PDA

View Full Version : FIDO switching to contract!

ApexDrift
02-05-2004, 12:52 PM
starting on FEB 27 fido will introduce contracts into thier system due to bad residuals... for example customers will have a choice to go on a Month To Month contract (minimum 3 months) or on a 2 year contract, no one year contract pricing on the phone will change as well, for example the seimens POS m55 right now is $75, on FEB 27 on a MTM the phone will cost $150, on a 2 year contract it will cost $50.....

oh man Microcell is fwaked!

roopi
02-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Ummm your numbers are off.

All the information regarding this will be released on Feb. 17th.

It will actually be good for Fido since some people would rather sign a contract if they get the phone for practically free. Yet the option is still there to go month-to-month and pay a few more dollars for the phone.

I really hope this helps Fido out and they start doing a little better. This should reduce churning as well so that is a definate advantage for Fido.

el_fefes
02-05-2004, 01:31 PM
churning?:dunno: also don't they have some crazy plan that u get unlimited time, i think it's in bc or something or is it available here?

ApexDrift
02-05-2004, 02:12 PM
no man i saw the memo... 27... no doubt it will stop churn cuz thier losing all there customers in 3 months...

Originally posted by roopi
It will actually be good for Fido since some people would rather sign a contract if they get the phone for practically free.

you want a free phone? i can give you a free phone based on a 2 or 3 year contract...the only thing you pay for is activation fee... with fido you pay for the sim card so in the end it works out...

but fidos service really blows im using one right now jsut to try it out... and it cuts out alot!

roopi
02-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes
churning?:dunno: also don't they have some crazy plan that u get unlimited time, i think it's in bc or something or is it available here?

Yeah it's called CityFido where you can use your house number for your cell line. Started in Vancover and they will be launching in Toronto soon.

Churning is you sign up for a contract whether 3 months or 2 years and then when it ends you cancel the plan and just sign up a new account so you get a subsidized phone again.

Originally posted by ApexDrift
no man i saw the memo... 27... no doubt it will stop churn cuz thier losing all there customers in 3 months...

you want a free phone? i can give you a free phone based on a 2 or 3 year contract...the only thing you pay for is activation fee... with fido you pay for the sim card so in the end it works out...

but fidos service really blows im using one right now jsut to try it out... and it cuts out alot!

LOL. So you do you work for? Rogers? I never said that the 27th was the wrong date. That is when it goes into effect however all the details will be released on the 17th.

Fido has excellent GSM coverage within citys from my experience. Rogers can't even come close IMO.

szw
02-05-2004, 03:32 PM
The fido sim is included with the price of the phone.

ApexDrift
02-05-2004, 03:58 PM

Churning is you sign up for a contract whether 3 months or 2 years and then when it ends you cancel the plan and just sign up a new account so you get a subsidized phone again.

LOL. So you do you work for? Rogers? I never said that the 27th was the wrong date. That is when it goes into effect however all the details will be released on the 17th.

oops sorry my bad i thought you said 17 was when its gunna start my bad... but if you cancel then sign up to get another subsidized phone again, wouldnt microcell me losing money?... cuz i really dont understand how they can make a profit in jsut 3 months...

no i worked for rogers and they really blow, working for fido was alright but the money was slow, bell was a cult!... telus mobility so far is the best so far!

roopi
02-05-2004, 06:12 PM

oops sorry my bad i thought you said 17 was when its gunna start my bad... but if you cancel then sign up to get another subsidized phone again, wouldnt microcell me losing money?... cuz i really dont understand how they can make a profit in jsut 3 months...

Yes Fido does lose alot of money due to churning but I think this might help solve that. The only problem is that the fact they only had a 3 month term was there big advantage over others. Also they have per second billing but I've heard rumors that might be gone as well. I don't know how much truth is to that though.

3G
02-05-2004, 06:17 PM

I got my phone + SIM card for 5bucks.

Fido has excellent GSM coverage within citys from my experience. Rogers can't even come close IMO.

:werd: My phones NEVER cut out

t3rry
02-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by el_fefes

thye do have a fido to fido thing here, i am switchign to them just for that, i have been stuck with rogers for a while and have had nothing but problems

xkon
02-06-2004, 12:11 AM
i use fido and mostly rogers, but recently now telus... they all work ok in town, i wish fido the best... they're like the rebel carrier!

roopi
02-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by t3rry

thye do have a fido to fido thing here, i am switchign to them just for that, i have been stuck with rogers for a while and have had nothing but problems

Fido to Fido and City Fido are 2 different things.

Fido to Fido is unlimited between Fido customers. City Fido is unlimited.

t3rry
02-06-2004, 08:51 AM
i realise that, but i like to fido to fido because basiclly call my wife and i use our phones for is to call each other and we have no landline.

kaput
02-07-2004, 02:52 PM