PDA

View Full Version : Foam insulation

riceboi
06-18-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to replace fiberglass insulation with foam insulation for one of the walls in the basement. Do you guys know who does foam insulation in Calgary. Can you recommend one for me? Also if I want to run wires later (basement not developed now) can I still do this with the foam installed? THanks

90accord
06-18-2012, 02:56 PM
There is tons of guys doing spray foam I can't remember the guys I see all the time on the jobsites. You can run wires after the fact but it is a royal pain to do, if you can do it first it is way better!

cet
06-19-2012, 06:52 AM
I had Beyond Foam do mine.

For running wires it depends on whether or not you have studs up already or not. Actually, even if you do have some framing up in the basement - since it's only one wall I would recomend you take it down and re-frame after they have put up the foam. You can run wires after the foam is up but it would be a HUGE pain in the ass.

Just curious, why only one wall?

freshprince1
06-19-2012, 11:24 AM
I worked for Ener-Spray before, they're not cheap but will definitely do the best job.

You can run wires afterwards by just digging out the foam where you need to put the wires. You'll need to re-seal the dug-out portions.

eblend
06-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Just so you know, that shit is EXPENSIVE. Would definatelly wire stuff before foaming as well. I had a quote done for my garage roof....think it was like 4 grand or something, vs $300 in insulation