PDA

View Full Version : Which of these destinations do you recommend?

eblend
06-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Hey guys,

I got a bunch of Asia miles that expire in 1 year exactly, and I want to take a trip somewhere of the destinations available out of Calgary.

What would one recommend, all of these are in the USA

Bellingham
BOise
Boston
Chicago
dallas
Great Falls
Helena
Houston
Idaho Falls
Kalispell
Klamath falls
Lewiston
Londong
los angeles
Medford
Missoula
North bend
Orlando
Pasco
Pendleton
Pocatello
Port Angeles
Portlannd
Pullman
redmond
Sacramenton
San Francisco
Seatlle
Spokane
Sun Valley
walla Walla
Wenatchee
Yakima

project240
06-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Are you going by yourself? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Kids? With your mother?

Recommendations are going to vary based on your situation.

eblend
06-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Sorry, just me and my wife, both under 30

flipstah
06-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Orlando is my top then Chicago for young couples. It's also some of the trips worth taking in your list. Boston is another one.

VWEvo
06-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Orlando is my top then Chicago for young couples. It's also some of the trips worth taking in your list. Boston is another one.

I've been to all 3, so I agree with this post. All are killer. I would highly recommend the Segway tour of either Boston or
Chicago, super fun.

D'z Nutz
06-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Of that list, Chicago is #1 for me, Boston #2, then maybe Dallas (i've been to none of these, but plan to see them eventually). Orlando was the last vacation I took and I think I spent too long there and not enough in Miami. Orlando was kinda boring to me.

Seattle's one of my most favorite places to go in the US, but I don't know if I'd waste any credits you might have on somewhere so close to here (and relatively cheap to get to).

tch7
06-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Can't comment on the eastern places, but of the places in the Western US, San Francisco is the best of the bunch.

flipstah
06-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
Of that list, Chicago is #1 for me, Boston #2, then maybe Dallas (i've been to none of these, but plan to see them eventually). Orlando was the last vacation I took and I think I spent too long there and not enough in Miami. Orlando was kinda boring to me.

HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE FUN AT HARRY POTTER LAND?! :banghead:

D'z Nutz
06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by flipstah

HOW DARE YOU NOT HAVE FUN AT HARRY POTTER LAND?! :banghead:

Man, that was the only fun thing in Orlando! And I'm including the rest of Universal!

flipstah
06-17-2012, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Man, that was the only fun thing in Orlando! And I'm including the rest of Universal!

I heard Orland was awesome! Le sad. :(

Marsh
06-17-2012, 09:22 PM
IMO Orlando is quite boring, other than disneyworld/universal.

If I were in your shoes I would check out either Boston, Chicago, LA or San Fran on that list

msommers
06-17-2012, 10:01 PM
What are the big attractions in Chicago and Boston to make them so recommended here?

flipstah
06-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by msommers
What are the big attractions in Chicago and Boston to make them so recommended here?

For me, I'd love to see the architecture; visit the Michael Jordan statue; deep dish pizza.

Boston and Chicago are also the farthest from Calgary so it's the most bang for your points. :thumbsup:

eblend
06-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Cool.

Thanks guys. I have been to San Fran (wouldn't mind going back) and Seattle (my fave place in the states so far..). I have enough points for 2 people to San Fran, and two trips for 2 people to Seattle, which I would go to, but not within a span of 1 year.

Boston seems a little far, and chicago does sound pretty good, but I am just shy of having enough points to fly to Chicago for 2 people. Might see how I can get some extra points and might go to Chicago instead. It's weird, a roundtrip to Chicago costs 2/3rd of a flight to London or Germany, which I would love to use, but I don't really want to go by myself, at least not this year.

Afrodeziak
06-18-2012, 10:17 AM
My picks in no particular order.

Boston
Chicago
los angeles
Orlando
Portlannd
San Francisco
Seattle

eblend
06-18-2012, 10:31 AM
Anyone ever use asiamiles to redeem flights? Anyknow know the actual process. Reading on their site, it seems all so complicated.