PDA

View Full Version : Don Cherry in trouble again...

fast95pony
02-06-2004, 08:15 PM
All I'll say is : Don for Prime Minister ! :D

Damn Frenchies ..:english:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=841&ncid=841&e=2&u=/nm/20040206/wl_canada_nm/canada_life_icehockey_col

hockeybronx
02-06-2004, 09:19 PM
:werd: to Cherry.

Hell he knows more about hockey than anyone else in the damn country and it's true.

Anybody who tries to act like a tough guy but hides behind his visor is a flat out pussy regardless of nationality.

Exhibit 1 - Denis Gauthier (I'm so tough, I'll fight anyone as long as they have to punch through my visor to hurt me):thumbsdow

hjr
02-06-2004, 09:53 PM
OMG!!!!! WHO CARES??????? the europans and french wear visors. uuuuuoooooo aahhhhhhhh, might burn. NOT. what a bunch of pussies

RiCE-DaDDy
02-06-2004, 11:37 PM
complete overeaction, it was just a stereotype not a racist remark.

sexualbanana
02-08-2004, 12:46 AM
It's not even a stereotype! If anything, it's kind of a lame attempt at one.

As far as I'm concerned, "OMG! Europeans and the French wear visors!!" is the same kind of statement as "The Scottish wear skirts/kilts!" It's not like it was derogatory or anything.

The MP who took offense to it is saying it implies the French are wimps. The Scottish comment I made is more offensive than that and the Scottish people I know could care less.

Weapon_R
02-08-2004, 06:25 AM
Don Cherry is a moron

T5_X
02-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Don Cherry is a fucking retard. I can't stand that peice of shit.

Why the fuck would you NOT wear at least a 1/2 visor? Its like those fucking retards who don't wear a full face guard riding a motorbike. People think it makes them look "tough" or "cool," personally, I think it gives them a look that reflects thier lack of brains.

How bout we give Don Cherry a helmet without a face guard and have him stand in front of an Al MacInnis slapshot.

davidI
02-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by T5_X

Why the fuck would you NOT wear at least a 1/2 visor? Its like those fucking retards who don't wear a full face guard riding a motorbike. People think it makes them look "tough" or "cool," personally, I think it gives them a look that reflects thier lack of brains.

If you wear a visor you pretty much can't start a fight without getting an extra instigator penalty so in reality they are pussies because often they do nasty stick work etc. but they won't/can't drop the gloves because they're hiding behind a shield.

SwitchBlade
02-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Big deal, he tells it like it is, and either you love him or hate him for it. I dont see whats so controversial about it. It would be a bigger controversy if Ron Mclean grabbed Don Cherry's plaid suit and it ripped apart revealing his metal nipple piercing.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by davidI

If you wear a visor you pretty much can't start a fight without getting an extra instigator penalty so in reality they are pussies because often they do nasty stick work etc. but they won't/can't drop the gloves because they're hiding behind a shield.

but not every visor player is a pussy that does nasty stick work and plays dirty.

hjr
02-08-2004, 10:21 PM
ok, i personally think visors are the way to go. safty and all. and cherry is also allowed his opinion. why the hell would anyone car about some lame bairly bairly offensive comment. no body said shit when he talks about europeans but 1 stupid little comment about the french and the fucking language minister is shitting his pants??? Whats with that. tell me, what?

lam-boy
02-09-2004, 02:40 AM
i'd rather be called a pussy than have no teeth/eyevision hahaha

then we will see who laughs.

colinderksen
02-09-2004, 03:41 AM
A. Cant get hit with a McInnis slapshot, he's injured. ;)
B. Who cares who wears a visor,if they want to no big deal. Domi is now wearing one and when he wants to fight he just throws off his bucket. Look at the replays of the eye injuries, how many would have been saved by a visor....NONE. No sticks are going straight at you they come from the bottom. So they would just go under the visor.
I like somethings Cherry says and disagree with him too, my main annoyance is the CBC's campaign of "Lets only talk about and cover the Leafs". It makes me sick to see them every single week and have to hear about them. Half the visors now are only 4" long, it barely covers anything anyways.
This visor issue is overrated, I would have rather not worn one in Junior but it wasnt such a big deal. They are grown men, the only way that they are going to make them wear them is if the league institutes it (which would never happen with Goodenow and the NHLPA) or if owners write it into contracts (that players wouldnt sign)

Lets move onto the topic of the league wanting a salarie cap.

