PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have AutoSlalom experience?

Kramerica
06-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I bought an 80s VW a week ago as a winter beater/project car and wanted to have some fun with it, I was looking at the CSCC Autoslalom events and was wondering if it would be any fun going on my own (friends aren't exactly car enthusiasts) and what I could expect. Any experiences would be great!

Modelexis
06-29-2012, 11:14 PM
I've gone alone to events and it's perfectly fine, all the guys are friendly so nothing to worry about there. Enter an event and try it out, at least if you don't like it you can say you gave it a shot.

DannyO
06-30-2012, 10:35 AM
I started doing autocross and rallycross a while back and most the time went on my own (lame friends also :D), now I know a fair few people that are regulars and still meet new people, like Modelexis said, the people are very friendly, and there are a few that come on their own as well.

I highly recommend it.

MGCM
06-30-2012, 04:08 PM
X2 the above 2 posts, sent u a PM, the above 2 posts sums up everything i was gunna say. Tons of great ppl to talk to, even if i cant race i will sometimes go volunteer, there is a wealth of knowledge among the various club members and everytime i goto an event i come out of it with tons of new knowledge about cars and racing.

Kramerica
07-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, definitely going to register for an event in august. Sorry MGCM I got your PM but just haven't had the time to reply, when I get the chance I will.

NRGie
07-02-2012, 07:49 PM
How would one register/ get more info for this?

I've been really interested but not sure where to start.

Thanks

toastgremlin
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by NRGie
How would one register/ get more info for this?

I've been really interested but not sure where to start.

Thanks Depending on the event, you can either drop in or pre-register on Karelo.com (check under "Driving Events") for an event. Karelo has the complete event calendar so it's easy to see what events are around and sign up with a few clicks.

Pre-registration is way better because it's easy for an event to fill up rapidly in the last few hours and you'll have gotten up early for nothing.

It's absolutely worth going. Everyone will help you if you ask. If you don't know what to ask for, ask for someone experienced to ride along with you and make sure to join the newbie coursewalk.

You can also poke around on the CSCC forum (http://cscc.speedracer.ca) if you want some more general background information.

Murray Peterson
07-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Check on the CSCC and SASC forums for upcoming events at Red Deer (Westerner) or Fort Macleod. Either club allows walks-ins -- only Deerfoot was limited to pre-reg only.

Show up at 8:30 and we will get you going for a day of fun!