PDA

View Full Version : Where do people go?????

silenttype23
09-17-2002, 06:28 PM
With no wars intended, and no negative comments or experiences.........I just want to know where the people of Calgary go to buy parts, get installs, etc. Just give/click the Name of the shop. Thats all:thumbsup:

silenttype23
09-17-2002, 06:34 PM
The reason for this is because I heard that a couple of people from the states are planning to open up a new shop in Calgary

ninspeed
09-17-2002, 06:37 PM
I have been using mopac.. But i plan on going to RPM for the civic i am bulding up. Tunerworks for my buddies datsun 280zx, and probally tuner works again for another friends BMW..

dsolgirl
09-17-2002, 07:03 PM
autozeal... because alan's "the sh*t"! :D :clap: :D

Ben
09-17-2002, 07:04 PM
you should allow multiple votes, some people shop at more than one very regularly

ls/vtec-crx
09-18-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by dsolgirl
autozeal... because alan's "the sh*t"! :D :clap: :D

SWEEEEEET. Thanks PIMPETTE

2000impreza
09-18-2002, 11:02 AM
i go to autozeal for dress up stuff....lol. for actual performance parts... not sure.

kevie88
09-18-2002, 12:52 PM
I ordered some energy suspension engine mounts from AutoZeal -about three months ago..*sigh*. They are supposedly either stuck at the border or in production, so I'm hoping they might come in before next summer. :rolleyes: (no offence to anyone who works there :D(seriously, I understand shit happens, I used to work in the motorcycle biz and I know how industries like those work)

The guys at speedville were pretty darn good to me the last time I was there, Carl really went out of his way to help me out. I'd definately recommend them to others!!

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 01:00 PM
oh man....
my springs are on the 4th month of waiting from autozeal, and dont even get me started on carl

Kevie88: he's a good guy, and he'll give you AMAZING deals, but i wont be going back again. and neither will the other 274 people he's pissed off. i can honestly write you a list in another thread of about 10 customer rides he's f*cked up...

max_boost
09-18-2002, 01:26 PM
I shop everywhere, each shop offers something different to meet my modding needs

CA18DET
09-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Yeah allan is a pimpette

shadowz
09-18-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by kevie88
I ordered some energy suspension engine mounts from AutoZeal -about three months ago..*sigh*. They are supposedly either stuck at the border or in production, so I'm hoping they might come in before next summer. :rolleyes: (no offence to anyone who works there :D(seriously, I understand shit happens, I used to work in the motorcycle biz and I know how industries like those work)

The guys at speedville were pretty darn good to me the last time I was there, Carl really went out of his way to help me out. I'd definately recommend them to others!!

Im sorry! I call once a week, theyre still not here, thanks for your patience Kevin

4G63Power
09-18-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Im sorry! I call once a week, theyre still not here, thanks for your patience Kevin

We'll then maybe you should call twice a week :D

j/k nick

ninjak84
09-18-2002, 08:46 PM
oh yeah, my springs were ordered from contemporary, not autozeal
maybe thats my mistake right there

ancient
09-18-2002, 11:04 PM
Ya I actually heard Canadian Tire has a catalog with all Ricer stuff in it...... You can't actually get it in the stores, but you can order it out of their catalog....... They have like EVERYTHING apparently, I haven't seen this for myself but I thought it would be interesting.......

Sorta like walmarts "car section"

dsolgirl
09-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ancient
Ya I actually heard Canadian Tire has a catalog with all Ricer stuff in it...... You can't actually get it in the stores, but you can order it out of their catalog....... They have like EVERYTHING apparently, I haven't seen this for myself but I thought it would be interesting.......

i think they sell alot of the apc stuff... tails, gauges etc. i'm not sure how competitive they would be for prices though :dunno:

HOK
09-19-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ancient

yea!!! what f**kin ever..!!! Crap Tire i went there.. and i said gimme your iridium plugs... and the guy sat there and siad... what is that? some type of precious metal? i go spark plugs you have them.. he said are you sure? i've never heard of iridium... i gave him the part number and he types it in.. and voila.. and then he goes... these must be new... is this a new technology... ? btw i bought them like 3 times there and they always charge me for 2 (one pack) only because they can't count.

WTF???? common...

2000impreza
09-19-2002, 06:01 AM
the parts guys at crappy tire are pretty useless. last week i went there for a exhaust gasket. i give the guys the specs. 2.5" piping, bolt type, space between the holes,...etc. so then the guy asks me which car it was for. i siad "subaru" he types it in his computer comes back with a stock gasket. i told him i needed a 2.5" one with the specs i gave him. he siad he didn't have a listing for it. then i asked him to take a quick look because it can't be that hard to find.... he was too lazy to go take a look so he just told me to go to their back parts room to look for it myself. sure enough i did find the right ones.

shortly after i find the gasket he tells me i should go look at their car section... they just got some new products in.... MY GOD WTF:madred:

kevie88
09-19-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by shadowz

Like I said, don't sweat it, I understand how it goes!