PDA

View Full Version : Testing out my car cam (YouTube link)

Vagabond142
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Well, I grabbed two of the better idiots on the drive home today, threw together a video just to test to see how it looks on Youtube. I plan on making a weekly or, if it's a slow month, biweekly series of clips showing idiots on the road.

And yes, I do talk to myself that much while driving XD

Lemme know what you think!

m8nC5SOtNlQ

For those wondering, it's a Panasonic HMTA20 with a "custom" mount, namely a piece of styrofoam with a groove cut in it on top of my instrument binnacle and nerf dart stuck to the inside of my windscreen at the top to keep the camera wedged against said windscreen.

Vagabond142
06-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I think you have a dinky sounding horn. Need to get man sounding horn.

It's a 1990 Civic :( :cry:

dj_rice
06-18-2012, 08:54 PM
I think you have a dinky sounding horn. Need to get man sounding horn.

AE92_TreunoSC
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Civics are invisible in Calgary. Everytime I drive my g/fs I feel 2 inches tall. No prowess on the road at all.

dj_rice
06-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Something is messed up with the threads today. The posts aren't posted in the right orders.

ramminghard
06-19-2012, 11:07 AM
The reason that area where the Xterra cut you off is always such a mess is because impatient assholes like you try to skip the traffic exiting onto Glenmore east from Crowchild.

Sentry
06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
ywt86cM1rP0

I've equipped my car to deal with driving in Calgary.

Could still use a flamethrower or caravan-seeking missile launcher though.

Vagabond142
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by ramminghard
The reason that area where the Xterra cut you off is always such a mess is because impatient assholes like you try to skip the traffic exiting onto Glenmore east from Crowchild.

So I'm an asshole for going with the speed and flow of traffic at that point in time? Your logic befuddles me

ramminghard
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Vagabond142

So I'm an asshole for going with the speed and flow of traffic at that point in time? Your logic befuddles me If you watch the video you were obviously moving faster than the flow of the two right lanes and would have had to decelerate to change lanes into that space so you were going faster than the flow of traffic. The only reason that you would be in the far left lane in the first place is to try to advance in traffic prior to the exit to Glenmore so you were not going with the flow of traffic. The "flow" of the traffic in your lane was going to Glenmore west or Lakeview.

Chester
06-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Can you take a pic of how you have the cam mounted?

Vagabond142
06-20-2012, 04:22 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk13/Vagabond142/IMAG0021.jpg

There is a Styrofoam base that wedges between the binnacle and the front of the dash, and the sucker holds the top tight to the windscreen

Crazyjoker77
06-20-2012, 05:57 PM
why not buy a real dashcam? they are so cheap now that the memory cards cost more than they do. They will be auto/loop recording and have a better picture than your phone especially at night plus the benefit of not wasting you phones battery...

they really are worth the money and wont look ghetto like your install.

(although props for finding a use for a nerf dart)

Vagabond142
06-20-2012, 06:24 PM
That's npt a phone. That's a pocket camcorder. My phone took the picture of the setup and is also my streaming radio during driving :D

And those "real dashcams" are so cheap because they only do 6-10 minute loops and capture at 480p or less. This cam can capture 1080p if I wanted to set it that high, and does 30 minutes at a pop

Zero102
08-10-2012, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ramminghard
If you watch the video you were obviously moving faster than the flow of the two right lanes and would have had to decelerate to change lanes into that space so you were going faster than the flow of traffic. The only reason that you would be in the far left lane in the first place is to try to advance in traffic prior to the exit to Glenmore so you were not going with the flow of traffic. The "flow" of the traffic in your lane was going to Glenmore west or Lakeview.

Werd, I never give anybody doing this shit even the least bit of courtesy. Anybody in that lane trying to get ahead knows exactly what they are doing.

89s1
09-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Zero102

Werd, I never give anybody doing this shit even the least bit of courtesy.

And nor should you. They are rolling the dice hoping for an opening... if there isn't one they should miss their exit. If they can get in without making someone hammer the brakes then excellent.