View Full Version : Spotted: Douchebag Parking

A790
07-17-2012, 02:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rY90e.jpg

Wow. What else is there to say?

Kloubek
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
WTF....

I'd call him a Dodgebag, but that is clearly a GMC.

georgemagana
07-17-2012, 02:57 PM
That's horrible!! I don't know what I would do that truck !!

-relk-
07-17-2012, 03:00 PM
I have a feeling that the pursuit parked like that beside the truck, because I have no idea how the guy in the truck would expect to get out, other than climbing over and using the passenger door. As to why he would do that, beats me, completly assinine. All it takes is a quick 5 second back up to correct that park job :facepalm:

Edit: Out of curiosity, if somebody parked like this next to you, is there anything you can do, considering it would be pretty hard to get out without causing an accident (not impossible, but not easy either)? Call bylaw to get it towed?

m10-power
07-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Thats stupid, good advertiszing for your landscape company...

Went to lunch today, friend driving his Porsche. Parked and came back to two cars parked way too close one on each side, funny thing was there was empty spots everywhere.
:dunno:

A790
07-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by -relk-
I have a feeling that the pursuit parked like that beside the truck, because I have no idea how the guy in the truck would expect to get out, other than climbing over and using the passenger door. As to why he would do that, beats me, completly assinine. All it takes is a quick 5 second back up to correct that park job :facepalm:
Pursuit was still there when I left trico...

FraserB
07-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I'd bet the Pursuit parked there after the truck, to try and be some kind of hero. Both people are douchebags in this case.

syb65
07-17-2012, 03:30 PM
that guy in the tundra/sequoia in front of them is a douche. he clearly is double parking.

LongCity
07-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by syb65
that guy in the tundra/sequoia in front of them is a douche. he clearly is double parking.

Isn't double parking boxing someone in?

Also, if you meant he's taking two spots, he's not. Look at the parking stall lines. Nothing underneath him. Joke not funny.

Blue
07-17-2012, 03:35 PM
maybe theyre friends ?!

ringmaster
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Could be two people that know each other (although not likely). My brother and I used to do these types of shenanigans when we were both running Civics.

Double parking each other, bumper cars, etc.. :D

benyl
07-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by syb65

No he isn't. The spaces are offset due to the lampost. There is no line under the Tundra.

artieg30
07-17-2012, 11:22 PM
either way you look at it, the truck is clearly in the wrong as his rear driver side is over the line... as someone mentioned earlier a simple parking correction would've sufficed... i swear people in this city have no pride in owernship or respect for other people's property anymore!

azian_advanced
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM
i see this sort of thing happen all the time.. maybe not as extreme as in the OP but people who own trucks & SUVs don't bother to align themselves when they enter their parking spaces and it's worse when they're taking up the adjacent parking spot. pisses me off when i see it. if only these trucks could be fined in some way..

cloud7
07-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Perhaps someone can make the call at 403-402-LINK and find out what exactly happened and inquire about his landscaping service.

sputnik
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I need to keep sidewalk chalk in my car.

http://dailypicksandflicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/a-spot-just-for-you-parking.jpg

btimbit
07-18-2012, 04:21 PM
My power steering was out in my truck for a while when I first got it. Worked fine at speeds but not very well under 20km/h. Made parking a little trickier than it needed to be, so I would have had a few less than amazing parkjobs. The difference is though that I'd do it at the veerrryy back of the lot, away from anybody.

Truck in the picture is a douche. My truck's bigger than his and it's really no harder to park than my Jetta. Just laziness. Prick.

FixedGear
07-18-2012, 05:36 PM
the car was parked first, truck second. you can tell by the angle of the car wheels relative to the white lines that the car drove in straight. that would have been impossible with the truck there, because the truck is in the way. if the blue car backed straight back, it would hit the truck.

SKR
07-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Unless the spot in front of the car was open, and he backed in to get that close. It would be tough to drive forward in and park like that.

Even if that was the case, the truck driver is still a knob for not even trying to park normal.

Tik-Tok
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Here's another douchebag....

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u64/TykTauk/WP_000342.jpg

But to be fair, even if he parked properly, he'd still be taking 2 spots :rofl:

Sugarphreak
07-19-2012, 07:21 PM

Stealth22
07-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SKR
Unless the spot in front of the car was open, and he backed in to get that close. It would be tough to drive forward in and park like that.
I thought so too...until I saw the giant pole in front of the Pursuit. Impossible to move to/from the spot in front.

btimbit
07-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I saw that truck downtown today, not a fan. It just doesn't seem proportional.

