PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Mp3 player!!!

GingeRRRBeef
02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
woo hoo!! this finally came in the mail today!!!!

I bought it from these guys (http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=mpifl100256&store=&catid=4354)

GingeRRRBeef
02-05-2004, 02:18 PM
it's mad small!

bigboom
02-05-2004, 03:03 PM
just curious what made you decide to go with a flash based mp3 player instead of waiting for the iPod mini?

currently im debating between the same one you got and the iPod mini and im not sure which to go with.

GingeRRRBeef
02-05-2004, 03:12 PM
i'm anti-apple because they're crackheads!!!! :D

Seriously? This player had pretty decent features

it takes external flash cards
FM receiver
it's small

i don't know if apple resolved the shitty internal battery issue so yeah. Plus, it was $260 Cdn.

gpomp
02-05-2004, 03:58 PM
What's the point of this thread? Here's mine...

R-Audi
02-05-2004, 04:00 PM
What are the specs of yours Gpomp? The video looks pretty good!

gpomp
02-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
i'm anti-apple because they're crackheads!!!! :D

Seriously? This player had pretty decent features

it takes external flash cards
FM receiver
it's small

i don't know if apple resolved the shitty internal battery issue so yeah. Plus, it was $260 Cdn.
Future Shop sells them for $250+tax. A while back they were on sale for $200.

GingeRRRBeef
02-05-2004, 06:26 PM
futureshop is selling it for 249.99 but they don't sell the 256MB model in stores

It started at 300 bux but they lowered it to 250. I've been check futureshop regularly. So I don't know where you got 200 bux from?

I bought it online and it came out to 260 with tax and shipping included so in the end I saved like 7 bux. Also, when I ordered it online, this model was out of stock online at futureshop.com

I checked out yours when I was browsing around. It's pretty sweet but I said to myself ... yeah I can get it ... but am I really going to watch videos on a doinky lil video screen? I bought it for to listen to music, not for music videos.

I simply posted this thread to show ppl what I got because I think it's a good product and subsequently recommending it for others to purchase. So, from what I just said, that is the point of my thread.

If you feel like you have to be an ass and try and one up me, go ahead.

gpomp
02-05-2004, 07:14 PM
I was playing with ninspeed's mp3 player during xmas time, same one as yours I'm pretty sure, I think he said he got it for $200 from FS but I might be wrong :dunno:. I bought this RCA cuz I fly back across the country all the time so I got my own movies to watch. :thumbsup:

GingeRRRBeef
02-05-2004, 07:31 PM
maybe it was the 128 MB model? Cause that one was selling it at 200 for a while but I think it's at 175 now. Well, if you do long trips, that's definitely a reason for your player. That be kinda hype to watch movies on the plane and stuff. But like I said, for me, I just want music :D

ninspeed
02-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
maybe it was the 128 MB model? Cause that one was selling it at 200 for a while but I think it's at 175 now. Well, if you do long trips, that's definitely a reason for your player. That be kinda hype to watch movies on the plane and stuff. But like I said, for me, I just want music :D
i got the 128mb model back in july... buying a 512mb card soon when i get off my ass and go to future shop to buy one (its to far away :D).. i love it... ditched the shitty headphones and bought some sony mdr-q25's for about 30$...

GingeRRRBeef
02-06-2004, 04:26 AM
hey according to the product specs, the FL-100 model only supports up to 256 MB of external memory. Just to let ya know :D

The 'stock' headphones are freaking brutal. I'm already using aftermarket parts :bigpimp: