PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any good shops for OOPI?

..*JDM Hatch*..
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Looking for a good shop that can get an out of province done for me.
also, how much do they normally charge?

thanks.

RickDaTuner
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
are you looking for one that will let some stuff go, or one that does it at a lower price?:dunno:

Its a standardized inspection form that all shops have to follow, and the rate is set by the government, some shops just charge more than others.

..*JDM Hatch*..
07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
im actually looking for a legit shop that will be a nazi about everything. i want to know everything that needs to be changed,etc.

Gibson
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM
I took my R33 to Harvest Hills Auto Repair (http://harvesthillsauto.mechanicnet.com/) for my OOP and they were great. They do check and are strict about daytime running lights though, and while they can install them for you, it's more than $200. Better to do it yourself before it goes in. They also do a complimentary mechanical inspection, and told me my A/C was weak, battery was weak, gave me the specs on all four brakes and they said the struts were probably original and should be looked at in the future. All stuff that wasn't enough to fail, but they pointed it out with good grace and didn't push me to get the work done there.

Inspection was $150 and they got me in the day after I called. Some other places had a month-long waiting list. Recommended.