PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor rant!!

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 10:25 AM
After my neighbors kid decided to party last night till the early am hours, I come outside this morning to find one of the f**kng kids vehicles parked infront of my garage door. Garbage everywhere, beer cans and such. It took me 25 minutes to make enough space in my garage to finally get my vehicle out (had to come out almost sideways), mirrors tucked in just missing the frame by less than an inch. Thus making me late for work.

This is not the first time this has happened, and the thought of just plowing into the vehicle had crossed my mind. I was a kid, I partied as well, but on a Monday and with trash and shit everywhere is really annoying. Phoned the cops to get the car towed/ticketed, and ofcourse they did nothing.

I did take pics of it, was just wondering if there is anything I can do, or becuase I eventually got out, they will just tell me to pound sand?? It may seem like a small issue to some, but this has been going on for some time, and with all the noise/trash, people vandalising shit, it is getting ridiculous.

*edit, I rent due to work location and this is in a duplex* Landlord does not seem to give a shit, and I can not find anything close/somewhat near my work that will take my dogs to :dunno:

06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Pull the valve stems from the tires next time.

rage2
06-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Call 311 and it didn't get anywhere? Usually they come out within an hour. Sounded like an awesome party tho. :rofl:

FraserB
06-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Crawl under and pop it into neutral, push it into the road. Call the police and tell them there is an unattended vehicle abstructing the road and that you just witnessed someone almost hit a pedestrian becuase of it.

Tape it, post it here.

Next time they cause shit, call the cops. Tell them you thought you saw a weapon and suspect there are drugs at the party. Watch the whole force show up in 10 minutes or less.

Again; tape it and post it here.

Moonracer
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Flatten their tires next time. Hey it wasn't you it was the party goers.

edit: you should have called the cops after 11pm cause that's when the noise bylaw kicks in or is it 10 on a weekday?

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 10:38 AM
yea, I guess I should have done that. :D

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I have called them before after hours, took 3 calls to get them to show up and all they did is drive by, stop for a few minutes. Kids didnt even stop drinking on the road. :facepalm:

Hallowed_point
06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
(1) If you live in the NE, I'd put a "need it gone - parts car - take what you need" sign on the windshield.

(2) Put a tool box beside said vehicle to facilitate parts removal.

(3) Sit back and watch it get torn apart faster than a vulture on roadkill.

kvg
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Why didn't you knock on the door and get them to move the car:confused:

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
(1) If you live in the NE, I'd put a "need it gone - parts car - take what you need" sign on the windshield.

(2) Put a tool box beside said vehicle to facilitate parts removal.

(3) Sit back and watch it get torn apart faster than a vulture on roadkill.

:rofl: if only I lived in Calgary haha to good.

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by kvg
Why didn't you knock on the door and get them to move the car:confused:

Was no one there, I am assuming they walked home. Was not the neighbors car, one of the kids that was there I am assuming.

Sugarphreak
06-26-2012, 10:51 AM

Mibz
06-26-2012, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
This only works in the SE... in the NE all they do is steal your tools!

;) Ha, I was gonna post the same thing.

Euro_Trash
06-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Calgary Parking Authority

FraserB
06-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I get rid of all my crap by putting it out front or out in the alley and putting a sign on it that says "$30".

9 times out of 10, it gets "stolen" from me within a day.

This is in the SW:eek:

FraserB
06-26-2012, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Euro_Trash
Calgary Parking Authority only works in Calgary

Fixed;)

kvg
06-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Skrilla

Was no one there, I am assuming they walked home. Was not the neighbors car, one of the kids that was there I am assuming.

Are you sure they weren't there? I would have banged on the door to find out and at the very least wake them up:devil:

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by kvg

Are you sure they weren't there? I would have banged on the door to find out and at the very least wake them up:devil:

did, and no there was no one there. unless they were that passed out.

Mar
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
It's not your house, you can't tell people not to park there.

Euro_Trash
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by FraserB

Fixed;)

Good call, didn't look at the location :nut:

kvg
06-26-2012, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Mar
It's not your house, you can't tell people not to park there.

Being the resident of the home and they are parked on his property he can have him towed.

Mar
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by kvg

Being the resident of the home and they are parked on his property he can have him towed.
Not if the guy has permission from anyone else in the household.

kvg
06-26-2012, 12:39 PM
To park on someone else's driveway, and blocks their garage?

