PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Protein Shake

hockeybronx
02-06-2004, 09:32 PM
This is for everyone who can't handle the taste of protein powder.

1 cup - apple or orange juice
1 teaspoon - flax or olive oil
3/4 cup - low fat yogurt
1 scoop - Interactive ISO-Whey Protein Powder

Blend it up and chug it back. It makes you feel full and is good solid protein. About 25 grams per shake.

Drink about 5-7 litres of water per day, get a good exercise program and you'll be good to go. It's hard to stay motivated though.

Wildcat
02-06-2004, 09:39 PM
thats an interesting shake, i might have to try it out to see what it tastes like. it does'nt suit my program tho, the protein shake i take has over 70g of protein and over 820 calories when mixed with milk. tastes chocolatey good :)

hockeybronx
02-06-2004, 09:48 PM
70 grams of protein? What is it?

EG STyLeZ
02-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
thats an interesting shake, i might have to try it out to see what it tastes like. it does'nt suit my program tho, the protein shake i take has over 70g of protein and over 820 calories when mixed with milk. tastes chocolatey good :)

Holy shit, 70g of protein and 820 calories, that's nuts! Must be meant for bulking up.

ninspeed
02-06-2004, 09:53 PM
i like 2 shots of 151 and a nice iced glass of pepsi... now thats smooth :D.... thanks for the tip.. i have been trying them drinks lately and found them to be not so flavourable (if thats a word)

Wildcat
02-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by EG STyLeZ

Holy shit, 70g of protein and 820 calories, that's nuts! Must be meant for bulking up.

ya, its a weight gainer. GNC brand "mega mass" mixed with 1% milk

cman
02-06-2004, 10:16 PM
where would i buy "mega mass"?

EG STyLeZ
02-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cman
where would i buy "mega mass"?

Probably most GNC stores i'm guessing?

ehos
02-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Is there any weight gainer that doesn't taste like well, crap? :)

Any time I try protien shakes etc, I feel like throwing up. Does this stuff really taste ok?

inspire
02-06-2004, 11:43 PM
Have you tried ultra-nutrition's Methoxy whey??
It is pretty good, about 20+grams of protein....very light...i just add in some powdered nestle quik! and it taste great!!
try!

as for weight gainers.....i havent tried any yet, but i just bought some n-large2 and havent tried it yet, will try it tmr!

ecstasy_civic
02-07-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
This is for everyone who can't handle the taste of protein powder.

1 cup - apple or orange juice
1 teaspoon - flax or olive oil
3/4 cup - low fat yogurt
1 scoop - Interactive ISO-Whey Protein Powder

Blend it up and chug it back. It makes you feel full and is good solid protein. About 25 grams per shake.

Drink about 5-7 litres of water per day, get a good exercise program and you'll be good to go. It's hard to stay motivated though.

Hmmm sounds interesting, I currently take 3 shakes a day of 33g of protein 6g of carbs.

But 5-7L of water seems to be alot, I drink 2-3L per workout and usually max of 2L after workout.

Moonracer
02-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Wildcat

ya, its a weight gainer. GNC brand "mega mass" mixed with 1% milk

beefcake........BEEFCAKE! :D

ecstasy_civic
02-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Have you noticed a big difference with the mega mass?
Im a decent size now
5'10 200lbs but wouldnt mind another 10 or so more:D

illeagle
02-07-2004, 01:36 AM
my dad uses GNC mega mass along with some other stuff, and he ballooned. i'm guessing an exrta 10 lbs.. i don't know how long though.. he has tried 4 other brands, but he sticks with GNC..

ecstasy_civic
02-07-2004, 01:38 AM
hmmm ill look into it.:)

hockeybronx
02-07-2004, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

Hmmm sounds interesting, I currently take 3 shakes a day of 33g of protein 6g of carbs.

But 5-7L of water seems to be alot, I drink 2-3L per workout and usually max of 2L after workout.

