PDA

View Full Version : Muay Thai gyms? (South Calgary)

vengie
06-08-2012, 03:28 PM
I've been interested in trying Muay Thai for quite some time and am
aiming to start this September, but have been able to find very little information.

What gyms in south Calgary offer Muay Thai? How open are they to newcomers? I have 2 years of past boxing experience but was forced to stop due to a wrist injury so I figured I'd expand my horizons.

Thanks in advance for any help!

chathamf
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM
How far south are you? Mike Miles has a gym at like Blackfoot/Glenmore. I know a few people that train there and they all like it. Decent prices too. They have special classes for beginners. They basically produce the best Muay Thai fighters around so I would check them out for sure.

JAYMEZ
06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I train at 2110 Fitness by chinook. Has some good Muay Thai teachers.. Come check it out .

nj2Type-S
06-08-2012, 10:25 PM
champion's creed.

pm me if you wanna drop by. i'm there tues, fri & sat classes.

1barA4
06-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
champion's creed.

pm me if you wanna drop by. i'm there tues, fri & sat classes.

+1

Home of Nick Ring, and two of the best BJJ black belts in Canada (Brian and Sheila), and a bunch of really good people.

I haven't been in a few years due to two knee injuries but hopefully will be back there sooner than later!

mac_82
07-06-2012, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I train at 2110 Fitness by chinook. Has some good Muay Thai teachers.. Come check it out .

Do Chris and Jon teach the MT? And is it an actual MT class, or more MMA?

Originally posted by 1barA4
Home of Nick Ring, and two of the best BJJ black belts in Canada (Brian and Sheila), and a bunch of really good people.

What happened to BDB? They just moved south and changed the name?

vengie
07-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Sorry guys! Haven't updated in a while, I've been insanely busy with work.

I've done some more research and I will check out champions creed near the end of August when I'm done up here and back in school.

How open/ welcoming are they to new comers?

dandia89
07-09-2012, 05:06 PM
I was at team smandych in downtown until i sprained my MCL. good gym, solid crew of people. My buddy Liam just started at champions creed, and he hasn't had any complaints thus far. He loves it because he can switch to jiu-jitsu whenever he feels like

Brutucus
07-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Champions Creed splits there class to advance and beginners groups. They also have a one week free trail, so you can judge for yourself.

nj2Type-S
02-05-2014, 01:13 AM
i was searching for something else, and i came across this thread again.

BDB was the previous name of Champion's Creed Mixed Martial arts (CCMA). they are very welcoming to new members.

typically, new members with 5 or less classes are separated from the rest of the class, so they can learn the basic techniques. they will, then, join the rest of the class for the pad work.

there is a 1 week free trial wherein guests can train in as many classes as they would like, unless stated otherwise on the website's class schedule.

i spend most of my time there, and i love it.

mon: bjj
tues: pad work & group muay thai
fri: pad work
sat: bjj & group muay thai

saturday muay thai classes are killer, especially after doing bjj. the instructors are very knowledgeable and definitely pushes you to progress in your skills. i just thought i'd bump this thread in case there are those looking.

chathamf
02-05-2014, 08:45 AM
What is the monthly fee for Champions Creed? Would love to start rolling on the mats again, and learn some stand up.

nj2Type-S
02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
$110/month, i think. your rate is locked in forever.

i'm paying $48/month. :D