PDA

View Full Version : skeet shooting in calgary?

asp integra
07-09-2012, 07:59 PM
ive always wanted to do this but have no idea if there is anywhere in Calgary or area to go skeet shooting? I dont have a gun or anything but a place where you could go and have everything provided would be great

gruster
07-09-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.aheia.com/serve_content.cfm?Page=Firearms%20Centre

/thread

Amysicle
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
LadyLuck mentioned http://www.silverwillow.ca/ in the Team Building thread.

Someone else had mentioned going skeet shooting near COP in the same thread.

Masked Bandit
07-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Anywhere in the NE should be good to go...

J/K

The Calgary Firearms Centre, just South of town. I went out there with my brother about a year ago and it was a BLAST...

is this thing on?

Hamann
07-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Ask people in the Gun Thread, most people are quite happy to take someone out and show them the ropes. $18 gets you 250 Clays from Bass Pro and $30 gets you 100 Shells from Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart (You would need to person you're going with to buy the ammo as I assume you don't have a PAL). Then it's about 40min to an hour depending on where you are to get out to Homestead range.

Great way to spend an afternoon, and quite a bit cheaper then going to an actual range and paying for ammo and targets there.

Lagerstatten.ca
07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
The Calgary Firearms Centre in DeWinton, also known as AHEIA (Alberta Hunters Education Instructors Association) has "trap" and "skeet" shooting available to the public year round.

Trap is you standing stationary and the clays are shot out away from you.

Skeet is setup in a semi circle with two houses that shoot out the clays. You move along the edge of the semi-circle along 7 different shooting positions, and an 8th position in the center between the two houses.

I've only done skeet at the Calgary Firearms Centre and it's $17.50 per round including shotshells and the clays. If you need to rent a shotgun, it'll be an added cost.

It's a lot of fun shooting skeet. In a group of 4, it takes about an hour to finish a round (24 clays).

-TT

JZS_147
07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
awww skeet skeet skeet

civicrider
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
So you can just drop in and they supply guns and ammo for you?

Tomaz
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Hamann
Ask people in the Gun Thread, most people are quite happy to take someone out and show them the ropes. $18 gets you 250 Clays from Bass Pro and $30 gets you 100 Shells from Canadian Tire or Wal-Mart (You would need to person you're going with to buy the ammo as I assume you don't have a PAL). Then it's about 40min to an hour depending on where you are to get out to Homestead range.

Great way to spend an afternoon, and quite a bit cheaper then going to an actual range and paying for ammo and targets there.

Ding!

It's how I learned. Once I get my range fixed up, I'll see if I can arrange some of the guys to come out.

LadyLuck
07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
LadyLuck mentioned http://www.silverwillow.ca/ in the Team Building thread.

Someone else had mentioned going skeet shooting near COP in the same thread.

Yep! Been there twice now with the co-workers and it was a great time! Highly recommend.

KRyn
07-12-2012, 10:15 AM
I go and shoot simulated skeet / trap every weekend with a couple of guys at Sibbald. We set up our equipment and shoot pairs for a couple of hours. If you want to come I would have no problem having you a long.