:werd: Looks terrible

soobad
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by A790
http://i.imgur.com/rY90e.jpg

Wow. What else is there to say?

I posted a thread in this forum years ago exact same thing happened to me:

http://www.andrewkicksass.com/images/5608_216989575388_3878528_n.jpg

I waited to confront them and got a profuse apology (but then again I am about as large a guy as can possibly fit in an NSX). My policy is just to openly tell people off walking through parking lots if I ever see them do anything like this nowadays. Hopefully I don't get shot.

SKR
07-19-2012, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Stealth22

I thought so too...until I saw the giant pole in front of the Pursuit. Impossible to move to/from the spot in front.

I wonder if the cockeyed angle of the truck would make enough room for the car to back in.

I'm 100% sure that by this point I'm overthinking this. But it looks like somebody is going out of their way to prove a point. Either the truck parked first, and the car got as close as possible with considerable effort. Or the car parked first, and the truck driver rolled in like an asshole and gave himself minimal room to get out. Both cases seem unlikely, but it looks like one of them has to be true. And either way, the truck driver still looks like a dick.

Illusive 4-2
07-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Saw this a few months back in the Foothills Hospital parking lot ...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BmQtsZjhOYA/T8vn-xQjK7I/AAAAAAAAAPs/ZCvH4TY8lgs/s1037/IMG_20120603_160116.jpg

InRich
07-29-2012, 10:20 AM
^ i'd park like that too if i had that. but it be at the very back of the parking lot... ppl are generally stupid, I've already had several door dings on my 100k+ bmw because I decided to be nice and park like a normal person... my mistake I guess.

bbcustoms
07-29-2012, 10:57 PM
^ Yup. 2 completely different things, douche parking on an angle because you are too fucking lazy to back up and pull in again versus avoiding dings in a Ferrari because of some other douche doesn't give a shit about your property.
The Ferrari parking is totally justified.

rage2
07-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Problem is if you take 2 spots, your chances of getting key'd is going to be pretty high.

Calgary parking spots are terrible. They're painted way too tight, so the chances of getting a door ding is ridiculously high. Single spots barely fit SUV's. Park 2 SUVs together and they won't be able to open doors.

I generally park as far as possible in a spot by myself, or a edge spot where I can park as close to the edge as possible, giving the other side room to not ding me. Or a spot beside a handicap spot if possible, since handicap spots are usually double the width.

They gotta do the spots like at the lot for Toys r Us in the NE. They have painted lines for each spot, and a 1ft separator "spot" between each one.

swak
07-29-2012, 11:48 PM
I walked out to my truck from the bank the other day with the lady getting out of her minivan next to me with her door pressed against my vehicle. Boggles my mind the disrespect people have for others property!!

I didn't say anything, as my trucks a beater to me, but still - its principle. Hah. With that being said, I should have said something.

heavyD
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Problem is if you take 2 spots, your chances of getting key'd is going to be pretty high.

Calgary parking spots are terrible. They're painted way too tight, so the chances of getting a door ding is ridiculously high. Single spots barely fit SUV's. Park 2 SUVs together and they won't be able to open doors.

I generally park as far as possible in a spot by myself, or a edge spot where I can park as close to the edge as possible, giving the other side room to not ding me. Or a spot beside a handicap spot if possible, since handicap spots are usually double the width.

They gotta do the spots like at the lot for Toys r Us in the NE. They have painted lines for each spot, and a 1ft separator "spot" between each one.

It seems like all new or repainted lots have gone for quantity over sensibility as I see people all the time having problems fitting pickup trucks in these new tiny spots between cars as they are just too tight. Since the population is becoming fatter and cars bigger this is simply a case of common sense not being utilized.

I don't know how you guys with $100k+ cars can handle having to park your cars in busy lots as it drives me crazy with my Mustang as a lot of people simply don't give a fuck when opening their doors and just ram them open and fat people often have no choice but to fully open their door to get out. The Ferrari guy has the right idea but lacks tact. If you are going to take two spots do it at the back of the lot not in the middle as you are simply attracting attention for the wrong reason and inviting trouble.

sputnik
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM

Really? The accepted standard parking spot is 8x20.

