PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao vs Bradley

jampack
06-09-2012, 06:17 PM
So, another boxing match tonight. Any thoughts about this fight?

makulitz
06-09-2012, 06:26 PM
pacquiao all the way! :clap:

jampack
06-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Absolutely controversial fight..

Team_Mclaren
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
How the fuck??? and I'm not even a Manny fan... but how the fuck did that happen

J.M.
:nut:

phreezee
Worst decision I've ever seen. Can't argue with compubox when the margin is that big :banghead: :thumbsdow :barf:

jampack
06-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
How the fuck??? and I'm not even a Manny fan... but how the fuck did that happen

Damn right. Bradley knows he lost - very obvious on his interview. Oh well.. That's boxing right there.

LongCity
06-09-2012, 11:32 PM
If tied rounds could be awarded, Bradley would have maybe 2 and that's being generous. Those judges not only fucked over Manny but they fucked over Bradley by giving him a title he knows shouldn't be his. He didn't even really know what to say in his interview. This also further fucks up any possibility of a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight since Floyd has more "grounds" to make retarded PPV splits.

nj2Type-S
06-09-2012, 11:47 PM
worst. decision. ever.

1-Bar
06-09-2012, 11:57 PM
Haha rematch date set post fight interview. Okay Nov.10 seems like a good date.

LongCity
06-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Yah but no one really wants to see a rematch, do they? This wasn't even close. Judges need their license revoked. Even the 115-113 for Manny was stupid.

makulitz
06-10-2012, 12:05 AM
bob arum is the sh*t.. making money out of manny!

t_soarer
06-10-2012, 12:48 AM
....Manny won, no question

r3ccOs
06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
this pretty much has thrown Boxing's credibility back to the stone ages...
this wasn't a fix, but the judges were

2.2vtec
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM
Shouldn't there be some sort of regulatory commitee that over sees the judges decsions? I washed this fight and without looking at the dominating stats in favour of Manny he domintated the fight.

I over heard someone in Schanks saying Mayweather paid the judges :nut:

rob the knob
06-10-2012, 09:35 PM
this is boxing. nothing new.

only on this board manny fans many because.

sorry guys. finally had chance to watch whole fight. for sure now race to bottom for boxing.

bubbley
06-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Apparently Pacman wants out of TopRank, Arum had the fix in. Pacman can now leave Top Rank and sign with Golden Boy or whomever but now Top Rank currently has an undefeated fighter with the belt.

:thumbsdow

LongCity
06-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob
this is boxing. nothing new.

only on this board manny fans many because. race. its ok.

Nothing new? Nothing new with lesser fights but at this level and at how lopsided Pacquiao's real victory was? No.

And what are you even trying to say in your second comment?

Originally posted by bubbley
Apparently Pacman wants out of TopRank, Arum had the fix in. Pacman can now leave Top Rank and sign with Golden Boy or whomever but now Top Rank currently has an undefeated fighter with the belt.

:thumbsdow

Can he promote himself? The money won't be the same, obviously, but this way there's less people fucking around.

Adachi
06-11-2012, 08:25 AM
No doubt Pacman won.
There were a few close rounds but overall Pacman won 7-5 for sure and that's being generous to Bradley.

And just read that Bob Arum is calling for an investigation :dunno:

sputnik
06-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by bubbley
Pacman can now leave Top Rank and sign with Golden Boy

On an unrelated note... as a Winnipegger I hate that De La Hoya uses the nickname "Golden Boy".

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/498967-manny-pacquiao-headlines-top-10-best-and-worst-reused-boxing-nicknames/page/2

LongCity
06-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Adachi
No doubt Pacman won.
There were a few close rounds but overall Pacman won 7-5 for sure and that's being generous to Bradley.

And just read that Bob Arum is calling for an investigation :dunno:
7-5 is way too generous. 10-2 is generous haha.

spikerS
06-11-2012, 06:41 PM
i never got to see the fight, but I have yet to see one twitter or FB posting to back up the results of the fight or defend Bradley.

taemo
06-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Pacquiao definitely dominated on the first 7-8 rounds but the last 3, especially 11 and 12, showed that if Bradley fought with a more defensive/counter style from the beginning, the scoring may have been a little different.

Pacquiao is a brawler but it wont stand a chance against Mayweather

lasimmon
06-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I heard they are reviewing the fight? Anyone know about that?

ajooo
06-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
I heard they are reviewing the fight? Anyone know about that?

just saw this today.

http://www.tsn.ca/boxing/story/?id=398301

LongCity
06-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Apparently his fake Facebook account states that he will be returning the belt haha

nj2Type-S
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
^lol yeah....that gave me a good chuckle.

LongCity
06-14-2012, 12:03 PM
He should have done that in the first place. Now, the more he tells people that he was "controlling" the fight, the more people will hate him and not want to see him fight. He's just making it worse but hopefully the review makes a difference and those judges lose their licenses.

jampack
06-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Here it is:

Originally posted in Yahoo! Sports
WBO concludes Manny Pacquiao topped Timothy Bradley, but Bob Arum still wants investigation

Five independent judges hired by the World Boxing Organization became the latest to conclude that Manny Pacquiao defeated Timothy Bradley when they fought for the welterweight title on June 9 in Las Vegas.

