PDA

View Full Version : shop for jdm inspection ?

canadian booster
06-26-2012, 09:15 AM
i picked up the 300zx z32 on friday and drove back from Victoria, took about 20 hours because of mud slides and closures :P

anyway, it's here now and i need an out-of-province inspection, any suggestions where i can go considering it'll fail if i take it anywhere familiar with JDMs, the glass on the headlights isn't DOT stamped, it was registered in BC so i assume the prev owner did the same thing and got a buddy to inspect it or a shop that didn't know.

otherwise the car is fine, just needs new rotors on the back :thumbsup:

canadian booster
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM
i've had a couple replies through PM, which is alright too, thanks for the suggestions

mugensix
06-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Yellow one? I might have seen it if so.

DonJuan
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Rams transmissions on 17th ave just east of deerfoot ramp. They did all my inspections and were really good and well priced.

master hec0
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Rams transmissions on 17th ave just east of deerfoot ramp. They did all my inspections and were really good and well priced.

rams is now called Beyond Transmissions.

Neil4Speed
06-26-2012, 04:17 PM
I got mine done through Habour Auto Ltd.

Must have been an enjoyable drive back. Always a fun experience getting familiar with a new car over a long drive.

lellowrx7
06-26-2012, 05:49 PM
+1 harbor auto
They go a little hardcore but they protect their name and make sure your ride is safe.
I think it's 120, if it fails they give you time to get it fixed and then recheck for free

canadian booster
06-27-2012, 12:43 PM
my car is at harbor auto right now, waiting for the fail report so i know what to fix over the next few days

Neil4Speed the drive was pretty sweet, apart from the rainy spots, i didn't want to push it too much though being a 'new' car i don't know her limits just yet or what could go wrong

edit: it's a red '92

MGCM
06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Vex performance does lots of jdm stuff including Inspections

canadian booster
06-27-2012, 12:53 PM
i was really hoping to find somewhere that didn't know about JDMs or that would not notice the headlight glass isn't DOT stamped. a shop that sees JDMs will know about the headlight assemblies needing to be swapped for usdm, which is a pain in the ass amount of work and quite $$ for parts

edit: pretty sure harbor will fail me on them also, i might have to fix everythign they fail me on, except the headlights, and take it somewhere else, mister joe bob's backyard auto service inc.

canadian booster
06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
just got the call, failed on a ton of stuff *lol* ok well, time to bite the bullet and start working, i'm getting them to do some of the work, and i'll do the rest over the next few days and get it re-spected next week.

overall Harbour was a good choice in the end i think, pretty easy going and definitely knows imports

gretz
06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
What failed?