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Not if the guy has permission from anyone else in the household.

So your saying I could park infront of any persons home or garage blocking there vehicle because they do not own the home, and another tenant told me to block him? :facepalm: Sorry but not according to the cop I just spoke to.

Hallowed_point
06-26-2012, 12:42 PM
What kind of an assh8le parks in front of someone's garage anyway lol..that's just asking for trouble

Skrilla
06-26-2012, 12:45 PM
well landlord must have phoned him, cause I went to let my dogs outside and he snapped on my dog, so I freaked out. Well this is getting interesting, then some fat chick started yelling haha:D

spikerS
06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
it is illegally parked if it is parked withing 1.5m of his driveway or entrance to his garage. Does not matter if he is the owner or not.

and Mar, come on man, I have specifically stayed off the bandwagon bashing you, but are you really that dense?

Hallowed_point
06-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Skrilla
well landlord must have phoned him, cause I went to let my dogs outside and he snapped on my dog, so I freaked out. Well this is getting interesting, then some fat chick started yelling haha:D

Don't worry about fat chick: she's probably just practicing for her appearance on Maury after getting pregnant by Jamal.

sr20s14zenki
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM
step 1- knock said kid's teeth out
step 2- Crack beer, and wait outside for cops to arrest you.
step 3- ?

:D

xolemonteaox
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Not if the guy has permission from anyone else in the household. oh my...:facepalm:

Just like Spikers said:

Many common parking restrictions are not
signed but are still enforced. Some of the key
restrictions are listed below.
• Within 1.5 metres of a driveway or alley.http://www.calgary.ca/_layouts/cocis/DirectDownload.aspx?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.calgary.ca%2FTransportation%2FRoads%2FDocuments%2FTraffic%2FTraffic-safety-programs%2FTraffic-tips-booklet.pdf&noredirect=1&sf=1

JRSC00LUDE
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by spikers
.....and Mar, come on man, I have specifically stayed off the bandwagon bashing you, but are you really that dense?

It's not a bandwagon, it's just normal people reacting instinctively to idiocy.

If Mar were any more dense I fear his face would begin to implode.

Mar
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

It's not a bandwagon, it's just normal people reacting instinctively to idiocy.

If Mar were any more dense I fear his face would begin to implode.
By anyone else in the household I meant someone that owns it. If the owner says you can park there the tenant can't say shit. If the owner says bums can sleep on your couch you can't say shit, they only need the permissions of one person on title.

kvg
06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
:facepalm:

New hobby buddy
http://bathsaltsdrug.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Bath-Salts-Lines.jpg

kenny
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Why haven't landlords jumped on these new rights? Rent out a place to someone then give someone else permission to live there as well. Tenants can't do shit! :rofl:

Mibz
06-26-2012, 03:15 PM
EDIT: I misread

Spoons
06-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I thought you made like super heavy bass music and shit like that... I'd imagine that pisses off the neighbours more than anything.

Moonracer
06-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Why haven't landlords jumped on these new rights? Rent out a place to someone then give someone else permission to live there as well. Tenants can't do shit! :rofl:

:rofl: Beyond is not just a car forum it's where half the kids in calgary go for their education!

Kanto_Terrors
06-26-2012, 03:32 PM
This happened except my neighbour "thought" that there was no one living in the house, so I called CPA. After 2.5 hours of waiting, officer came, ticketed the truck that was parked in front of my driveway, not ON but in front of my drive so technically he was parked on a public domain but he was blocking my driveway, within ten minutes a tow truck came and took my neighbour's truck away.:clap:

FraserB
06-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Mar

By anyone else in the household I meant someone that owns it. If the owner says you can park there the tenant can't say shit. If the owner says bums can sleep on your couch you can't say shit, they only need the permissions of one person on title.

Serious question.

How do you maintain employment?

Mar
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM

Serious question.

I own the company, people work for me. I'm kind of a genius, go figure.

And I'm not wrong. I came home to my house one day to find 4 people in it I'd never seen before so I called the cops to come stop a robbery in progress. They came out, phoned the other person on title, verified the foursome were invited on the premises and told me tough luck. If one person on title invites people into the home, nobody else living there can do anything.

