PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Been to the Edmonton INDY?

dj_patm
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I want to buy tickets for me and my dad for his birthday but I don't think I would want to get 3 day passes cause he'd only really be interested in the open-wheel races.

On the site it says that you can only get General Admission for individual days and that it's only standing room. Has anyone ever had these before? I'd like to sit in the grandstand but like I said, not if that means buying 3 day passes.

I was thinking if I only get general admission I could also get the Paddock access to make up for it?

Thoughts? Comments?

cet
06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
I went a few years ago (there may still be a thread around with pictures in it) and had general admission.

Edit: Found the thread with the pics in it: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227802

Over all it was a good experience. I didn't have pit passes but could still see a bit of what was going on by standing on a lock-block and looking over the fence. We spent the day wandering around to different areas of the track to get different views of the race. It was cool to see different sections but made following the race more difficult, since this was the first race i'd been to i wasn't too bothered about doing things the way we did it. If I was going again and wanted to properly follow the race I'd get Grandstand tickets.

Moonracer
06-22-2012, 01:58 PM
I went last year and I had seats but I also walked around to various spots and there are some good areas to stand and see some good action. That was during practice and qualifying I was in my seat for the race. So if he'll be happy just to be there and see the action then go for it.

dj_patm
06-22-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah he doesn't follow Indy at all but loves cars and loves racing so I don't think he'll care about following the race, just being up close to the cars and stuff will hopefully make him happy.