PDA

View Full Version : Heads up: (non-alcohol) checkstop on Country Hills by Panorama

Isaiah
06-20-2012, 10:24 AM
About 20 cruisers + noise snare eastbound CHB across from home depot. Pictures to follow. Govern yourselves accordingly.

EDIT: Updated with pics

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102841AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102838AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102235AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102223AM-1.jpg

Skyline_Addict
06-20-2012, 10:26 AM
yeah. i saw this too. they had a sign next to the area that said "driver awareness program" or something like that. they seemed to have some people pulled over but no one in my pack of traffic got pulled over.

shadowz
06-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Is this the same one for individuals with carseats not properly installed? A friend of mine got a hefty fine for this

Mar
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
They had the bus on Mcknight last night too. About 10:15.

Skyline_Addict
06-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by shadowz
Is this the same one for individuals with carseats not properly installed? A friend of mine got a hefty fine for this

yeah. it seems they are looking out for things like tinted windows, excessive sound, distracted driving, seat belts, etc. didn't see anyone pointing laser/radar, so it's not technically a speed trap...

wardpr68
06-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Wow.... good to see our tax dollars going to a wonderful cause.

TE4MFaint
06-21-2012, 11:14 PM
Had a big one down here in Medicine Hat this week for 2 days.
Basically pulled absolutely every vehicle over and inspected the vehicle and fined them accordingly.

Everything from window tint, mufflers, tinted tails, basically anything modified. Some big fines were handed out.

88CRX
06-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Face. Palm.

Kijho
06-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Shit what time was this at?
I've only ever seen ONE checkstop in my past 3 years driving.
Alcohol one though, Country Hills just before the intersection with the red light / speed camera.

Rolled up, officer was on the wrong side of the car, he walks around front asks if I had been drinking - told him no was coming home from gf's (around midnight) and he told me to have a safe evening.

Was a nice guy.

Dunno how they would like my headlights from the sounds of this type of checkstop though....... :dunno: :dunno: :whocares:

revelations
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by wardpr68
Wow.... good to see our tax dollars going to a wonderful cause.

And then people complain about how the CPS do "Fuck All" about the bad/drunk/stoned/unsafe drivers/vehicles in the city.

:facepalm:

(when cops do something good, no one notices)

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Checking peoples car for tint, exhaust, and whether their child seats are in place.... is not making our roads safer.

They want to make our roads safer? Crack down on all the fucking "registries" that are giving out liceneses to people without actually testing them.

Crack down on the people going 20 under in the left lane on crowchild.

Try actually using your police cruiser... to.... are you ready? FUCKING CRUISE!

This is not doing jack shit for road safety.

Canmorite
06-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Checking peoples car for tint, exhaust, and whether their child seats are in place.... is not making our roads safer.

My neighbour is ex-RCMP and he lectures me on how unsafe my tint is :rofl:

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Canmorite

My neighbour is ex-RCMP and he lectures me on how unsafe my tint is :rofl:

Unsafe for him maybe. But I could really give a crap. If I am ever pulled over the first thing I do is roll down all my windows, therefore there is no danger to the officer.

Mar
06-22-2012, 11:03 AM

They want to make our roads safer? Crack down on all the fucking "registries" that are giving out liceneses to people without actually testing them.

Crack down on the people going 20 under in the left lane on crowchild.

Try actually using your police cruiser... to.... are you ready? FUCKING CRUISE!

This is not doing jack shit for road safety.
Reducing the number of unsafe child seats reduces the number of infants admitted to hospital in minor collisions and keeps tax expenditures down.

If we could dedicate a couple of officers to public safety, hospital visits would plummet and taxes would decrease. But then they would just increase again to pay for the officers so it's a tough balance.

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 11:04 AM
If people are too stupid to lock in their child or themselves properly.... let it be.

PD77
06-22-2012, 11:14 AM
If people are too stupid to lock in their child or themselves properly.... let it be.