Are spots in Calgary really less than 8 feet wide?

I usually like the spots at the end of a row where I can put one side right up against the line/curb.

speedog
07-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bbcustoms
^ Yup. 2 completely different things, douche parking on an angle because you are too fucking lazy to back up and pull in again versus avoiding dings in a Ferrari because of some other douche doesn't give a shit about your property.
The Ferrari parking is totally justified. Parking like that Ferrari is in the that area of that parking lot can never be justified - do it at the back of the lot.

blitz
07-30-2012, 08:26 AM
That's a paid lot at the Foothills hospital. It's pretty much always full, there's no "back of the lot". The lot attendant probably could have had the Ferrari towed, as it's paid for 1 spot and taking up 2.

speedog
07-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by blitz
That's a paid lot at the Foothills hospital. It's pretty much always full, there's no "back of the lot". The lot attendant probably could have had the Ferrari towed, as it's paid for 1 spot and taking up 2. From the looks of this Foothills Medical Centre site map (link (http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/pem/PublicSearch?direct=displayPdf&number=103280)), it would appear that there are options for those who want to park like douches and not take up two prime spaces in a close lot where door dings or worse might be the result - lots 4 & 8A (especially 8A) appear to provide a bit more "back of the lot" space for "those" Ferrari drivers. I know my 70+ year old father-in-law wouldn't have been impressed if he had seen this Ferrari parked in this fashion while trying to find a parking spot for one of his two weekly cancer treatments at the Tom Baker - two battles against bladder cancer in the past three years have left him kind of frail and a walk from either lot 4 or 8A is something he shouldn't have to endure because of some Ferrari wad in lot 1.

Tik-Tok
07-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by blitz
That's a paid lot at the Foothills hospital. It's pretty much always full, there's no "back of the lot". The lot attendant probably could have had the Ferrari towed, as it's paid for 1 spot and taking up 2.

Or maybe the Ferrari owner paid for two spots? If I owned a 100g+ car, I probably would too.

speedog
07-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Or maybe the Ferrari owner paid for two spots? If I owned a 100g+ car, I probably would too. Very good point Tik-Tok, here we are on Beyond (myself included) "assuming" something else although the reality of what most are assuming is still probably closer to the truth.

rage2
07-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Toys R Us lot for reference:

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/toysruslot.png

It's awesome cuz even guys with the massive trucks can fit properly without dinging others.

spikerS
07-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Toys R Us lot for reference:

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc475/rage2amg/toysruslot.png

It's awesome cuz even guys with the massive trucks can fit properly without dinging others.

costco lots are like that too. makes parking anything that much easier, and with putting kids into car seats, the extra room is a god send...

Xtrema
07-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Or maybe the Ferrari owner paid for two spots? If I owned a 100g+ car, I probably would too.

So he takes 2 ticket on the way in and pay both on the way out? Still that Foothills parking lot is quite busy. Parking right usually is the last thing on people's mind.

I find an edge to park mine. Still I get 2 dings on size so far.

canadian booster
07-30-2012, 09:39 AM
i frequently update this site from my cel phone..

www.iparklikeanass.com

sometimes great colorful comments :D

cloud7
07-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

Really? The accepted standard parking spot is 8x20.

Are spots in Calgary really less than 8 feet wide?

8 feet (2.44 m) is really narrow actually and I doubt there are any in the City that are that narrow, unless someone really messed up when painting the lines which is possible. Minimum parking space dimensions are 2.6 m x 5.4 m (approx. 8.5' x 17.7'). [The minimum for residential parking is 2.5 m, which I don't get because people park just as bad at home as they do in the mall.] Most full-size pick-up trucks are just over 2 m wide without mirrors. In a perfect world (you and the person next to you are parked perfectly), there should be some room for you to get out... but people just do not know how to or care about their parking.

Ferio_vti
08-02-2012, 01:38 PM

It's mind boggling that places like Home Depot, where many of their customers drive trucks, panel vans, etc and have to squeeze into those tiny spots. What is the problem with wider spots? Most of these lots are never to capacity, so what is a few parking spots less per row gonna cost?
:guns:

J-hop
08-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti

It's mind boggling that places like Home Depot, where many of their customers drive trucks, panel vans, etc and have to squeeze into those tiny spots.... Most of these lots are never to capacity....