So if you think I'm dense, call Calgary Police Services and tell them they're wrong. Or jump on the bandwagon and make fun of the guy that's been in this situation already without verifying it for yourself.

Disoblige
06-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Fuck you Kenny. Spat water all over my keyboard.

Hallowed_point
06-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Serious question.

:rofl: hahaha this question was begging to be asked

barmanjay
06-26-2012, 04:16 PM
*nukes popcorn*

Hmmm there must be something in the landlord tenancy act.....

Mar, your situation is quite different.

If the current owner had leased/rented out the house (1/2 duplex), one of the few rights the owner can do is schedule a visit to make sure his house isn't getting trashed.

With a property being rented out in a written contract, this gives the tenant access and living rights/arrangement to all parts of the home/property unless otherwise stated/outlined in the tenancy agreement/contract.

Theory: if you lease a car from a company, they cannot let another person sit in the passenger seat or allow someone else use your truck for storage.
Only if there is some fubar'd contract that might have been agreed and signed by both the lessee and lessor.

Hope I correctly explained it all.

kvg
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Mar, he doesn't live with the guy:banghead:

"Genius":rofl: thats awesome.

jdmXSI
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Mar

And I'm not wrong. I came home to my house one day to find 4 people in it I'd never seen before so I called the cops to come stop a robbery in progress. They came out, phoned the other person on title, verified the foursome were invited on the premises and told me tough luck. If one person on title invites people into the home, nobody else living there can do anything.

So if you think I'm dense, call Calgary Police Services and tell them they're wrong. Or jump on the bandwagon and make fun of the guy that's been in this situation already without verifying it for yourself.

There is no way this could possibly happen unless you are leaving something out like; the landlord is your roommate who also lives in the premises and had guests over or perhaps your lease agreement was being terminated and the property was being shown to new tenants...

Wouldn't that be on the same lines as leasing a car from a manufacturer and because the finance companies name is on the agreement; that gives them the rights to allow anyone they give permission to, the ability drive your car (outside of non-payment)?

Mar
06-26-2012, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by barmanjay
*nukes popcorn*

Hmmm there must be something in the landlord tenancy act.....

Mar, your situation is quite different.

If the current owner had leased/rented out the house (1/2 duplex), one of the few rights the owner can do is schedule a visit to make sure his house isn't getting trashed.

With a property being rented out in a written contract, this gives the tenant access and living rights/arrangement to all parts of the home/property unless otherwise stated/outlined in the tenancy agreement/contract.

Theory: if you lease a car from a company, they cannot let another person sit in the passenger seat or allow someone else use your truck for storage.
Only if there is some fubar'd contract that might have been agreed and signed by both the lessee and lessor.

Hope I correctly explained it all.

Correct, a written contract would supercede this of course.

FraserB
06-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Exactly what barmanjay said. Just becuase someone is the landlord doesn't meant hey can enter, or grant access to, the property anytime they wish.

Living together is an entirely defferent situation. Your friend had equal access to the space and could therefore allow its use. Your landlord does not, and therefore can't allow its use by anyone he wants to.

Same goes for consenting to search by the police. With a few caveats thrown in for fun.

FraserB
06-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI

There is no way this could possibly happen unless you are leaving something out like; the landlord is your roommate who also lives in the premises and had guests over or perhaps your lease agreement was being terminated and the property was being shown to new tenants...

The person who allowed the use was the same person who had bought the house with him and was/ had been living there/listed as primary residence.

Equal rights to the use of the area.

JRSC00LUDE
06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Mar

The thing is you weren't in the situation, you were in a different situation than what the OP mentioned. Not even remotely the same.

In short, your density remains unchecked.

max_boost
06-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Mar

I'm kind of a genius, go figure.
Not sure if serious. :confused:

JRSC00LUDE
06-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

He is serious and nothing will ever change his mind. I defer back to the Claven photo in a previous thread. It's pointless to argue with him and yet, it's nearly impossible not to.....

max_boost
06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Mar is the greatest troll of all time. :D

ekguy
06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol. Love it. Yeah I've been dealing with a shitty neighbor as well. It's been a blast...Hope you are able to resolve things.