So an innocent child should have to deal with the repercussions of an ignorant adult?

Fuck you.

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
If their parents are too stupid to know how to lock them into a car seat, they shouldn't have had children in the first place.

*bring the heat*

PD77
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
If their parents are too stupid to know how to lock them into a car seat, they shouldn't have had children in the first place.

*bring the heat*

I don't disagree with this at all...but that's not really the point now is it?

Is it the children's fault that they were born? Nope. So why should they have to suffer?

Bring the heat...let me guess. Young guy, no kids?

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Is 25 young? :dunno:

And no, no kids. But if I did have kids, I would strap them in properly.

EK 2.0
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM

Is 25 young? :dunno:

And no, no kids. But if I did have kids, I would strap them in properly.

25 might not be young...but your narrow viewpoints on the subject at hand certainly demonstrate the you are...

PD77
06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Come back to this thread when you have a child man, it'll change your perspective on whether they should live or die.

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
My point is, the cops doing this is not worth the time.

Do you really think a parent who is told by a cop that their child is not strapped in properly is NEVER going to do it again? Fuck no. They are either too lazy to do it properly or they are brain dead idiots.

If you don't have the mental capacity or amount of care required to seat your child safely in a car, an officer telling you that you are doing it wrong is not going to change a damn thing.

Waste of time.

EK 2.0
06-22-2012, 12:39 PM
I have to disagree....

When had the pleasure of taking my nieces to the zoo and all the other cool uncle things haha (when they were at ages that required a car seat)....I thought I was strapping them down properly and safely. It took a random safety checkstop like this to correct me, and show me (not a "brain dead idiot") what I was doing wrong.

There are people out there that just may not know...and yes, a police officer, showing me the correct method and manner in which to secure my precious cargo did change a "damn thing"...

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Well I guess I am just the smartest person in the entire world.....

Go me.

gretz
06-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Well I guess I am just the smartest person in the entire world.....

Go me.

How many kids / infants have you secured in a baby/child seat? Serious question...

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Three different kids in three different vehicles, and I can absolutely guarantee they were done correctly as they were checked.

gretz
06-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Fair enough lol... doesn't make you the smartest person in the world, possibly a little better than some at securing infants lol...

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Don't steal my thunder!

I feel I always derail threads on beyond.... I don't like it.

leftwing
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Is it really that hard to strap a child seat in correctly? I have never actually had to strap one in, but theoretically, it seems like something that you either do correctly or you cant do at all.

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 01:16 PM
It can be more difficult on some cars.... but really it's not rocket science. If you can change a spare, there is no reason you should have problems securing a child seat.

There is also this amazing thing called an owners manual.... most people don't know they exist though.

revelations
While I think that checking light tint or the WIDTH of ones exhaust (not the loudness) are tax dollar wasters .... the road checks usually catch all kinds of people that should NOT be on the road.

I know, I used to conduct them. :nut:

leftwing

Unsafe for him maybe. But I could really give a crap. If I am ever pulled over the first thing I do is roll down all my windows, therefore there is no danger to the officer.

When I got a tint ticket about a month ago, the officer told me that its not only unsafe for him but unsafe for occupants as well because the glass is designed to shatter, but with the film on it, it compromises that quality of the glass.

Disoblige
06-22-2012, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

When I got a tint ticket about a month ago, the officer told me that its not only unsafe for him but unsafe for occupants as well because the glass is designed to shatter, but with the film on it, it compromises that quality of the glass.
Yeah whatever officer. I can understand not seeing your face, but unsafe because of shatter issues is BS.

It's been proven time and time again that in accidents, the window pieces with the tint on still shatters into tiny cubes. It just doesn't all explode in your face.

Thaco
06-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by leftwing

When I got a tint ticket about a month ago, the officer told me that its not only unsafe for him but unsafe for occupants as well because the glass is designed to shatter, but with the film on it, it compromises that quality of the glass. yep... that's why the law is for any film on the window, even if it's clear "tint" it's illegal... it's realistically for your own safety, but often used as a cash grab, or an excuse to pull you over to look for other infractions, that's why people hate the law.

revelations
06-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Tinting windows was made illegal in BC because of the need to ID a driver.

