PDA

View Full Version : Rally/ Race team looking for.....

jorge
02-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Calgary based Rally/ Race team looking for a service crew members

We run a small Pro-Rally team based out of Calgary, (N.W. area) The team is small but has a winning history for 2 decades.

We have been taking a break in the last few years but we are starting up a new campaign in 2004 with a Production 3 rally car and possibly a Road Racing GT2 Mazda RX7 some time this summer

We are presently looking for a "few good men / women" that have a passion for motorsport and are willing to learn the different duties that result in a winning team. Guidance and direction will be provided by an experienced driver and a mechanical engineer with many years of racing experience.

We are posting here seeking individuals that;
1- Have some engineering/ technical background
2- Love motorsports
3- Usually tinker with their own cars
4- Are willing to travel occasionally
5- Work easily with others

The team is run on an amateur basis by people who love motorsport, everything is done on a volunteer basis, and there is no expectation of a time commitment that conflicts with your studies, etc.

The operation of the team requires a variety of duties and experiences from servicing the suspension in between races, regular servicing during a rally or helping with promotional events.
If you have a passion for motorsport and would like to be part of this exciting opportunity please contact the undersigned.

Please send résumé to;
[email protected] or contact us though our web site at www.vertigosport.com

Thank you
Jorge Dascollas

SwitchBlade
02-07-2004, 08:34 AM
im interested ill send my resume :thumbsup:

speedracer
02-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Have you tried here:
Calgary Sports Car Club Rally (http://cscc.speedracer.ca/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=21&sid=fe44313a0bfadd917736e08bb8623dd2)

jorge
02-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Thank you for your suggestion Speedracer but I am a long time member of the CSCC and I believe that the resources are very tapped out at the club so I thought of seeking interested parties outside the usual circle.

What I don't understand is why this posting ended up here, in "Careers" instead of "Campus Chat" where I originally posted it on.

I did not post it on "Careers" because this is more of a hobby/past time activity rather than a job.

I wonder if there is a way to contact the moderator to change the posting's location?

Team_Mclaren
02-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by jorge
Thank you for your suggestion Speedracer but I am a long time member of the CSCC and I believe that the resources are very tapped out at the club so I thought of seeking interested parties outside the usual circle.

What I don't understand is why this posting ended up here, in "Careers" instead of "Campus Chat" where I originally posted it on.

I did not post it on "Careers" because this is more of a hobby/past time activity rather than a job.

I wonder if there is a way to contact the moderator to change the posting's location?

try pm one of our mods: http://forums.beyond.ca/showgroups.php?s=

milesmcewing
02-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Jorge is a great guy.

This is an excellent opportunity for someone to learn a great deal about rally and setup etc. Jorge also owns/teaches a local rally school that everyone could benefit from.

Being on a service crew is the best way to get close to the action and experience the community.

Good luck Jorge, we will see you at Cochrane

Cheers
Miles

hjr
02-08-2004, 06:01 PM
hello jorge, this is Adam with the wrecked 510. I am looking for a reason to go to cochrane this season, and i would like to help you out if you want.

I'll send you an email.