J-hop
06-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Ok Mar, then how do you explain the following. If a landlord needs permission except for listed circumstances how can bums be allowed on the premises, genius????? Btw if you try to question the source it is straight from the AB govt's site. No a landlord can't dictate stuff like that, as a renter you are the resident not the landlord, they don't have as much say as you think

A landlord may enter the residential premises at any time with the tenant's consent. Consent can be verbal or written. If the landlord has the tenant's consent, no notice is required.
The landlord may enter the premises without permission and without giving proper notice to the tenant when the landlord has reason to believe:
-there is an emergency; or
-that the tenant has abandoned the premises.

The landlord may enter the residential premises without permission but only if the landlord has given the tenant a written notice at least 24 hours before the time of entry. The notice has to be in writing, be signed by the landlord or agent and state the reason, date and time of entry.
The landlord can give notice to enter to do repairs; to inspect the state of repair of the premises; to take necessary steps to control pests; to show the premises to prospective purchasers, or mortgagees; or to show the premises to prospective tenants after the landlord or tenant has given notice to end a periodic tenancy, or, in the final month of a fixed-term tenancy.
The tenant does not have to be present since the landlord has the right to enter as long as proper notice has been provided.

CompletelyNumb
06-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I'm kind of a genius

http://tekhne.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/magic8ball.jpg

bourge73
06-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Easy, he can't. As everything he says makes sense, in Marland

sillysod
06-26-2012, 07:09 PM
As a landlord I can say that there is no process more difficult than evicting shitty tennants.

J-hop
06-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
As a landlord I can say that there is no process more difficult than evicting shitty tennants.

well according to Mar you could just invite a herd of vagrants into your property and hopefully that would drive them out :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shlade
06-26-2012, 07:45 PM
as much as Id love to be internet tough guy and say id cut the brake lines and push the car onto the road I know I wouldnt lol. Id give CPA a call and hope to god they can come ticket the car then get a tow...

Or as much of a pain in the ass and expensive as it is you could have asked City Wide towing to give the car a short tow (which they'll do since the vehicle isnt being impounded) to said neighbor's driveway or infront of driveway..

Now that I finish typing this the more I think about it the more enjoyable it would be to do some vandalism to the car haha.

Disoblige
06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
Watching World's Worst Tenants on SpikeTV right now, and boy does it remind me that I do not want to be a landlord ever :rofl:

GTS4tw
06-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Oh he is serious, and it's very very sad.

TE4MFaint
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
+1 for Mar being an idiot.

Whats your address Mar?
I feel like parking in front of your garage door for the night.
I'm allowed to though. True story.

DeeK
06-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Here's a fun fact...

In Vancouver greater area, a homeowner can NOT request another persons vehicle to be towed, even if they parked on your property.
Only a employee for an emergency service, the parking authority, or a strata manager can request a vehicle be towed.

A homeowner can request a member of the parking authority come check out the situation and make the call. But when you phone in, a parking authority employee will be unable to respond for 12 - 72 hours, monday - friday, 9-5.

I found this out the hard way, because my neighbour's friends like to park on my driveway, walkway, grass, I'm sure they'd park on my roof if they could get up there. It's absolutely ridiculous. And despite this being a repeat thing. It's a minimum of 12 hours before a VPA employee can check it out. unreal.

This is the result of neighbours repeatedly getting each others cars towed. So, next time you're in VGA, parking lot full? park across the street on someones doorstep. Be back in under 12 hours.

:dunno:

msommers
06-26-2012, 09:48 PM
I'm picturing Mar as that robot talking guy from Grandma's Boy.

http://watthephuc.com/files/1/funny/jp-grandmas-boy5.jpg

lF5fDoC-JUk

Amysicle
06-26-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Mar
I'm kind of a genius, go figure. I'm pretty sure only you and your parents actually believe that load of shit.

Originally posted by Mar
So if you think I'm dense, call Calgary Police Services and tell them they're wrong. Or jump on the bandwagon and make fun of the guy that's been in this situation already without verifying it for yourself. 1) The guy isn't in the exact same stupid situation you got yourself into.
2) The guy is in a duplex. Are you saying the person living in one side of the duplex has every right to authorize his buddies to block the neighbour's side of the driveway/garage access just because they share a wall? Because that sounds exactly like what you're saying and I just don't see how you're right in this situation.

Tomaz
06-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I'm picturing Mar as that robot talking guy from Grandma's Boy.

:rofl:

I was almost in tears reading this. lol

kvg
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
:rofl: