PDA

View Full Version : Allen Berg Go-Kart experience on Dealfind today!

Thaco
07-14-2012, 08:52 AM
51% off... $79 for 30 minutes

Anyone looking for an afternoon of classic go-karting fun would be well-advised to check out this wicked offer. Famed racecar driver Allen Berg opened this school to pass his passion and years of expertise onto other kart fans. This 30-minute introductory package will teach students all the basics that they need to get onto the course for that first rush of acceleration. Pick your voucher up and get ready to send that adrenalin flying.

http://www.dealfind.com/calgary/allenbergracingschools3/?s=dd-thin&utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=allenbergracingschools3-calgary

PD77
07-14-2012, 09:16 AM
I just went to this yesterday...it was a blast! Definitely worth the money.

project240
07-14-2012, 09:38 AM
I wonder how sticky they are with the height restrictions? I'm guessing this is just because the carts aren't meant for taller guys... :dunno:

Waiting to hear back from them.

danno
07-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Can someone write a review. How many karts our there at one time? Actually time in kart?

xnvy
07-14-2012, 12:05 PM
^I'm planning to go on the 25th, I'll try and post something about my experience unless someone does it first.

Modelexis
07-14-2012, 12:06 PM
From DannyO

its $80 (50% off) for some racing education, then 15 minutes following an instructor, then you get 15 minutes by yourself to race around a pretty nice looking course.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/356121/kart-world-review-summer-2012/

zipdoa
07-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by project240
I wonder how sticky they are with the height restrictions? I'm guessing this is just because the carts aren't meant for taller guys... :dunno:

Waiting to hear back from them.

I was gonna go, but it said the height restriction was 6'5.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qghGLMXD_zQ/TsxTk-dkREI/AAAAAAAAAPE/z0rP7YwipTI/s1600/Feelsbadman.jpg

project240
07-14-2012, 02:34 PM
:rofl:

I called them and they said I'd be cramped, but still welcome and would probably fit as long as I was "slender"...

6'7" 235lbs... Do I count? I think I'm going to go for it and if anyone is faster I can just say my cart is slower due to my weight. :rofl:

Either that or I'll do one lap and pass out because I couldn't breathe...

mslbebiz
07-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Think I may grab this deal, looks fun!

As far as height and weight:

"Must be 260 pound weight maximum, 5" height minimum and 6'5" height maximum." Enjoy :)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
If you really want some good carting time do their whole day program for $500, I had hours on the track and good instruction, lunch included and could barely move my arms the next day!

PD77
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by danno
Can someone write a review. How many karts our there at one time? Actually time in kart?

You show up, get outfitted, and then head outside where the instructor will show you the kart. They go over a bunch of stuff like how to get in, how to start it, that kind of thing.

Then you head out in groups of 4 karts and follow the instructor around to learn the racing lines. They have cones everywhere to show you turn in, apex, and exit points so it's pretty easy to figure out.

Then you'll come in, wait your turn, and they will tell you about the different flags that you may encounter. You'll then head back out in the same group of 4 to actually race! Passing is allowed on the one straight as long as the marshal puts up the blue flag.

15 minutes is actually a decent amount of time, especially for what you pay with these groupon deals. I plan on trying on the full day course though, I'm addicted now haha.

danno
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
sounds like a good time, i booked my time me and a buddy are going