PDA

View Full Version : Judge Dredd Trailer (2012)

liquidboi69
06-25-2012, 06:49 AM
PifvRiHVSCY

Vagabond142
06-25-2012, 07:43 AM
I reserve judgement (see what I did there? :D). Looks like it will be a "leave the brain at the door" action flick, but those are good once in a while :thumbsup:

buh_buh
06-25-2012, 06:08 PM
They're going to do a remake of a shitty movie to begin with?

JordanEG6
06-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
They're going to do a remake of a shitty movie to begin with?

:werd:

The movie wasn't that great in the first place. But this one... no Stallone, no Rob Schneider, no thanks. Haha.

This fad of revivals and remakes are getting out of hand. If they remake shit like Demolition Man, 5th Element or Back to the Future, I'm done.

Redlined_8000
06-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by JordanEG6

If they remake shit like Demolition Man, 5th Element or Back to the Future, I'm done.

Those movies aren't shit!

black13
06-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Well the original was shit so this looks like an improvement of sort.

bourge73
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
For real? This movie? Ummm Hi we are Hollywood we are officially out of ideas...

JordanEG6
06-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Those movies aren't shit!

Oh I love these movies, which is why if they were re-created in some shitty remake, I will be very angry ;)

eglove
06-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Mmmm Lena Headey :love:

DJ Lazy
06-25-2012, 10:42 PM
I can't believe I wasted my time watching the whole trailer.. :facepalm:

So sick of these remakes.

JAYMEZ
06-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Hahah I liked the movie when I was younger ! And whos dissing 5th element here!! :whipped:

eiysa101
06-26-2012, 01:41 AM
I remember bitching about how Hollywood is all remakes and they need to start coming up with original ideas......and then I see a commercial for Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter...

403Gemini
06-26-2012, 01:53 PM
They're remaking Robocop too (slated for 2013 release)...

i have mixed feelings on that since I love Robocop 1... the only thing I hope they change is his stick up the ass walk.

Truthfully though, the first Judge Dredd was an abomination to the comics... this at least looks half decent.

Vagabond142
06-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Truthfully though, the first Judge Dredd was an abomination to the comics... this at least looks half decent.

This one looks like it was at the least written by someone that READ the comics o_O! Which, as you stated, gives it a fighting chance

Hallowed_point
06-26-2012, 07:53 PM

The movie wasn't that great in the first place. But this one... no Stallone, no Rob Schneider, no thanks. Haha.

This fad of revivals and remakes are getting out of hand. If they remake shit like Demolition Man, 5th Element or Back to the Future, I'm done.

Totally agree with this. Where does it end?? :facepalm:

ekguy
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Seems like a decent leave brain at the door movie like vagabond said.

I wouldn't mind seeing this.

Xtrema
06-26-2012, 10:49 PM
A BTTF remake will mean a burn down of whichever studio green light it.

This movie being released in September, chance of it being shit is high.

Markll7
06-27-2012, 01:24 AM
I feel the same way about this movie as I do about total recall, just isn't the same without Arnold & Sylvester.

urbannomad
06-27-2012, 02:11 AM
I love me some Cersei Lannister. Definitely a movie i can shut my brain off for.

A790
06-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Markll7
I feel the same way about this movie as I do about total recall, just isn't the same without Arnold & Sylvester.
Total Recall looks wicked. Sure Arnold isn't in it, but the trailers look awesome... and Colin Farrel isn't a bad choice for the role. He just doesn't have the Arnie scream.

Hallowed_point
06-27-2012, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by A790

Total Recall looks wicked. Sure Arnold isn't in it, but the trailers look awesome... and Colin Farrel isn't a bad choice for the role. He just doesn't have the Arnie scream.

And that, is a major downside :thumbsdow

403Gemini
06-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Trailer music is at least half decent :thumbsup:

CbSLxOadDdI

ZorroAMG
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh come the fuck on!

I mean I really like Karl Urban but seriously, why the fuck is he doing the Bale Batman Growl?

Tram Common
07-04-2012, 12:25 PM

The Fifth Element is like... one of the greatest movies of all time.

googe
07-04-2012, 12:59 PM
This isn't actually a remake, it's based on a comic book. The character has been around since 1977 apparently.

Tram Common
01-12-2013, 02:05 AM
Did anyone watch this?

Saw it last night, it was pretty good! Definitely recommend it if you're a sci-fi fag.

black13
01-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Yea watched this a while ago. Its waaaaaay better than I expected.

The 3D is probably some of the best I've seen. Has a real cool look to it as well. Some really really cool slow mo shots.

Way better than that shitty Total Recall crap. Really worth a watch for any action fan. Dredd was super badass in it. Shits all over the Stallone crapfest.

treg50
01-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by googe
This isn't actually a remake, it's based on a comic book. The character has been around since 1977 apparently.
This ^

The Stallone version was... well it was what it was for that time. This recent version is like over 10 years apart from the other version, so I'd say it's allowed PLUS it's a different story than the 90's version.

