PDA

View Full Version : Integra Tire (Douglasdale) - Review

Vagabond142
07-11-2012, 10:26 AM
This will be a two part review, as my service is still ongoing as I type this.

PART 1

My Mazda 626, when I bought it, had balding on the tires around the outside edge, pointing to some serious toe out issues. So, I looked around, read some reviews of where people suggested to go get a proper alignment done, and Integra Tire kept coming up as a highly rated place.

I now know why.

I received a call from the mechanic working on my car ~9:10 this morning, and, knowing that I am not the most mechanically inclined person (I am a far better driver than I am a mechanic :D ), he used easy to understand descriptions and examples to explain over the phone that my left front tie rod end and ball joint were shot and needed replacement. Kudos to the mechanic for making sure I understood completely what I was paying for, and taking the time to make sure I understood (he even asked multiple times "this make sense? this clear? still with me?" etc)

Now, the surprising thing here is I was bracing and cringing and already had the K-Y out to lube up my ass like whenever I had to deal with Midas in the past, when he said, "parts are $65 and labor is about $80 before tax, with tax you're looking at just around $155 on top of the alignment, for around $265-$270 total"

(blink blink)

He quoted me one hour of labor, when I know that the process of replacing the parts will take ~40-50 minutes. He did not try to double sell on hours, he did not try to sell me unnecessary parts. He said (paraphrased) "your left front wheel has an inch of wobble, which needs to be repaired before the alignment can be done accurately. These two parts will fix it, as they are both loose and worn."

The mechanic was up front and honest, explained to me exactly what needed to be done, the time involved, how it would be done and quoted me an honest work time, with honest parts prices. The key word here: Honesty.

I haven't even paid yet and I know that I will be going back to Integra in the future for any needs regarding tires, suspension, or alignments. The professionalism of the staff has won me over, and I have no problem recommending them to anyone that asks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hurrdurr
07-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Wait until the replacement runs 5 minutes late and you end up paying for two hours before you judge a "quote"

Vagabond142
07-11-2012, 01:28 PM
And the verdict is.... awesome!

Final price $267. Wayne (their desk guy/front end manager I assume) called and gave the the results (rears had severe toe issues, left rear was actually cambered out as well), the price, and took my credit card over the phone, waiting until it had finished processing before continuing on. As I am not going to be able to make it down there until after work, they have put the keys in a secret place for me to get them, and as well as the invoice in the glovebox, in the service history folio there.

What has astounded me, honestly, is the outright professionalism shown by all members of their staff, as well as their friendly demeanor and attitude, and willingness to answer my (to them probably basic and "stupid") questions without hesitation, as if I were their only customer.

Very impressed. Honest, upfront, friendly, and knowledgeable.