I've heard you can never have too much water. The benefits of water are actually endless. Although it's hard, try to remember that any time your piss is anything but clear you are dehydrated. Yeah 5-7 litres is a lot, but the more the better.

Water also speeds up your metabolism as your body tries to reheat your body after the cold water cools is down. I've heard it also is good for your digestive tract and your immune system.

Word of warning though, if you consume this much water don't hold it in or you could get kidney stones... need I say more?

Wildcat
02-07-2004, 02:54 AM
i like the GNC brands, they're well formulated and really well priced (if you have a gold card). the vanilla tastes better than the choclate IMO, weight gainers in general taste better than a simple protein due to the large carb and calorie addition.

The results ive seen are great, but i dont attribute it all to the weight gainer.

edit: on the topic of water; you should be consuming something llike 7L a day on average, with food consumption included its not alot really. when working out i drink something around 3-4L.

legereandrew4
02-07-2004, 03:42 AM
i made a good protein shake im mmaking now... i use whey protein too, so i get a little 2% milk, some frozen raspberrys, spoon full raspberry juice crystals, and the protein,, oh and some crushed ice, blend it up, taste liek a smoothing and dont taste sick! fills yea up too,

YCB
02-07-2004, 11:37 PM
here is a whole bunch of shake recipes... they look interesting too

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes1.htm

Toma
02-08-2004, 12:00 AM
I dunno if I should tell you guys this one.... I do the low carb diet thing, so yogurt and shit like OJ and milk is out of the question...

1/3 cup 33% whipping cream (you know, the unsweetened stuff you have to actually whip)
1 scoop Iso Pro powder (any flavour)
1/4 cup safeway frozen berries
1/2 to 2/3 cup cold water

Blend the living shit out of it... comes out thick....kinda like a fresh strawberry julius....only thicker....

You fags that still think fat is bad for you, don't bother flaming me ;) :poosie:

Aleks
02-08-2004, 02:29 PM
I gained 25lbs in 6 months on GNC Megamass :poosie: and working out of course

FiveFreshFish
02-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by altima
I gained 25lbs in 6 months on GNC Megamass :poosie: and working out of course

Do you need to continue using Megamass to maintain the weight? (Assuming you keep working out.)

Aleks
02-08-2004, 04:23 PM
No you don't as long as you keep working out and eating well. I stopped taking it and I haven't lost any weight yet. (stopped like 4 mnths ago)

James
02-08-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I dunno if I should tell you guys this one.... I do the low carb diet thing, so yogurt and shit like OJ and milk is out of the question...

1/3 cup 33% whipping cream (you know, the unsweetened stuff you have to actually whip)
1 scoop Iso Pro powder (any flavour)
1/4 cup safeway frozen berries
1/2 to 2/3 cup cold water

Blend the living shit out of it... comes out thick....kinda like a fresh strawberry julius....only thicker....

You fags that still think fat is bad for you, don't bother flaming me ;) :poosie:

hmm, sounds pretty good....... i did the low carb Diet ( pretty much off it now) lost 40-50 lbs in like 4 months, now im starting to actually work out to try and regain some muscle mass( got pretty lazy for awhile) and lose the rest of the chub :tongue:

civic_rida
02-09-2004, 12:40 AM
weight gainers work good if ur skinny but if ur fat they will probably make u more fat.
If ur fat i suggest a treadmill n protein shake wit low carbs n low calories.

n about drinkin lots of water .

Drink at least a gallon of water per day. When your cells are hydrated, your protein synthesis increases.

The opposite reason is why drinking alcohol decreases your protein synthesis, because alcohol dehydrates your cells

GT2NV
02-09-2004, 11:45 AM
drinking lots of water doesnt really do shit, you just piss it out, the only way to really gain weight is eat more, alot more, gaining water weight with creatine is stupid imo

civic_rida
02-09-2004, 01:21 PM
u drink water for the fact that it cleans ur system. taking all these powders isnt to good 4 u.