Take a hit and run for eg., if witnesses cant ID the driver, the person driving the vehicle cant be charged.

Yes, night time and sunglasses can change all that ... but that was the spirt of the law. :dunno:

ddduke
06-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by revelations

And then people complain about how the CPS do "Fuck All" about the bad/drunk/stoned/unsafe drivers/vehicles in the city.

:facepalm:

(when cops do something good, no one notices)

Are you a cop or do you just love sucking their dicks? I swear you search cop, officer and rcmp and just jump in every thread to let everyone know how great they are.

wardpr68
06-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

Are you a cop or do you just love sucking their dicks? I swear you search cop, officer and rcmp and just jump in every thread to let everyone know how great they are.

Quote for truth.

revelations
06-22-2012, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ddduke

In fact most of them are great people. How many have you worked with on a day-day basis?

Yes I was a cop at one point. Correcting common law and police misconceptions and false media reports is something I did on the job ALL THE TIME to people.

swak
06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I actually fully condone this kind of stop - better use of "tax dollars" (if you will than speed traps imo).

This and "truck checks" make our roads safer by 110%.
If a lug nut is missing (do you want to drive by that guy? - checks like these take those idiots off the road).

... I live near a daycare, one worker there parks by my place daily, one day walking to my car I noticed a lug nut was missing - so I went in and informed her... She seemed to not give a shit (so I left it at that) - "I still got 3 more, wheels not going nowhere!" *facepalm

wardpr68
06-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by swak
I actually fully condone this kind of stop - better use of "tax dollars" (if you will than speed traps imo).

This and "truck checks" make our roads safer by 110%.
If a lug nut is missing (do you want to drive by that guy? - checks like these take those idiots off the road).

... I live near a daycare, one worker there parks by my place daily, one day walking to my car I noticed a lug nut was missing - so I went in and informed her... She seemed to not give a shit (so I left it at that) - "I still got 3 more, wheels not going nowhere!" *facepalm

That is NOT the kind of things they were looking for, don't kid yourself. This had about as much to do with safety as the 0.05 alcohol changes.

swak
06-25-2012, 09:50 AM

That is NOT the kind of things they were looking for, don't kid yourself. This had about as much to do with safety as the 0.05 alcohol changes.

Have you seen truck rig checks?
Id assume not, a full Level 1 check - is over and under every mechanical aspect of the truck.
(lug nuts, brakes, lights, etc...)

Don't kid yourself BRAH, its not just car seats and seatbelts they care about.

MGCM
06-25-2012, 10:45 PM
To quote some of the ignorance in this thread(not everyone)......."fuck the cops for checking if the idiot beside me has kept up with the maintenance of his truck+trailer, if he is too stupid to check for missing lug nuts or flat tires then let him crash into either myself or a good friend or worse a family member"

That about sum it up? Fucking ignorant children, go hate on yourself for having a dildo shoved so far up your ass that your just puking bullshit everywhere.

I hope that one dumbass has kids and when someone else straps them in they do it wrong and the kids die right infront of that ignorant morons face. Maybe that person will be lucky enough to run into a safety checkstop to show them they had it not quite right. O and dont kid yourself, u can't guarentee u will be there to show that person proper childseat setup before they pick your kids up from daycare cause u had to work late or something. So dont fucking sit there all high and mighty saying too bad for the innocent child.......that innocent child may one day be your child.

supe
06-25-2012, 10:59 PM

In all honesty, I think you're living in the wrong country since it doesn't seem like you agree with many of the laws here. The laws are in place for a reason, the cops are just doing their job. Don't hate the player hate the game.

Isaiah
06-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Sorry for delay on pics:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102841AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102838AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102235AM.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/cabriochico/Photo2012-06-20102223AM-1.jpg