PDA

View Full Version : What would you do...?

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 09:31 AM
A small business is trying to expand their online presence. They begin a Social Networking page and start gathering followers. To encourage growth they offer a contest.
At the end they declare a winner and say "we will be in touch".
That was June 1st. A gentle reminder was posted 3 weeks later. Another "we will be in touch.." Another week goes by, with nothing. It's now been 4 weeks.

WWYD?

Isaiah
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
The question is WWJD?

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
The question is WWJD?
Lol...no kidding. Although I don't really care what he would do! ;)

flipstah
06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
The question is WWJD?

Who's John? jkjkjk. I love Baby J.

Why don't you call them out in this social media platform you speak of?

Euro_Trash
06-28-2012, 09:40 AM
What was the prize?

gretz
06-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by flipstah

Who's John? jkjkjk. I love Baby J.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, lying there in your...your little ghost manger, lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental...videos lol

This ^^ I would give them the benefit of the doubt with an email stating your intentions / give them a chance to make good on the contest > If they keep messing around, make what they are doing apparent on their "platform"

Ntense_SpecV
06-28-2012, 09:46 AM
I'm assuming the prize relates to their business? So by having a contest they increased their business presence and now they're too busy to follow thru with their winner's prize...am I close?

If that's the case, I'd call them out on their page - 'firm but nicely' and remind them publicly that they need to make good on this.

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Well I don't want to be a dick, as they are an acquaintance...good people.

Originally posted by Euro_Trash
What was the prize?
A tablet.

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
I'm assuming the prize relates to their business? So by having a contest they increased their business presence and now they're too busy to follow thru with their winner's prize...am I close?

If that's the case, I'd call them out on their page - 'firm but nicely' and remind them publicly that they need to make good on this.
Bingo. And I can appreciate a new business being really busy. I just don't know when would be a proper amount of time to give them the benefit of the doubt. That's what the 3 week friendly "nudge" was. (On their site)

flipstah
06-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

I like this.

Originally posted by C_Dave45

Well I don't want to be a dick, as they are an acquaintance...good people.

It's not rigged, is it? :rofl:

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM

I like this.

It's not rigged, is it? :rofl:

Hahaha!! If it was rigged, it would DEFINITELY not have been me as the winner. But alas, it was my wife that won.
Hmmm...waiiiit a minute.... :rofl:

benyl
06-28-2012, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

good people.

Maybe not anymore.

Welching is bad, mmmkay.

austic
06-28-2012, 10:35 AM
I had the same problem but with a Charity, They had a contest with a 100$ gift card (from a sponsor) that was to be awarded. Its been 3 months and the guy keeps saying he will bring it. I suspect that guy running the contest just kept it for himself.

Now I dont want to call out a charity as what they are doing is great but their "director" is pretty shady.

raceman6135
06-28-2012, 10:38 AM
They had enough time to post a "We'll be in touch" message 3 weeks after the contest closed, but not enough time to actually get in touch with the winner?

Screw them. It would take very little time to send off a FB message/e-mail/phone message to the winner and put the tablet in the mail (or arrange for the winner to pick up).

Poor business practices this early do not bode well for them.

General pet peeve: companies that attempt "marketing" via social media, but have no idea how to do it.

wardpr68
06-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by raceman6135

General pet peeve: companies that attempt "marketing" via social media, but have no idea how to do it.

Indeed. Just because you have 20,000 "likes" means absolutely nothing unless people are viewing your message, and taking action.

Marketing return on investment. Something very very very very few companies actuallly measure.

FixedGear
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Personally, if the business was owned by a friend or acquaintance (that I considered "good people"), and I had already inquired once about the prize, I would probablly just drop the issue. I wouldn't drag my friend's business name through the mud because I didn't get the prize from a facebook contest. IMO, the success of their business is more important than me having yet another method to look up weather reports or play angry birds. :rofl:

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear
Personally, if the business was owned by a friend or acquaintance (that I considered "good people"), and I had already inquired once about the prize, I would probablly just drop the issue. I wouldn't drag my friend's business name through the mud because I didn't get the prize from a facebook contest. IMO, the success of their business is more important than me having yet another method to look up weather reports or play angry birds. :rofl: This is about how I feel. I'll just see where it goes.

TomcoPDR
06-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Is this a hardware "warehouse" store Dave?

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Nope. Lol. And stop trying to figure it out!! I'll never tell.