PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run

r2.ha
06-23-2012, 01:58 AM
Hey so my girlfriend car got hit the other day, she parked to pick up her little brother and sister at their elementary school, came back to her and left. She didn't notice the damage till late night and there was damage done on her driver side fender where it has been pushed in and paint scratched off. The only time she drove her car was to the school and back home where she parked it on her drive way so it had to be from when she left her car to grab her brother and sister from the school. She didn't go anywhere that day, she always parks at the same spot right before a intersection infront of a house. We thought about it and it must have been one of the other parents from the school so her mom called the school and they sent out letters to the parents. The damage must have been when she walked to grab her brother and sister at their school door and someone who turned right either clipped her car turning right and didn't notice or hit and ran. So today I went with her to the school there is this same lady in a Lexus RX the suv that parks infront of her everytime at the corner and we noticed when she got out she was staring at my gf car for a rather long time so thinking it was a little sketchy I went and had a look at her car, there was damaged on her front passenger side bumper and at the same level where the damage was on my gf car. What made it seem like it would be her is that the car is brand new and there is some white paint on her bumper but I didn't want to chip it off and didn't know what to do other than take her plate and a picture while she wasn't looking. My gf G35 is white as well so it I'm trying to put one an one together and thinking its her but dunno how to confront her about it. Sorry about the long post but I wanted to make sure I got everything down and jut wondering what we should do because hit and runs are so broad and it's hard to accuse someone without u actually witnessing it or even having a witness.

Unknown303
06-23-2012, 02:32 AM
report it to the police and show them the pictures of the RX and it's damage.

Mamma_Mia
06-23-2012, 08:43 AM
It sounds to me like you have enough proof to take to the police. The fact that she hit the car and left makes me think no good will come from confronting her yourself.

Khyron
06-23-2012, 09:18 AM
Get a cop to do it not you.

Zhariak
06-23-2012, 10:18 AM
I'd report it to the cops, make sure you have pics, and plate number...

If It was me, I'd also confront the driver nicely... Just see what they say.

r2.ha
06-23-2012, 11:54 AM
I was thinking about trying to get the police involved to confront her about it, and was thinking about trying to confront her before notifying the police, but they go to a private with a bunch of rich and snobby people, but not being racist and having past experiences when you have a rich brown lady they are straight up more rude and snobby towards you. Im leaning more towards the police side but would they come to the school to do it?

Squishy
06-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Just contact the police. There's really no point in you contacting her and making things worse. Let the cops deal with it.

gqboy322
06-23-2012, 12:00 PM
just go to police station report them what happened give them all the pictures and info you have then cps will do their job.

FixedGear
06-23-2012, 01:03 PM
The same exact thing has happened to me, and I can tell you that you're screwed. You can call the police, but regardless of what they say, the decision to fix your car is ultimately up to the insurance companies. Unless the Lexus woman admits it, you're not going to get any money to repair your car.

At least, that's what happened in my case. The guy next to me hit my car, it was obvious he did due to paint left on the 2 cars as well as a distinctive mark left by his bumper caldding on my bumper. I called the police, who agreed that he had hit my car and put that in the police report... however, the guy denied it and his insurance company gave me the run around for 6 months, after which nothing happened.

So basically, you are fucked.

bourge73
06-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Well I for one wouldnt give up, its worth it to report it to the Police, dont just assume your fucked. Shes fucked, hit and runs are not a simple speeding ticket, its serious. She is trying to screw you, what the hell do you owe her to be nice? F her.

DEATH2000
06-23-2012, 03:51 PM
By reporting it to the police as an accident they will have to look up her information and provide it to you in an accident report. That information also contains her insurance details. You can then contact your insurance company to have it fixed without ever confronting the person.

revelations
06-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Typically.... in a hit and run situation ... no witnesses means there is no way to pin the existing damage on their vehicle to yours :(

Disoblige
06-23-2012, 05:14 PM
As people said, take it to the police ASAP. The long you wait, the longer you're giving her a chance to clean up the mess on her bumper.

If it was her, you'll be pissed off for a very long time because she would have gotten away with it.

To me, it's a no brainer. I've been hit and run before multiple times and I can only WISH I was in the same situation as you. I would have compared bumpers ASAP. If she didn't do it, then she has nothing to worry about if you present the case politely. If she did do it, then who gives a fuck how polite you are. She's a piece of trash anyways.

Good luck man. I hope she gets what she deserves if it is actually her who hit you.