PDA

View Full Version : Automaxx not so maxx

S13ontap
06-08-2012, 07:33 PM
So I knew before i bought my truck there that the place blows. But they had the exact truck i needed (cheap 2wd with full utility box) for 13k with 95000 kms on it. so I bought it. nothing wrong with the truck. just a little cosmetic damage to the bumper where the previous owner backed into something. Didn't damage it too bad, just dented the bumper slightly, and the plastic moulding on the bumper wouldn't clip back in completely as a result. So at point of sale my salesman said it would get fixed. Great.
However, when I picked up the truck it wasn't fixed.
He told me to come back later when it worked for me and we'd get it fixed.
Called 3 days later to schedule an appointment. Now the salesman doesn't work there anymore. Guess the guy only worked there for a couple weeks.... So after the run around, I talked to the GM and got it booked in to fix the damage.

The fucken bastards fixed it by putting 4 screws through the plastic into the bumper!

like great. so it was obvious all that had to be done is replace the bumper. Or at the very least, take it off and bang it flat with a hammer, then it would have clipped in. I mean I could have done it myself.... the only reason I had them do it is because it was promised at point of sale. Now I've got 4 screws through the bumper of an otherwise immaculate truck, that are going to rust out now underneath. and look ugly as Frankenstein's neck bolts...

Know what they said? at least the screws were black....

Awesome right?

If there was ever any doubt..... Steer clear of automaxx.

And anyone that wants to flatten the tires in the lot... I'll pay a bounty.

D'z Nutz
06-08-2012, 07:38 PM
It's too bad you didn't know before you bought your truck there that the place blows otherwise you could've expected this.

S13ontap
06-08-2012, 07:59 PM
lol yeah i knew I'd get what i get.... I just didn't figure they'd make something worse for no reason..... Had I known they wer ejust gonna drive screws through it I would have not even bothered...
I mean what's their answer to a leaking headgasket? Duct tape and Caulking? DO they fix blown headgaskets with JB weld?

lol

DEATH2000
06-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Tell em to fuck right off not take delivery of the truck. I sure as hell would.

lellowrx7
06-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Hey man don't be knocking jb weld.
I've seen that hold water pumps on when needed :p
Shitty situation though.
Atleast you got the truck you were looking for? :)

Penguin_Racecar
06-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by DEATH2000
Tell em to fuck right off not take delivery of the truck. I sure as hell would.

He already did take delivery of the truck though.

S13ontap
06-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Lol I"m not knocking JB Weld. I love that shit... More than I Should. I've done things no man should do with JB weld....

Unknown303
06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by S13ontap
Lol I"m not knocking JB Weld. I love that shit... More than I Should. I've done things no man should do with JB weld....

Like JB weld a mouse to a bird and then set them free?

S13ontap
06-08-2012, 10:04 PM
hahahahahaha! that just made my day. I no longer care about the screws....

Unknown303
06-08-2012, 10:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/OAZAx.jpg