PDA

View Full Version : interview with Nexen?

lindaL
06-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Hi everyone, I had an interview for an engineering co-op position with Nexen this Monday. The position starts in September.

I am just wondering if anyone knows that how long the hiring process for Nexen takes.

Its Saturday today, for 5 days I haven't heard anything back yet. Does that mean I don't get the job?
Should I call them back? Any advice please...

lasimmon
06-16-2012, 07:43 AM
Could take weeks to hear back

chkolny541
06-16-2012, 11:31 AM
its always best when you leave to ask when you can expect to hear something back. I hope you didnt forget to send your 'thank you for the opportunity, etc' email :whipped: :whipped: Then in the email you can casually ask when you expect a decision to be made :dunno:

lasimmon
06-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by chkolny541
its always best when you leave to ask when you can expect to hear something back. I hope you didnt forget to send your 'thank you for the opportunity, etc' email :whipped: :whipped: Then in the email you can casually ask when you expect a decision to be made :dunno:

Not required to send a follow up. Likely not even read.

buh_buh
06-16-2012, 12:09 PM
I always send a follow up. And they almost always reply. Even if they don't, what's 5 minutes out of your day to show your gratitude and you actually care about the job?

lint
06-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon
Not required to send a follow up. Likely not even read.

you'd be surprised. little things matter

swak
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by lint

you'd be surprised. little things matter

THIS.

I've always sent a follow-up, not always gets replied to (doesn't need to be) - but ive often had offers of employment, follow up meeting etc. sent as a Reply from that follow up email... Proving it has been at least acknowledged.

Marsh
06-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Nexen usually doesnt take longer than 2 weeks to get back to interviewees. Be patient they'll get back to you

lindaL
06-16-2012, 04:06 PM
:drool:
Thank u guys so much for replying.
I sent the thank you note already but I didn't ask how long its gonna take for them to make decision:(
I don't want them to feel that I'm pushing,
so if there's still no response from them the following Monday, should I call back then?? Or wait for another week ??
And does anyone know that if I'm not chosen, will they notified me as well?
If I am gonna call them, should I call the HR person or my interviewer?? I never met my recruiter in person, it was the manager interviewing me.

btw I was the first one they interviewed, not sure how many people they are interviewing with

chkolny541
06-16-2012, 04:11 PM
thats a tough call, I would personally wait maybe another week, then call HR and ask about the process and when they may figure out things. But its really all up to you, there's no set formula for this sorta thing.

Do you perhaps know if they are hiring just one person for this position right now, or are they hiring quite a few? if its just 1 position then they will likely have much fewer applicants and the process will go much faster then if they are hiring many applicants at once.

Good luck in any case.

lindaL
06-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you very much, I think they are only hiring one for this position,...maybe I'll call them back tomorrow.

-relk-
06-18-2012, 02:49 PM
I know they take forever to get back to you with their summer student positions, but I am not sure with coops :dunno:

I would guess a couple weeks?

l/l/rX
06-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Nexen takes FOREVER to get back. Be patient. You've sent a thank you, just sit back and keep on applying to other places :) I'm a consultant there and even for me it took ages. 3 weeks ish. haha.