket and tow go to the city, not to Impark. "

Whoo hoo.. Impark gets OW3NED!! Plus now they can't get your address etc from the registry anymore.. so good luck in collecting..

OW3NED!

:thumbsup:

thich
02-13-2004, 12:14 AM
they also just got blocked from using Alberta Registries today too... so they can't get ur info from ur license plates for now

Superesc
02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
hmm but they still have the info of the people that haven't payed their ticket to date.

ZorroAMG
02-13-2004, 04:10 AM
Like it matters. Never pay those [arkign Nazis!! LOL

szw
02-13-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm starting to feel a little sorry for impark.

thich
02-13-2004, 11:14 AM
why?
in terms of business practices, i think they are probably one of the worst businesses i've known to date. PLUS they charge ridiculously inflated prices for parking :thumbsdow

Foz
02-13-2004, 11:26 AM
Precisely.

Looks like Impark's is in a tough rutt.. haha..

Recent news, says that they're not going to tow every single car off their lots (it'd wouldn't do them any good, they don't see any profits, but the city and towing companies will).

However, they mentioned they will be putting in requests for violators to the city to tow cars that have outstanding tickets.

So for first time offenders, FREE PARKING!

But now they're trying to use the scare tactic of taking future violators to court since they have no way to collect their fines.

Haha.

ZorroAMG
02-13-2004, 11:57 AM
My car is RWD so I always back it in....if they tow my car, they WILL fuck it up and they would NOT want to do that. So unless they bring a flat bed, i may have free parking ;)

FiveFreshFish
02-13-2004, 11:58 PM
I filed a complaint with the CRTC before I found out it was those Impark bastards.

Notre numéro de référence: 16xxxx
Voici ce que vous avez écrit au CRTC le 2/6/2004 7:20:08 PM

Our Reference number: 16xxxx
This is what you wrote to the CRTC on 2/6/2004 7:20:08 PM

Originating telephone number of calls: 403-234-8169

Nature of complaint: harassing telephone calls, or unreasonable telemarketing practice

I received six (6) telephone calls from a corporation in the span of less than 24 hours. I live in Calgary and called Telus Customer Service at about 4:30 PM Feb 6, who said there's nothing they could do. However, they did identify the telephone number as one belonging to a Sprint Canada corporate customer, and told me it is likely an outgoing number so it cannot receive calls. I tried calling it and confirmed that it can't receive calls.

I have not contacted Sprint Canada and thought it would be better to submit a complaint to you first.

The last harassing call occured at 1:57 AM Calgary time. I thought telemarketers were not allowed to call more than once a day and cannot call after reasonable hours. The first five calls were not answered as I was not home at the time calls and do not answer the phone if it rings after I go to bed. I do not have any answering machine or answering service on my line.

Please look in this directory for six digital photos of the call log from my telephone.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/trust.no.one/Telephone/

----------------------------------------------

Thanks for contacting the CRTC.

If you requested information or filed a complaint about one of the companies we regulate, we'll contact you again within 10 working days.

If the matter is URGENT, SUCH AS DISCONNECTION OF SERVICES, please call our toll-free Client Services line at 1-877-249-2782. If you do call, please let our representatives know that you've already sent us a message.

If you would like to send an email attachment or update your original message, please reply directly to this acknowledgement.

1-877-249-2782 /[email protected]/ télécopieur/facsimile (819) 994-0218
Conseil de la radiodiffusion et des télécommunications canadiennes / Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2

Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission / Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N2

MYKN
02-14-2004, 12:21 AM
I also got three calls at 230 and 330 am this was a couple weeks back..does the mean my impark tickets will be gone???

Bali
07-13-2004, 06:30 AM
The person that you want to gripe to directly is the manager of Imparks own collection agency, it's called City Collections and their office is in Vancouver. I got this information due to very similar problems.

Call Corey Medgyesi he is the general manager of Impark owned City Collections. His direct line is 604-868-6407.

Corey Medgyesi reports to someone named Darren McClelland, he can be reached at 604-331-7267, Darren is apparently the City Manager of Impark.

All of their offices are located at suite 200-601 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1G1.

For those of you who are having problems with violations in Vancouver you should contact Patrick Leong, apparently he is in charge of the patrol functions 604-830-1703.

ZorroAMG
07-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks tips. Where were you 5 months ago when that information was RELEVANT?

Noobs should really learn to read the date at the botton left of each post.

Bali
07-14-2004, 05:33 PM
Um, ZorroAMG, I may be a "noob" but I'm not an idiot, we all know were the date is. I was just trying to be helpful. It may be fair to look up these guys home numbers and disturb them with a call at 2:00am like they call everyone else and inquire about your violation.

Just a thought.

ZorroAMG
07-14-2004, 06:26 PM
whatevs....:)

Khyron
07-14-2004, 07:09 PM
And backing in won't save you. I watched a tow guy who has these little clamp on wheel sleds that he puts on the rear wheels, tightens and poof all your wheels are off the ground. Took him less than 2 mins.

Khyron

ShipRec
09-07-2007, 10:41 AM
The solution I've found that seems to have worked is to fax this letter to them. You MUST fax it and keep the receipt that confirms it was received!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Canadian Bonded Credits
1210 Sheppard Avenue East
North York, ON
M2K 1E3

Sent by Fax: 1-416-753-7570

Re:

Dear Sir/ Madam:

I am exercising my rights under s. 116 & 117 of the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act.

Please do not communicate with me except in writing. You can send your letters to me c/o:

Include
Legitimate
Mailing Address

If you persist in phoning me I shall forward a complaint with a copy of this correspondence to the BC Business Practice and Consumer Protection Authority.

Yours truly,

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did this a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard from them since. It would appear that, if they have to spend money on letters they'de rather not!

ShipRec

SCHIDER23
09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
um...... you know this thread is 3 years old right?

:confused:

bamboo403
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
sorry to revive a dead thread but my wife just got a ticket yesterday with my car. the back says if 30 day no payment it will be sent to collections. now does this whole thing mean they can not get info off of license plates any more? so basically i dont have to pay it? lol