WBO president Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel announced on June 13 he would have a panel of what he called "five international judges" review the scoring of the highly controversial bout. Bradley won a split decision and ended Pacquiao's seven-year winning streak in a result that outraged the sporting world. Even Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said he thought Pacquiao won the fight.

Judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross each scored the bout 115-113 for Bradley, while Jerry Roth saw it 115-113 for Pacquiao. Ford, ironically, is a longtime close friend of Reid's.

The outrage at the call was so great that less than 24 hours after the bout concluded, Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told Yahoo! Sports he would ask Nevada attorney general Catherine Cortez Masto to investigate the fight. Cortez Masto's office would not confirm nor deny whether an investigation is ongoing, but Arum told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday that Cortez Masto's chief investigator and the deputy spoke to him in his Las Vegas office.

"I told them they need to interrogate me, they need to interrogate Todd [duBoef, the Top Rank president] and all the people in my office," Arum said. "They have to ask hard questions."

Arum wants the investigation because the public and many boxing web sites have accused him of fixing the fight and having a hand in the judging. Ford told Yahoo! Sports on June 10 that he scored the fight as he saw it and said he felt Bradley gave Pacquiao "a boxing lesson" in the second half of the fight.

The WBO gave Manny Pacquiao a championship ring June 6 (WBO)Valcarcel would not identify the five judges he had review the tape of the fight, but said they were well known, respected officials. He said all five scored it for Pacquiao. One of the judges had it 118-110, or 10 rounds to two. Two of them had it 117-111 (the same that Yahoo! Sports scored it on fight night), one had it 116-112 and the other had it as Roth did, 115-113.

Valcarcel kept a promise not to strip Bradley of the belt. He ordered a rematch, but there was a rematch clause in the contract and Pacquiao has said he wants to exercise it. Pacquiao will fight again on Nov. 10, whether it is against Bradley or someone else, Arum said.

Upon hearing the news of the WBO's reviews, Pacquiao told reporters in the Philippines he was pleased and that he would defeat Bradley in a rematch to regain the title.

My supporters shouldn't worry. We're going to get that title.

Timothy Bradley won a questionable decision over Manny Pacquiao (Chris Farina/Top Rank)Arum, though, said he wouldn't agree to a rematch until he spoke with Pacquiao and explained the ramifications. He said he would ultimately honor Pacquiao's wishes, but said he thinks the attorney general needs to complete her investigation and show that there was no wrongdoing.

"Obviously, he's the boss, he's the fighter, and to the extent possible, I'll do what he says," Arum said. "Otherwise, I wouldn't have his loyalty. I have to talk to him, though, and make certain he understands all the ramifications and if he is aware of what the public's perception is. I would have to have, if I were going to do a rematch, an investigation, which is ongoing with the attorney general's office, to clarify the situation.

"If it was simply the incompetence of the judges and a simple mistake, period, which is what you and I suspect, and they determine there is no wrongdoing, that's easy to remedy. All we do is have a rematch with different judges. Absent that, given all this suspicion, no matter how unwarranted, it would be hard to do a rematch. Half of these websites are saying that the promoter is the one who did this and that I talked to these judges. I had nothing whatsoever to do with picking them and never talked to them."

Arum said if he didn't make a rematch for Pacquiao with Bradley, he'd instead pair him for a fourth fight against Juan Manuel Marquez. He also said he is open to a Nov. 10 fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is currently serving an 87-day jail sentence at the Clark County, Nev., Detention Center, "if we could work that out."

But Arum said the biggest issue is the need for the Nevada Athletic Commission to pick judges from around the country and around the world for major fights, not just from Nevada.

He said he felt that age was impacting the performance of both Roth, 71, and Ford, 74. Arum is 81.

"Of course age is a factor in performance and Exhibit A is myself," he said. "I know that at my age, I can't concentrate as well as I did when I was younger. Watching a fight, 12-round fight, and concentrating over three minutes for 12 rounds really is an exhausting experience, if you're really looking to do it right.

"I don't think any people past a certain age are able to do that, and I mean nothing against them. I'm not able to do that. I know boxing, but if someone said, 'OK Bob, you sit here and judge the fight,' I couldn't trust myself to concentrate that hard for that long."

Source: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/wbo-concludes-manny-pacquiao-topped-timothy-bradley-promoter-044257957--box.html

I just like how Pacman is dealing with this. :D

ajooo
06-21-2012, 09:21 AM
^^

great news, glad to see WBO supports the true winner.

Pac has probably 1-3 fights left in him. I'd rather scrap the rematch if they could work out a fight between him and mayweather, if not, screw the marquez fight and do the rematch

Adachi
06-21-2012, 09:49 AM
So it's still considered a loss on pacman's record though right?

dandia89
06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Adachi
So it's still considered a loss on pacman's record though right?
yeah. i think at the very least they should no contest it and do a rematch. but in the end i don't think they are allowed to reverse a decision

chathamf
06-21-2012, 06:45 PM
I finally got a chance to watch the replay yesterday, and up until the last couple rounds I can't see how they could give anything to Bradley. It was without a doubt the worst decision I have ever seen, and I have seen some pretty awful decisions between boxing and the UFC. I'm hoping Pacman comes back in November, and just goes hard after Bradley from the get go. He seemed to take the first minute or so of each round off, and next time I think he will go hard from bell to bell and just tear him apart.

Ideally after that let's see him and Mayweather go at it. Hopefully he beats Mayweather and just retires.