PDA

View Full Version : Would you? 38k Lambo

Rhystar
06-07-2012, 08:59 PM
can someone embed this for me? ima noob (http://youtu.be/3T1f24JVaMU)

J-hop
06-07-2012, 09:04 PM
3T1f24JVaMU&feature=youtube

I don't know, but my question is how do they not get sued for this?

J-hop
06-07-2012, 09:06 PM
double

Kloubek
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm not gonna lie... I couldn't tell it wasn't real by looking at it.

Hell ya I'd pay 38k for that.

Chester
06-07-2012, 09:09 PM
No, I'd feel like a douche bag driving a fake lambo.

Kloubek
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Chester
No, I'd feel like a douche bag driving a fake lambo.

Yeah, but that aside - you're still getting a light, V12 powered car nobody else has.

Disoblige
06-07-2012, 09:15 PM
Engine from a 2010 BMW 760Li..

6.0-liter twin-turbo V12 :hitit:

know1edge
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
Insurance would be way cheaper wouldnt it?

GQBalla
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM
no. In the end its fake.

no one will know but you will know

Graham_A_M
06-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Lambo is starting to go after the kit car manufacterers a lot more then they used to. I remember about 6 years ago there were a good handful of companies doing what these guys are doing. Then Lambo really started to fight hard to have these guys shut down, and one after the next they either went undercover or shut their doors completely.

There was one based out of Vancouver offering turn key replica Diablo's for around $100k. Towards looks, fit & finish they were EXACT to the actual Lambo using a BMW V12 out of an 850I.
His website & business name was "Ron's Toy store".
Another company called NAERC (North American Exotic Repli-Cars) was based out of Saskatoon and offered a very similar package for the Diablo. Base ones based off a Fiero were $70k and they went up from there to about $130k or so. NAERC is gone for good now, not too sure about "Rons Toy store" I know there were a few other companies offering horrendous packages based off of Fiero's down in the states.

$100k sounded about right for what you got with either Ron's or NAERC. That to me was quite fair since a ton of work was needed to build each and every one.

For this LP640 for only $38k REALLY makes me wonder. The cost of the complete engine & tranny would be around $8k at least (pulled from a wrecked 760LI), and to build the rest of the car turn key for $30k and still make a profit on it doesn't add up.

Seeing is believing, but you really cant build a car from scratch for that kind of money, production car or not. I'd be interested to see the car in person. I've never heard of SR before.

J-hop
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

For this LP640 for only $38k REALLY makes me wonder. The cost of the complete engine & tranny would be around $8k at least (pulled from a wrecked 760LI), and to build the rest of the car turn key for $30k and still make a profit on it doesn't add up.

Yea I was wondering about how they could do it for so cheap as well. But then I understood why when they showed the shop they were building it in and then the guy spraying the car in that same filthy shop without a mask and it looked to be open to airflow outside. It is really hard to tell the quality from a low res youtube vid but I wouldn't be surprised if it is shit!

Graham_A_M
06-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by J-hop

Yea I was wondering about how they could do it for so cheap as well. But then I understood why when they showed the shop they were building it in and then the guy spraying the car in that same filthy shop without a mask and it looked to be open to airflow outside. It is really hard to tell the quality from a low res youtube vid but I wouldn't be surprised if it is shit!

^ Lol, yeah I shuttered when I saw that. No paint booth, no anything. Just opening up the garage door, add a guy with a paint gun, and just like that.... you have "Lamborghini" quality paint eh? Oh... okie dokie. Surely Lambo needs to be informed of all the money their wasting doing these so called "proper" paint jobs then.

With most of these Lambo replica builders their "EXACT" lambo quality really isn't. Far from it actually. I've seen so many laughable replica's over time its insane. To date I've seen perhaps two decent builders that stood the test of time. Everybody else (quite possibly these guys) just come and go like the tide.