GT2NV
02-09-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
taking all these powders isnt to good 4 u. :werd:

.90 caliber
02-09-2004, 10:46 PM
whats the most recommendable protein powder to gain weight through muscle mass to take?...and working out, eating and all that.

civic_rida
02-10-2004, 01:05 AM
real food.
Lots of people say that the protein mix's using whey protein n then oats , peanut butter, olive oil beats any commerical product.

solid
02-10-2004, 03:00 AM
Okay been reading some of the posts and here is my input.

Water
---------------------------------------------------------
I agree that drinking plenty of water is beneficial, but too much is not good either. You should aim for 2-3 litres/day give or take, depending on how much you sweat, activity level, and caloric intake.

Too much water, will cause you to urinate essential electrolytes like potassium and calcium. These electrolytes are essential for nerve function and muscle contraction.

Your urine ideally should be clear to clear-yellow, if you drink sufficient amounts of water.

Protein
------------------------------------------
Also excess protein, will also be excreted in the urine as nitrogen. If you have any previous family history with kidney failure, you may have kidney problems. If you don't then, you're fine. You just have really expensive urine, and your money is going "down the drain", literally.

Protein absorption
----------------------------------------------------------
Not all protein is synthesized equally in the body. Some proteins such as whey isolate are absorbed better than other sources such as soy-protein based products.

To increase absorption. Before you have your shake, consume something with a high glycemix index. I.e. fruits, juices, creatine, etc. This will spike your insulin levels, and cells will be ready for absorption.

Final words
------------------------
Yes, protein powders, creatine, and other supplements may not be good for you in excess amounts, but with proper knowledge and care they work well along with a balanced diet and exercise program.

Hehe! I know this was a long winded message, but this is my bag baby. :)

I've been working out since I was 16, and I'm 22 now. I didn't seriously get started until 3 years ago. My first competition will be in Calgary this April. I am a nutritional sciences major at the U of A, and pretty much read about bodybuilding and nutrition 24/7.

But you don't have to take my word for it.

I also noticed another member mention:

http://www.bodybuilding.com
check it out.

GT3
02-10-2004, 06:33 AM
i have mega mass elite too

hockeybronx
02-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by solid

Water
I agree that drinking plenty of water is beneficial, but too much is not good either. You should aim for 2-3 litres/day give or take, depending on how much you sweat, activity level, and caloric intake.

Too much water, will cause you to urinate essential electrolytes like potassium and calcium. These electrolytes are essential for nerve function and muscle contraction.

Your urine ideally should be clear to clear-yellow, if you drink sufficient amounts of water.

Protein
Also excess protein, will also be excreted in the urine as nitrogen. If you have any previous family history with kidney failure, you may have kidney problems. If you don't then, you're fine. You just have really expensive urine, and your money is going "down the drain", literally.

Protein absorption
Not all protein is synthesized equally in the body. Some proteins such as whey isolate are absorbed better than other sources such as soy-protein based products.

To increase absorption. Before you have your shake, consume something with a high glycemix index. I.e. fruits, juices, creatine, etc. This will spike your insulin levels, and cells will be ready for absorption.

Final words
------------------------
Yes, protein powders, creatine, and other supplements may not be good for you in excess amounts, but with proper knowledge and care they work well along with a balanced diet and exercise program.

I've been working out since I was 16, and I'm 22 now. I didn't seriously get started until 3 years ago. My first competition will be in Calgary this April. I am a nutritional sciences major at the U of A, and pretty much read about bodybuilding and nutrition 24/7.

check it out.

:werd: Your post is the reason I started this thread. Thanks a lot man!

CKY
02-13-2004, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by solid

Water

Protein

Protein absorption

Final words
------------------------

check it out.

good stuff buddy :werd:

pinoyhero
02-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Throw in some ice too.