DJ Lazy
02-09-2004, 09:01 AM
The whole fucking sport of NHL has gone downhill FAST in the past couple years... Everyone plays dirty its seems like (some more than others)... Its only common sense to wear a visor for eye protection... For the guys who never use to wear one and have gotten smoked in the face are pretty much wearing one now, and they admit that they would prefer not to becuz they fog up, get water on them, etc but they value their health enuf to wear it.... :dunno:

but really.....................................................................:whocares:

davidI
02-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

but not every visor player is a pussy that does nasty stick work and plays dirty.

That's why I said often :guns:

Colin Derksen is right though. It's sweet that guys like Domi wear one but will rip it off to scrap - that's how it should be done :thumbsup:

T5_X
02-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by colinderksen
A. Cant get hit with a McInnis slapshot, he's injured. ;)
B. Who cares who wears a visor,if they want to no big deal. Domi is now wearing one and when he wants to fight he just throws off his bucket. Look at the replays of the eye injuries, how many would have been saved by a visor....NONE. No sticks are going straight at you they come from the bottom. So they would just go under the visor.
I like somethings Cherry says and disagree with him too, my main annoyance is the CBC's campaign of "Lets only talk about and cover the Leafs". It makes me sick to see them every single week and have to hear about them. Half the visors now are only 4" long, it barely covers anything anyways.
This visor issue is overrated, I would have rather not worn one in Junior but it wasnt such a big deal. They are grown men, the only way that they are going to make them wear them is if the league institutes it (which would never happen with Goodenow and the NHLPA) or if owners write it into contracts (that players wouldnt sign)

Lets move onto the topic of the league wanting a salarie cap.

Haha, Iginla can take over the duty of pelting him then.

Totally agreed on the Leafs thing. I don't get cable, I only get the double header on Saturday on CBC so I get mighty pissed when I see coverage of the fucking leafs over a western team, only time I'll watch the Leafs game is if one of the best teams in the league is playing them or another Canadian team is playing. The Leafs represent shitty goon hockey, the decline of the NHL.

DeSi
02-09-2004, 10:46 AM
man hes said worse shit, no need to get touchy over it.

403Gemini
02-09-2004, 01:05 PM
don cherries a fuckin idiot. he knows a lot about hockey? how you figure? he played the sport professionaly for ONE year ?! wow. that almost makes me blow my was on his professionalism. look at all his videos, all he gives 2 shits about is people hitting other peeps, not the sport itself. he doesnt give credit to the higher scorer's or the good players, he focuses all his attention on the "TOUGH GUYS" lol you know the guys with no teeth.

and i believe his comment is north amercan players are tough guys, not like those european and french sissies.

:rolleyes: right cause they play the sport for the right reason

i personally think there should be a salary cap... lets face it, they're being paid MILLIONS for playing a sport. a sport where if any of us wants to play in a league, we hafta PAY to be in it.

wtf is with that?

DJ Lazy
02-09-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
i personally think there should be a salary cap... lets face it, they're being paid MILLIONS for playing a sport. a sport where if any of us wants to play in a league, we hafta PAY to be in it.

wtf is with that?

What about other sports... I am gonna use golf as an example, even if ppl on here don't think of it as a "Sport". But the PGA players makes loads of cash.. but they aren't getting paid by a team.. they win there earnings. if you play like shit, you get paid like shit, if you win, you WIN!!:D

I agree that there should be a salary cap... but it gets iffy when you compare world class players to your local bantam hockey team... :dunno:

RiCE-DaDDy
02-09-2004, 04:46 PM
76% of any and all NHL revenues are spent on player salaries...Clearly the league is messed and needs reforms!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-all-star-bettman&prov=ap&type=lgns

88CRX
02-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Am i the only one that thinks don cherry is an idiot and doesnt really know what the hell he's talking about?

1 - He's a Leafs fan = always bitching about how the leafs are getting picked on etc, etc, etc

2 - The visor comement is pure BS. Eyes > Respect or your image.

3 - His comment on Crosby :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :whocares:

4 - His fuckin comment telling all the young Canadian players how to play. :thumbsdow He isnt all that smart :dunno:

5 - Its not "cool" to be a racist on national televison

Does anyone else ever notice how he always, always, always harps on the dam bullshit topics :dunno: I'd rather listen to Ron McLain (sp) for 10 minutes.

RiCE-DaDDy
02-09-2004, 07:49 PM
he always makes fun of mclean !