I was quite unimpressed with the lack of interior shots towards detail. If their that proud of their work, great..... but let us be the judge of this so called "exact replica" interior. Instead we saw next to nothing. Who knows if the climate controls actually work.

M.alex
06-07-2012, 09:34 PM
No - SR is known for pieces of shit.

There are some lambo replicas I'd build/drive though.

m10-power
06-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Looks like a complete scam, cars in videos are the real thing. Carbon brakes would cost what they are selling the whole car for. Send money and never see anything me thinks.

Agent_Oorange
06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Looks like a complete scam, cars in videos are the real thing. Carbon brakes would cost what they are selling the whole car for. Send money and never see anything me thinks.

This guy (http://scamsonline.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/supereplicas/) seems to think they are a scam and at those prices I'd be inclined to agree with him.

There is no way I'd drive a knock off vehicle of any kind.

Sugarphreak
06-07-2012, 10:29 PM

Graham_A_M
06-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I don't think there is any real difference between a real one and a fake one of this caliber. I am sure both are fun as hell on a track, and both are going to make you feel like a bit of a douche if you are just puttering around the city. There are plenty of differences, and these are worlds apart. If this car even got 50% slower lap times then the real LP640 I'd be quite surprised. If you could buy something on par with an actual LP640 for $38k, why the fuck would you or anybody blow the additional $460k on one?

These cars look good in ads like this, but a lot of them use donor car frames to keep the costs down (like so many Fiero re-bodies on the market) or the like. Like I say you really cant build a tube-frame replica of any modern super car for $38k, you simply cant.
A decent tube frame with proper steering, suspension & brakes, lets say about $10k for that.
So
$38k minus
-$14k, frame, drivetrain, brakes, tires and wheels
-$8k engine
Which leaves a measly $16k (or much less after you figure out labor, engineering & advertising costs) left to build the *whole* car, there is just no way any company can build a decent car for that kind of coin and make money.

I'd be interested to see the laundry list of parts scavenged from other cars used to build one of these. Probably almost entirely donor parts, asides from the body and most of the interior obviously.

kvg
06-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Was that shot on an iPhone? Scam!!!

Rhystar
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
That really is some terrrible filming

m10-power
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Agent_Oorange

This guy (http://scamsonline.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/supereplicas/) seems to think they are a scam and at those prices I'd be inclined to agree with him.

There is no way I'd drive a knock off vehicle of any kind.

Orange lambo they are passing off as their replica is a real lambo, end of story.

03ozwhip
06-08-2012, 01:24 PM
if i cant go on thr exotic cruise with it, no thanks lol

max_boost
06-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Can't do it. Can't drive a fake car.

jaysas_63
06-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by m10-power

Orange lambo they are passing off as their replica is a real lambo, end of story.

:werd:

I could have sworn I remember seeing a thread about these guys in the past, and how the whole operation is a scam.

Mista Bob
06-08-2012, 04:22 PM
The unfinished one in the beginning of the video seems to look nothing like the "finished" one later.
Headlights look to be a different shape, even the shape of the front end of the car is not the same (especially the fenders).

nashmahallz
06-08-2012, 05:36 PM
no way. I don't like fake anything.

Graham_A_M
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Another thing that comes to mind is the time involved to properly build a replicar.

I was on this Diablo Kit car forum a whiles back (back when it was totally legal to make a kit car Lambo). And most guys would spend (on average, money aside) about 8 months to a 1 year to build a car. Thats doing it every day for a job, heading out to the garage trying to get the interior just right, the clutch action to work properly, the engine install just right, the door action to be just right.
It would blow peoples minds at the time involved. Most people that would build these cars part time sometimes took 2-4 years. A professional that did this for a living would get it done in perhaps 8 months of solid everyday work.

So, like I say with that $16k (or less) reserve fund left over after all the components are bought really makes me wonder as to how legit this is. Even the sketchy-est Kit cars would sell for at least $50k out the door. Decent ones were AT LEAST $100k.