Same character, new story, that's cool.

tsi_neal
01-12-2013, 08:05 AM
As said this isn't a remake and is well worth your time. Kinda has the feel of an 80's ultra violent action movie. It's really too bad that it wasn't marketed better. 3D was superb soundtrack was great. Effects, script, acting, writing and visual style were all good. Apparently this could be the first of a trilogy and i do hope the rest get made. Truly worth checking out of your a fan of violent movies.

r3ccOs
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
most awful movie ever...
but somehow IMDB has it rated in the 7's

Tram Common
01-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
most awful movie ever...

Probably because the majority of the people who watched it, enjoyed it... funny how a consensus rating system works, hey? :dunno:

What didn't you enjoy about it?

ZEDGE
01-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Picked up the 3d blu ray. $25 at HMV.

Seems this movie will end up a cult classic like Fifth Element or something. No Im not saying its as good as Fifth Element, just a reference. Fifth Element is one of my fav movies ever.

Originally posted by r3ccOs
most awful movie ever...

Not everyone likes the same things.. shocking.. :dunno:

UndrgroundRider
01-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I saw this recently too. As a fan of 80's & 90's era grunge sci-fi I was expecting this to be similar to the recent Star Trek remake (which was a big let down that I mostly blame JJ Abrams for). This was definitely a pleasant surprise and I rather enjoyed it, even with Colin Farrell in it.

beecue
01-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
I saw this recently too. As a fan of 80's & 90's era grunge sci-fi I was expecting this to be similar to the recent Star Wars remake (which was a big let down that I mostly blame JJ Abrams for). This was definitely a pleasant surprise and I rather enjoyed it, even with Colin Farrell in it.

:confused: :confused:

firebane
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider
I saw this recently too. As a fan of 80's & 90's era grunge sci-fi I was expecting this to be similar to the recent Star Wars remake (which was a big let down that I mostly blame JJ Abrams for). This was definitely a pleasant surprise and I rather enjoyed it, even with Colin Farrell in it.

Colin Farrell was in Total Recall not Dredd

Tik-Tok
01-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Colin Farrell was in Total Recall not Dredd

That's the only thing you noticed wrong with his statement? :rofl:

firebane
01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That's the only thing you noticed wrong with his statement? :rofl:

Haha oh god no. I just felt like at least saying something.

UndrgroundRider
01-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Oops. I had left the tab open for a while and mixed up the threads. Ironically the same review stands, sans mention of Colin Farrell. A little bit more could have been done with the plot, but I still enjoyed it.

403Gemini
01-14-2013, 09:05 AM
I took a chance and just bought it, heard a lot of good things from friends that like sci-fi movies and have typically good taste.

Was VERY surprised on how much I enjoyed it. Felt like Robocop meets The Raid: Redemption.

Great sound, amazing visuals - its nice to see a hero bleed to so you don't get this bogus feeling of the antagonist being invulnerable, even seeing him stagger/stumble when they're firing at him with the miniguns - not to mention the super violence, was nice. You don't see many movies willing to do that, most seem to try and get the pg-13 rating to pull in sales.

I wish it was marketed better too, supposedly if they break even they will make a sequel. I sure hope they do because it was a great movie and I think it's unfortunately stuck in the shadow of the Stallone movie and the sour taste that movie left in many people's mouths.

One thing that really stood out to me - this movie wasn't about him saving MegaCity or some grand plot , this was just another day in the shoes of being a Judge.

Tomaz
01-14-2013, 09:51 AM
I never watched the original, or watched the comics.

After I turned my brain off, it passed as a form of entertainment. Overall, I wasn't impressed. The cheesy look on Dredd's face was really starting to piss me off.

After the movie, my brain turned back on and I have to say the whole idea of a police state scares the shit out of me. lol

Inzane
01-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I have to say the whole idea of a police state scares the shit out of me. lol

I've felt like that ever since the early 80s as a kid when I first watched Escape from New York.

ZEDGE
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
I took a chance and just bought it, heard a lot of good things from friends that like sci-fi movies and have typically good taste.

Was VERY surprised on how much I enjoyed it. Felt like Robocop meets The Raid: Redemption.

Great sound, amazing visuals - its nice to see a hero bleed to so you don't get this bogus feeling of the antagonist being invulnerable, even seeing him stagger/stumble when they're firing at him with the miniguns - not to mention the super violence, was nice. You don't see many movies willing to do that, most seem to try and get the pg-13 rating to pull in sales.

I wish it was marketed better too, supposedly if they break even they will make a sequel. I sure hope they do because it was a great movie and I think it's unfortunately stuck in the shadow of the Stallone movie and the sour taste that movie left in many people's mouths.

One thing that really stood out to me - this movie wasn't about him saving MegaCity or some grand plot , this was just another day in the shoes of being a Judge.

Pretty much sums up how I felt, really enjoyed it. Visuals and 3D were well done. Would love to see a sequel with bigger scope. Its a lot like Raid Redemption but I think I enjoyed Dredd more.

JAYMEZ
01-16-2013, 11:12 PM
Just watched it on shaw cable. Wasnt to bad! I had no expectations for this movie (I liked the first one).. But I actually enjoyed this one .