I agree some areas have too small of parking stalls but your post hit a nerve there with the not at capacity and work vehicles "having" to squeeze in. When I go to places like that I always park as far away as possible where no one is around (I always try to get stalls beside medians/barriers), and there is always some effin guy with his rusted out work truck/astrovan/wagon etc that decides to park right beside me even if the next few stalls are empty....

TomcoPDR
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Not as bad as the OP, so not worth starting new thread.

Packed and busy parking lot.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/IMG_4850_zps8fb510f7.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/IMG_4851_zpsc18804fb.jpg

Ford F150 plate MWY-090

Tik-Tok
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Did you leave your card? :rofl:

TomcoPDR
04-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Bodyshops need to make $$ somehow

theedge111
04-01-2014, 06:00 PM
I came out from a movie last year(thurs matinee) to find this guy behind my S4. I was at the very back, no other cars around at all...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s173/theedge111/null_zpsa6c80a76.jpg (http://s152.photobucket.com/user/theedge111/media/null_zpsa6c80a76.jpg.html)

Hallowed_point
04-01-2014, 06:55 PM
^He wanted to give your S4 a kiss :D

What a fuckin idiot...up close & personal much?

My_name_is_Rob
04-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Hallowed_point
^He wanted to give your S4 a kiss :D

What a fuckin idiot...up close & personal much?

Its probably because the accelerator got stuck. He's lucky he got it stopped when he did. :rofl:

lilmira
04-01-2014, 07:13 PM
That deserves a shopping cart barricade.

firebane
04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
That deserves a shopping cart barricade.

That would have been 4 flat tires and a note saying "Quit Parking Like a Retard"

theedge111
04-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by firebane

That would have been 4 flat tires and a note saying "Quit Parking Like a Retard"

We think the same way other then the note :thumbsup:

I hung out for an hour trying to calm down. It wasn't working and I figured there might be a chance that I could seriously hurt the guy so I let the air out of all four tires and left.

Hallowed_point
04-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by theedge111
We think the same way other then the note :thumbsup:

I hung out for an hour trying to calm down. It wasn't working and I figured there might be a chance that I could seriously hurt the guy so I let the air out of all four tires and left.

I'd say you made the right choice, maybe he won't park like such an idiot next time. Plus, technically what you did isn't vandalism.

I like to park at the end stalls and get as far over as possible. Without fail, some billy bob in his pickup will park right on the line on my passenger side. Irritating, but what can you do?

Mibz
04-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Ha, just reminded me of the photo I took tonight leaving a restaurant.

http://i.imgur.com/86g81JO.jpg

No idea who hit who, neither vehicle is mine, so just had a laugh and went about my night :P

jdmXSI
04-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Saw this gem at Crossiron mall. Not sure hpw this happened but the greenish suv was actually in a stall...

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s181/jdm_xsi/20140330_125157.jpg

spikerS
04-12-2014, 10:41 PM
yay, I can finally contribute to this thread. Just had to go watch parents by the school around the corner from my house...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-x8aaCHCkjeE/U0Rr0ZKL3VI/AAAAAAAADo4/sWo5OiUqjVU/w385-h684-no/20140408_153548.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CrmOgJ992qc/U0RtYFyHXbI/AAAAAAAADpI/M506kB6KXBI/w1218-h685-no/20140408_154235.jpg

Canucks3322
04-12-2014, 11:40 PM
This is why I love driving a car I don't care about. ..... And that Ferrari in the hospital lot, wow... Just goes to show you how having money makes people assholes... seriously like another poster said use your brain and think about why people are going to the hospital. . That is just completely selfish behavior.

slinkie
04-13-2014, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
This is why I love driving a car I don't care about. ..... And that Ferrari in the hospital lot, wow... Just goes to show you how having money makes people assholes... seriously like another poster said use your brain and think about why people are going to the hospital. . That is just completely selfish behavior.

i disagree, he is trying to avoid the type of parkers that are being showcased in this thread..Although i wouldn't park like that for fear of being vandalized by some jealous person

GTS4tw
04-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by slinkie

i disagree, he is trying to avoid the type of parkers that are being showcased in this thread..Although i wouldn't park like that for fear of being vandalized by some jealous person

Minivans on both sides.... I would park like that too.

xnvy
04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
^Park like that maybe at the mall. Never at Foothills. Parking is scarce not to mention it's a hospital.

