PDA

View Full Version : Mexico - Mayan Riviera Which Resort?

06-26-2012, 10:11 AM
We are heading down to the Mayan Riviera in January (2013) and looking for some advice on which resort, details, etc..

Looking for 4-5 star, there will be 8 of us going.

Primarily looking for a family oriented resort, a nice relaxing vacation.. not partying, we also have a few under 25 so thats another factor for the adult only resorts..

What does beyond thing? any experiances?

Tripz
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
We just came back from Grand Princess Riviera.

Pros:
- Super clean resort and friendly staffs
- Pools were nice and warm and they have about 3 pools you can go to
- Buffet hours are nice and long so you can grab a bite pretty much any time
- Sports bar is neat where they have pool and fooseball with drinks and hamburger/hot dogs
- Bartender is very friendly and if you tip the waiter/waitress properly, they will continue to bring you shots/drinks
- Rooms were nice and cold with A/C
- Clean bathrooms

Cons:
- Beach Isn't as white or nice as I would like and it's kinda crowded with vendors
- Far walk from lobby to your rooms
- Buffet was just alright and seems to be the same thing every day
- We've only tried two resturants when we were there and it wasn't good (Mexian and Tapa)

But since you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this resort will be a good choice, lots of pools and spots to sit to enjoy the sun.

06-26-2012, 10:26 AM
What site or agent did you book through?

cet
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
The first time I went down there I stayed at the Barcelo Maya which was really nice. The last time I went down I stayed at the Bluebay Grand Esmerelda because my parents have a timeshare there. It was nice and I had access to the private beach. However, it was low season when I went so the resort was only about 25% full.

Tripz
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
We actually booked it through a travel agent that was recommended to us by a friend. I would look at redtag.ca, expedia, westjetvacations, etc. to see find the best deal and see if any one locally can beat it.

snowcat
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Tripz
We just came back from Grand Princess Riviera.

Pros:
- Super clean resort and friendly staffs
- Pools were nice and warm and they have about 3 pools you can go to
- Buffet hours are nice and long so you can grab a bite pretty much any time
- Sports bar is neat where they have pool and fooseball with drinks and hamburger/hot dogs
- Bartender is very friendly and if you tip the waiter/waitress properly, they will continue to bring you shots/drinks
- Rooms were nice and cold with A/C
- Clean bathrooms

Cons:
- Beach Isn't as white or nice as I would like and it's kinda crowded with vendors
- Far walk from lobby to your rooms
- Buffet was just alright and seems to be the same thing every day
- We've only tried two resturants when we were there and it wasn't good (Mexian and Tapa)

But since you are looking for a relaxing vacation, this resort will be a good choice, lots of pools and spots to sit to enjoy the sun.

I went to this place as well. Loved it there! I would definately go back.