I was interested because the Diablo was always my favorite car growing up, I just adored its looks and persona. Problem is, that is the 2nd most expensive exotic you could possibly own second to only a McLaren F1. Most Diablo owners say after depreciation & maintenance it works out to about $1/mile in ownership costs.
For a daily driver that I wanted, I opted to go the cheaper route and get an on-par (with performance) kit car for about $100k or the same car purchase price.

There are a lot of other amazing kit cars out there worth mentioning. Such as the MR2 based DDR supercar.
http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201107/2011-miami-gt-by-ddr-moto-4_600x0w.jpg
http://www.ddrmotorsport.com/

And the (Factory Five) GTM Supercar.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3053/3016996733_e77b62daf6.jpg

http://www.factoryfive.com/order-a-kit/gtm-supercar-complete-kit/

That FF GTM kit can seriously perform. They did some pretty amazing engineering on that car, and holy shit thats one hell of a package for $20k. That can seriously hold its own against other exotics, unlike 95% of the kit cars out there. It uses a ton of stuff borrowed off the Corvette, only it was engineered so that it would work on-par with that current chassis set up.

I'd be quite interested to see the Stig take it for a lap around Top Gear's test track to see how well it fared against other exotics costing 5X++++ as much.
Good thing is, it uses a Corvette engine & other parts so go-fast goodies are dirt cheap, as is the maintenance. Probably the cheapest to own super-car out there by a very good margin.

M.alex
06-09-2012, 01:13 AM

That FF GTM kit can seriously perform. They did some pretty amazing engineering on that car, and holy shit thats one hell of a package for $20k.

Except it isn't $20k; you're realistically at $80-100k completed depending on how you build it.

That's like saying my 917 only costs 50k ... sure, 50k for a rolling chassis, try 120k+ completed, lol

Originally posted by max_boost
Can't do it. Can't drive a fake car.

O RLY?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/jimdavidsonsa/917.jpg

+

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/02/gm_ls9_580.jpg

>

all

Arash Boodagh
06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Super Replica's is a well know scamming company and yes they use real cars in their videos.

There are a few guys that are said to be legit out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmou_l-77M8

And always new guys who want a piece of the action :)
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/technical-discussion-question/15943-non-stretch-aventador.html

Chantastic
06-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Mista Bob
The unfinished one in the beginning of the video seems to look nothing like the "finished" one later.
Headlights look to be a different shape, even the shape of the front end of the car is not the same (especially the fenders).

I noticed this too. The car in the background was a Gallardo LP560 replica, not even a Murcielago.

Graham_A_M
06-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

Except it isn't $20k; you're realistically at $80-100k completed depending on how you build it.

That's like saying my 917 only costs 50k ... sure, 50k for a rolling chassis, try 120k+ completed, lol

Yeah thats what I should have said. Stupid me. Its about 100k turn key. Still not bad for such a wicked car at the end of the day.

TE4MFaint
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
showroom quality paint? it literally showed that mexican spraying the car outside in a dusty garage and i don't think he was even wearing a mask.

yah. no. i can see this car falling apart in a year due to poor quality craftsmanship.

sr20s14zenki
06-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint
showroom quality paint? it literally showed that mexican spraying the car outside in a dusty garage and i don't think he was even wearing a mask.

yah. no. i can see this car falling apart in a year due to poor quality craftsmanship.

LoL, they probably had the one in the video sprayed at a booth professionally, but thats not what you as a customer get.....you get the mexican paintjob. Sanded with a brick and painted with a broom :D

M.alex
06-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Yeah thats what I should have said. Stupid me. Its about 100k turn key. Still not bad for such a wicked car at the end of the day.

I love on corvette forum how people seem to think their wrecked corvette they bought back from insurance for 5k + another 18k + 2months of work will get them a show-quality GTM :rofl:

DNSRadio
06-09-2012, 12:52 PM
just google SR Replica Car Scam - you will find loads of info on this shit company.