PDA

View Full Version : Watch price match?

germanmuscle
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Does anyone know of any local retailers who price match (or even come close) to online prices?

flipstah
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
What brand?

kvg
07-02-2012, 06:20 PM
I have never heard of a retailer that price matches against online prices, unless it's a local retailers web site with prices.

Canmorite
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by germanmuscle
Does anyone know of any local retailers who price match (or even come close) to online prices?

I asked at 'Watch It' and they said no. Even from Amazon, Watch It said they couldn't guarantee the watches were authentic. Didn't really buy it, they wouldn't even budge on the price.

$495 at Watch It, $300 shipped from Amazon.ca :dunno:

EG6boi
07-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

I asked at 'Watch It' and they said no. Even from Amazon, Watch It said they couldn't guarantee the watches were authentic. Didn't really buy it, they wouldn't even budge on the price.

I heard that Amazon.ca sell genuine products from grey markets so they are cheaper; however, since they are not authorized re-sellers,thats how they can sell it for cheaper. Although you're not getting factory warranty or anything, it is best you buy online if you're wanting to get a deal.

I've never heard of any retailer price matching online prices. Especially when they are not 'authorized re-sellers', they are not selling at the price the retailer would like them to sell them at, etc.

96integra
07-02-2012, 11:55 PM

FYI: Watch It employees are allowed to give you up to 20% off any item so try to ask around :thumbsup:

flipstah
07-03-2012, 07:39 AM
My probably wouldn't say blatantly if they're willing to price match but say that you were comparing and you saw lower prices around.

germanmuscle
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
I was looking at the following brands:

Bulova
Invitica
Tissot
Citizen

But ya some of the watches in store are like 400+ more than online!

Neil4Speed
07-03-2012, 09:41 PM
I was looking at the following brands:

Bulova
Invitica
Tissot
Citizen

But ya some of the watches in store are like 400+ more than online!

All of those should have allot of room to move. I wouldn't expect a price match in store, but definite room for negotiation

assylo
07-03-2012, 11:46 PM
in stores, definitely.

you can always try emailing the online retailer, if will totally depend on that particular vendor.

germanmuscle
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Ya I was down at the mall the other day looking at a few different things. As soon as I said how much I have seen some of them for the employees just go off on how they are fake and ect

flipstah
07-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Ya I was down at the mall the other day looking at a few different things. As soon as I said how much I have seen some of them for the employees just go off on how they are fake and ect

They'll tell anything to get people buy retail. They'd probably throw their grandmother under the bus for a sale. :rofl:

I kid... Retail people are allllrrriiiggghhhtttt. :)

EG6boi
07-06-2012, 02:59 AM
Not exactly related to thread post, but does anybody know if any jewelry store price match for Tag Heuers?

HNF88
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM

There are many variables that come to match pricing to online stores. S&H, Costumes charge, unnecessary taxes depending on the shipping, and a bunch of other bs charges. And the matter of fact that the watch could be fake.

As well, why wait for a watch to be shipped to you in 5-10 business days, or even a month? when you could get it today?

I manage the "Watch It!" in Chinook and hear customers coming in asking all the time.

As well most (if not all) retail stores would not price match to ANY website. Price matches are common only if the competitors prices are in close proximity to the store, mall, or city. With one phone call away to confirm the actual price matching to the EXACT same Model/#.

If you want to get a sick ass discount... smooth talk. Not everyone here is gonna easily just toss out 20% out here and there.. especially on certain brands like Nixon, Fossil Group, etc...

or pm me haha

:D

rage2
07-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by EG6boi
Not exactly related to thread post, but does anybody know if any jewelry store price match for Tag Heuers?
No store would price match online prices, but CJ's will come close depending on model. Problem is some of the more common TH's are discounted huge online, close to 50%, and no store locally will come close to that.

What watch are you looking at?

HNF88
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
ahhh just realized, Amazon.ca.. not .com big difference..

What I would recommend. Buy it online.

EG6boi
07-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by rage2

No store would price match online prices, but CJ's will come close depending on model. Problem is some of the more common TH's are discounted huge online, close to 50%, and no store locally will come close to that.

What watch are you looking at?

Possibly a Formula 1? I saw a couple of older models online that were going for $800-900 but it doesn't come with warranty papers, etc.

rage2
07-06-2012, 06:13 PM
I dont think they can order any of the old models anymore.

flipstah
07-06-2012, 06:16 PM
If youre planning to go to Vegas in the near future, there's a TH outlet there.

;)

EG6boi
07-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
If youre planning to go to Vegas in the near future, there's a TH outlet there.

;)

Sweet, I'll definitely look into that for sure. :thumbsup:

I dont think they can order any of the old models anymore.

Yeah, I was looking at the newer models of Formula 1 but I want the WAH product code, instead of the new WAU. If I was to purchase online, some of these retailers are not authorized dealers of Tag Heuer. How can you tell a TH is authentic?

rage2
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
What's the exact model # you want?

Online depends on the dealers, there are some verified good grey market online shops.

EG6boi
07-06-2012, 09:06 PM
What's the exact model # you want?

Online depends on the dealers, there are some verified good grey market online shops.

Tag Heuer Formula 1 - WAH1110.BA0858

jsn
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by EG6boi

I heard that Amazon.ca sell genuine products from grey markets so they are cheaper; however, since they are not authorized re-sellers,thats how they can sell it for cheaper. Although you're not getting factory warranty or anything, it is best you buy online if you're wanting to get a deal.

I've never heard of any retailer price matching online prices. Especially when they are not 'authorized re-sellers', they are not selling at the price the retailer would like them to sell them at, etc.

This. When I bought my Tissot, calgary jewelers would only offer me 15% off. I bought my Hamilton from amazon.ca and got 400 dollars off. That was basically 40% off the retail value on the Hamilton site. It was quite alot cheaper, but like mentioned, you don't get the factory warranty. I bought mine directly from amazon and not from another store that sells via amazon. They're large enough that they're quite reputable and have very good customer service, at least in my experiences. Maybe you can get 40% locally if you know the manager or are a regular customer, but I don't have any connections nor am I a good haggler.

JLau
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
i bet if you have good skills, any dealer you go to will give you a very reasonable discount.

I got 30% off my watch at Brinkhaus, and got about the same discount on a Gucci watch at Anne Louise

I could have saved more if i bought online or in the states or even asia, but the service and the feeling of trying and buying is very important to me, so i rather pay a bit more to buy locally.