PDA

View Full Version : Coach Trips Opposing Teams Player...

EK 2.0
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
This morning is the first I am hearing about this. And wow...I don't even know what to say...I don't even know what i would do if I was the parent of the kid he tripped....

But apparently he was arrested and charges are going to be filed...The kid in the incident suffered a broken wrist from the fall as well...

niuTuaeZrFk

rizfarmer
06-28-2012, 10:51 AM
What a loser

flipstah
06-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Motherfucker.

~Leah~
06-28-2012, 10:59 AM
Saw this a couple days ago. This is fucking DISGUSTING. How is this person even allowed to coach? I seriously want to punch this guy between his snakey fucking eyeballs.

Sorry... it's just honestly one of the most douchey things I've seen in a while.

wardpr68
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
This doesn't surprise me at all. So many coaches out there take CHILDREN'S sports far too seriously.

I ref ball hockey on occasion and just a few weeks ago I was reffing a U-9 game.... yes.... U-9.

A kid was going after another kid with the ball and kind of swung his stick in there to knock the ball lose. As he did this, the kid with the ball tripped over his own feet and fell.

No whistle was blown on the play, but the coach immediately ran out onto the floor and screamed "THAT WAS A FUCKING SLASH!!!!" in front of kids who are 7 and 8.

That is just one story.... I have honestly seen it all, this is just one case where it was actually caught on tape.

swak
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Thats fucking sick.

What happened to the 'spirit of sport'? Absolutely ridiculous.
Absolutely ridiculous.

I've been tripped before on the ice, but you get back up and shake their hand after (regardless who you are)... You don't do something fucking stupid like that.

JRSC00LUDE
06-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Definately a guy who's name deserves to be in the media. He's likely just a typical idiot hot-head who will benefit from a very public shaming.

I would hope that assault charges would stick though in addition to that.

Ntense_SpecV
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM
That coach is a huge douche. I do wonder if the kid he tripped was a chirpy kid throughout the game and got under the coach's skin. I in no way condone what happened but I remember being a 13 yr old kid who would at times be a little bastard when I played baseball.

sputnik
06-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68
This doesn't surprise me at all. So many coaches and parents out there take CHILDREN'S sports far too seriously.

Fixed.

A buddy of mine has been a hockey ref for years (mostly ref-ing kids between 12-16) and he said that parents and coaches are TERRIBLE when it comes to kids hockey.

Everyone thinks their kid/player is the next Sid and will make them millions.

wardpr68
06-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Fixed.

A buddy of mine has been a hockey ref for years (mostly ref-ing kids between 12-16) and he said that parents and coaches are TERRIBLE when it comes to kids hockey.

Everyone thinks their kid/player is the next Sid and will make them millions.

Excellent fix. My last game reffing there was some mom in the stands who was SCREAMING "OH FUCK COME ON REF! HOW IS THAT NOT A CALL YOU FUCKING MORON!!!"

Little did she know, the other referee had his arm up for the penalty as he had a much better view of it than I did. Once the whistle went and he called out the penalty I looked at her and just shook my head. She looked rather embarassed. Dumb bitch.

anarchy
06-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
That coach is a huge douche. I do wonder if the kid he tripped was a chirpy kid throughout the game and got under the coach's skin. I in no way condone what happened but I remember being a 13 yr old kid who would at times be a little bastard when I played baseball.

Saw this on TSN the other day, what a disgrace this guy was. I'm surprised someone didn't punch him out that night.

From what's being reported, the kid scored the opening goal and was celebrating in front of the other team's bench. Coach D-bag didn't like that and started yelling at the kid who then flipped him the bird. The rest of the game the coach was yelling at him every chance he got.

The coach's team actually won the game too.

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Excellent fix. My last game reffing there was some mom in the stands who was SCREAMING "OH FUCK COME ON REF! HOW IS THAT NOT A CALL YOU FUCKING MORON!!!"

Little did she know, the other referee had his arm up for the penalty as he had a much better view of it than I did. Once the whistle went and he called out the penalty I looked at her and just shook my head. She looked rather embarassed. Dumb bitch.

Haha. Nice. Yeah nothing surprises me anymore. That very rink is where I played all my minor hockey.
But yes, parents and coaches can be douches. I was coaching my son's Atom team and during a stoppage in play in one game a Mom from the other team came down to our bench, screaming at me telling me "to get my little bastards under control"... (our forwards stick was lifted by their D-man and it clacked off their goalies mask. Yes her son). The goalie didn't even blink, refs saw it, no one even realized it but her. She reached through the partition, grabbed me by my jacket and punched me square between the eyes knocking my hat off. I was laughing and called the refs over to stop the game and have her thrown out. They had to hunt her down. She was hiding in the ladies washroom.

~Leah~
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by anarchy

Saw this on TSN the other day, what a disgrace this guy was. I'm surprised someone didn't punch him out that night.

From what's being reported, the kid scored the opening goal and was celebrating in front of the other team's bench. Coach D-bag didn't like that and started yelling at the kid who then flipped him the bird. The rest of the game the coach was yelling at him every chance he got.

The coach's team actually won the game too.

Not saying it's okay for a kid to be douchey but someone has to be the adult in the situation... and I'm looking at the adult to take on that role. It's called growing up.

Offroad
06-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Easy fix....kick them both out...zero tolerance....but the coach is the adult so he is the bigger douche:facepalm:

bourge73
06-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Where was this? I heard after he was shooting the finger to the entire crowd, kind of disappointed and surprised nobody beat the shit of that ahole

C_Dave45
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by bourge73
Where was this? I heard after he was shooting the finger to the entire crowd, kind of disappointed and surprised nobody beat the shit of that ahole
Thunderbird arena at UBC.
I heard it was the kid that flipped his finger after he showboated in front of their bench after scoring a goal.

max_boost
06-28-2012, 05:50 PM
Dick move.

frozenrice
06-28-2012, 07:10 PM

I ref ball hockey on occasion and just a few weeks ago I was reffing a U-9 game.... yes.... U-9.

What teams were playing? One of my kids plays U9 ball hockey......

kaput
06-28-2012, 07:27 PM

wardpr68
06-29-2012, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice

What teams were playing? One of my kids plays U9 ball hockey......

U9 wildcats and wolves on Sunday, June 24th.

HyperZell
06-29-2012, 08:40 AM
The other coach should have benched the kid after he flipped the other team the bird. Not the type of behavior any one should condone.

frozenrice
06-29-2012, 01:09 PM

U9 wildcats and wolves on Sunday, June 24th.

LOL. He's on one of those teams. BTW, excellent job refereeing. Probably one of the better reffed games I've seen all season.
I don't recall the incident you are talking about though.

JayDoggExclusiv
06-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I doubt the kid broke his wrist or sprained it, they deal with worse events in a game of hockey but regardless that man should be charged and should never be allowed to coach a hockey team again. Some people take shit way to serious.

wardpr68
06-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

LOL. He's on one of those teams. BTW, excellent job refereeing. Probably one of the better reffed games I've seen all season.
I don't recall the incident you are talking about though.

It was the last like 20 seconds of the game. Far side boards in front of his teams bench.

Thanks. I try to let the players decide the game.

Kobe
07-11-2012, 05:31 PM
This made Tosh.0 Season S04E17 :)