forbiddenera
06-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Vehicle Details
Year : 1979
Make and Model : Chevrolet
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : White
Auto or Manual? : Automatic
Odometer Reading : 25xxx (5 digit odometer, rolled once?)
Location of Vehicle : Calgary

Description :

Kijiji Ad:

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-Classic-1979-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Restorers-Dream-W0QQAdIdZ389671682

If you are searching for the right car to restore - you may have found your match. I say this because the condition of the car is VERY good, definitely not perfect, but VERY good. (You wouldn't be restoring it if it was perfect, now would you? :-)

This Camaro was parked about 12-13 years ago when one (or both?) of the head gaskets failed. This car has been lady driven and owned most of it's life and well taken care of.

RUST - that's what everyone wants to know, right? The answer: VERY LITTLE. There is a bit of rust around the wheel wells on the fenders (sheet metal) and from what I can see absolutely no serious structural rust. Car was painted shortly before it was parked - most of the paint looks pretty decent and the rest could probably be fixed with little effort and touch ups.

This car has MOST (but not all) of the original TRIM pieces, beauty rings, Z28 logos. The interior has a few tears on the seats and could use a bit of work but is completely original.

The motor however is NOT original. Not sure why (will find out and edit) but the original Chev 350 was removed and a 305 put in. This 305 has a 3-bbl carb and it would definitely get up and go when it opened up.

It was daily (lady) driven until it was parked due to the head gasket issue. She was building a proper 350 for it with the works, pistons, head work, balanced & blue printed, etc.. Unfortunately the motor was stolen.

The car WILL START AND RUN and STAY RUNNING and drive. Once it warms up a bit though - starts pouring out smoke. However - the owner moved after it was parked and drove it to the new house (<10k) with no serious issues though I would not recommend driving this car without rebuilding the engine.

There is documentation with receipts for some of the work done in the '90s on it, the ORIGINAL OWNERS MANUAL and will throw in the Haynes manual as well. The car was last registered in Alberta in 2002-2003 and can be registered no problem (not written off/salvage)!

Car has been GARAGE PARKED, kept reasonably clean and COVERED for the entire time it's been parked and has been started every few years to "clean out the cobb webs" and circulate the internals.

Pretty much all the little stuff works as far as I know - as I said it was daily driven before hand so all lights, signals, wipers, squirters, etc. all work! EVERYTHING is ORIGINAL except the motor!

Car features:
- Power Windows
- Power Locks
- Air Conditioning
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Z28 Trim
- Electronic Trunk Release
- Automatic Transmission
- Original Z28 Rims, bigger BFG Radial T/A's on rear, tires in good shape.
- Windshield not cracked.
- Updated stereo installed by Future Shop (and since removed, but, wiring should be usable with a modern stereo if you wish)

I will find out whatever other details I can and edit this ad when I do.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! NO TRADES! PRICE NEGOTIABLE FOR THE RIGHT BUYER. CAR WILL ONLY GO TO A GOOD HOME - WILL NOT SELL TO SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT RESPECT THE CAR AND TREAT IT APPROPRIATELY.

Extras :
Original Owners Manual, Haynes Manual, Spare Tires and a few parts in the trunk (not sure what)

Asking Price : $5750 .. Beyond price .. $5250

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone : Screening Buyers

Pictures :

See Kijiji Ad:
http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-Classic-1979-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Restorers-Dream-W0QQAdIdZ389671682

forbiddenera
06-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Bump!