xolemonteaox
06-11-2012, 03:13 PM
A Wish Cake & Café

901 6 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2P 3E5
(403) 699-8839

Food Rating: 7.5/10
Ambience: 8/10
Service: 9/10

A Wish Cake & Café is so close to work that I MUST try it.

Raspberry Mousse Cake
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6479/p1000188d.jpg
Had this for Mother’s Day and my family and family friends loved it! It wasn’t too sweet, it was fluffy and moist. Unfortunately, I decided to take the bus home that day, so the layer of cake was a little wet from the one hour bus ride home…but that wasn’t the café’s fault. The cake portion had a very eggy taste. It tasted like those chinese yellow egg cakes. Overall, we really liked this cake, everybody had seconds and thirds. Highly recommended!

Tiramisu
Bought a slice of Tiramisu to try as well. It was rich, but it was a little on the sour side. Not the best one I’ve had, but definitely not the worse.

Green Tea Mousse Cake
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/209/birthdaycakec.jpg
My brother loves green tea, so decided to try this one for his birthday. Unfortunately it wasn’t that good. The green tea was really strong. It had the fishy green tea taste to it. Should have saw it coming with green tea cakes…I would definitely pass on this one. However, this time the layer of cake wasn't wet. The cake was moist and soft.

Finally tried their bubble tea last week, ordered the mango lychee slush with pearls. It was made with syrup so it was a little too sweet (too much syrup). The pearls were a little frozen from the slush. It did satisfy my bubble tea craving though and definitely better than Destination. Their bubble tea selection is very limited and they have maybe a handful of fresh fruit juice (haven’t tried yet). Although I was quite shocked that they do not have watermelon on their list of fresh fruit juice. Considering that is one of the easiest drinks to make, quickest too!!

I really like their uniforms; it gives it a little taste of Hong Kong. They are very tidy and nice. The employees there are very nice, friendly and helpful.

I got the 15% off VIP card when they first opened at the beginning of May, so the cakes were around ~$28 with tax and tip. The drinks were ~$4 after the discount.

Neil4Speed
06-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I thought the Bubble Tea at this place was some of the best I have had. Good little spot on the west side.

1barA4
06-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Nice I should check it out next week (my mom lives in that building)

xolemonteaox
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Definitely worth trying!

My coworker have been going almost every day! Her favorite is the mango coconut with pearls.