PDA

View Full Version : Review: The Oak Room

flipstah
07-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Now that I'm a downtown rat, I'm now able to explore DT Calgary and see more of what this great city has to offer.

Yesterday, my new team lead took us out to The Oak Room, which was apparently used to be a smoking room for the Palliser.

- The Oak Room (Palliser Hotel)
133 9th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2P2M3

Food: 4/5

I had the Bison burger and it was one of the best burgers I've tasted. It wasn't too big nor too rich in the flavourness. It was just right. Sweet potato fries were seasoned just enough to bring out the unique flavor of the sweet potato and not overpowered by salt.

It's not your typical 'good' burger; loaded with cheese with a patty bigger than your palm. That's a different kind of goodness, lol.

Ambience: 4/5

The decor would be of typical classy 30's style. It's what life would be like if I had a tophat and smoked pipes while talking about rail stock. I've never eaten in a lounge seat/loveseat before other than my house so quite a comfy, unique experience.

Service: 3.5/5

Service was a bit long for my comfort, especially since it wasn't busy because of Stampede week. It could be better but I've had worse.

Price was a bit out there but for what I ordered, I thought it's worth it. I didn't pay so it was even better :rofl:

Overall: 3.8/5