PDA

View Full Version : 300zx gas cap got jacked

shin0bi
06-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Within the last few days, someone broke open my filler flap, and siphoned all the gas out of my tank, which is a pretty dick move in itself, but to add insult to injury, they made off with my gas cap as well.

None of the local pick-a-parts seem to have any Z32s in stock, (ever). I checked eBay, and an $8 part is going to cost like 30-40 bucks to ship, which I'm not really stoked on...

Does anyone here have any idea where I could get a 300X gas cap (in Calgary ideally) that is will cost me less than 50 bucks altogether? Is it possible to find aftermarket parts like this?

Thanks for the help.

msommers
06-18-2012, 10:56 PM
How much was it at the dealer?

shin0bi
06-18-2012, 11:01 PM
I literally just noticed at 10:30pm... alas, the dealership is now closed. I'll be phoning them tomorrow a.m. for sure, however, I'm not overly optimistic. Based on past experience, it'll cost a small fortune and I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get the part in stock.

I figured I'd jump on here, and check eBay and Kijiji to see what my other options are.

shin0bi
06-19-2012, 09:15 AM
**UPDATE**

Nissan dealership didn't have one. Go figure.

NAPA Autoparts had them though, in regular, and locking form. I will be getting the locking version so from now on, my gasoline is off limits to theives and A-holes.

Stay classy, Beyond.

canadian booster
06-19-2012, 09:21 AM
NAPA has a locking one for a z32? score, i'm getting one as well then, thanks for the tip!

toastgremlin
06-19-2012, 10:15 AM
It's probably just a generic, isn't it?

I guess we'll be back to the good old days of every car coming with a locking gas cap soon. Who the hell siphons all the gas? I'd think it'd be better to leave a little so they don't notice.

btimbit
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah it'll probably be a universal one, but it'll work fine.

Siphoning gas.... If you're that tight for gas money, get on the bus.

Edit; Unless they're selling it for drugs, like the crackheads that steal steaks from co-op to trade to their dealers

canadian booster
06-20-2012, 02:06 PM
I had someone swipe my debit card info years ago, I had $48 in my account and they took it, like wtf, rob someone with more than $48 to their name geez, a-holes
/threadjack
;)

clem24
06-20-2012, 02:12 PM
I've got to ask.. Where did this happen?

shin0bi
06-21-2012, 04:04 PM
Right in front of my house. And, I had the car covered too. I sh!t you not.

revelations
06-21-2012, 04:49 PM
what part of the city he means

CHICHARITZHI
06-21-2012, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by shin0bi
Within the last few days, someone broke open my filler flap, and siphoned all the gas out of my tank, which is a pretty dick move in itself, but to add insult to injury, they made off with my gas cap as well.

None of the local pick-a-parts seem to have any Z32s in stock, (ever). I checked eBay, and an $8 part is going to cost like 30-40 bucks to ship, which I'm not really stoked on...

Does anyone here have any idea where I could get a 300X gas cap (in Calgary ideally) that is will cost me less than 50 bucks altogether? Is it possible to find aftermarket parts like this?

Thanks for the help.

Do not use generic gas cap ,it cause noise from the gas cap.

Z32 parts check this out>http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=68&products_id=3125

Evolution17
06-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Same shit happened to me today...
Car was parked at work and when i got home i noticed that the gas cap door was crooked.

Took a closer look and there's 2 huge scratched from a screwdriver trying to pry it open.

At lease they didn't break too much....

Im in the north west btw, and the car was parked in the buildings by deerfoot mall/walmart