M.alex
04-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I can't believe anybody would even support the ferrari guy parking like that at the Foothills - maybe he paid for 2 spots? WTF are you people smoking.

Parking is a bitch there - I'd be the first in line to key the hell out of his car if i saw that.

If you're worried about dings then park elsewheres and walk to the hospital or drive something less valuable.

benyl
09-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Here's a new one.

He had a nice set of $10K HRE wheels. But that's no excuse.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd364/bwinkelm/ABC0F4CD-F2FB-4C43-A04D-DE73B7D8E53A_zpssdkswtf9.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/bwinkelm/media/ABC0F4CD-F2FB-4C43-A04D-DE73B7D8E53A_zpssdkswtf9.jpg.html)

spikerS
09-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Here's a new one.

He had a nice set of $10K HRE wheels. But that's no excuse.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd364/bwinkelm/ABC0F4CD-F2FB-4C43-A04D-DE73B7D8E53A_zpssdkswtf9.jpg (http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/bwinkelm/media/ABC0F4CD-F2FB-4C43-A04D-DE73B7D8E53A_zpssdkswtf9.jpg.html)

I see nothing wrong with that. Parked away from everyone, that is par for the course...:dunno:

rx7boi
09-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Just had a conversation with a friend about this today.

If you take the time to park away from everyone at the back when it's not a busy time either, then by all means. I know what it's like to park next to someone who doesn't respect your property.

I hate when you take the time to do that and people still park next to you like they're trying to make a point.

Like....it's not VIP, nice car parking. I'm just trying to keep the car away from people so why don't you just find your own spot? Plenty of parking in the lot which is why I did it in the first place.

InRich
09-27-2014, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

I see nothing wrong with that. Parked away from everyone, that is par for the course...:dunno:

Course theres nothing wrong with that. I do it EVERY time as a matter of fact. always at the very back of the parking lot, I always walk at least 5 min's from where I parked. drives my gf crazy, but thats what she gets for having me drive my car.

Last thing I want, is to come out and have my door dinged, and then have to kill someone for it... go to prison etc...
;)

A790
09-27-2014, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by InRich
Last thing I want, is to come out and have my door dinged, and then have to kill someone for it... go to prison etc...
;)
:rofl:

16hypen3sp
09-27-2014, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by rx7boi
I know what it's like to park next to someone who doesn't respect your property.

Ain't that the truth. Myself and my friend were inside Wholesale Sports and our girlfriends were waiting in the car (of course) and some chick pulled up in the space beside. When she was getting out, she slammed her door into the side of my friends car not once but twice. Our girlfriends immediately called her out on it but she didn't give a shit. Never said a single word back to them... just walked into the store. We came out and they were taking pics but my friend didn't really care because it was his crappy commuter. If it was his truck then there would be hell to pay.

But to slam the door into a vehicle not once but twice, while people are sitting in it... c'mon.

ddduke
09-27-2014, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by InRich

Course theres nothing wrong with that. I do it EVERY time as a matter of fact. always at the very back of the parking lot, I always walk at least 5 min's from where I parked. drives my gf crazy, but thats what she gets for having me drive my car.

;)
:werd:

My old lady goes crazy every time we go out. Especially at Talisman where she has to go on a ridiculous hike just to get to the entrance.

People are too fucking ignorant these days. I picked up my M45 a few years ago (most expensive and nicest car I had ever owned at the time), drove it to the gym immediately after and when I got back to the car I had the biggest door ding I had ever seen. I hadn't owned the car 3 hours by that point.

Hallowed_point
09-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Some people are fucking assholes when it comes to parking. Crank the wheel like a tard "oh I'm touching the yellow line? Oh well I have to get my fat ass into Walmart for that sale on stretchy Mickey mouse pants..."

Lost my mirror the other day thanks to some asshat. Good thing I drive an old mustang and I found a new one shipped for $45 off ebay but still. Senseless waste of money.

benyl
09-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

It's about 50ft from the West Hills movie entrance. It isn't parked away from everyone. That would be parking in the safeway parking lot across the street.

Tik-Tok
09-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by benyl

It's about 50ft from the West Hills movie entrance. It isn't parked away from everyone. That would be parking in the safeway parking lot across the street.

So maybe he's in Safeway, parking away from everyone :rofl:

klumsy_tumbler
09-29-2014, 10:40 AM
You know what one of my biggest pet peeves ever is? When you park a long way away from everyone else (on purpose), and then some asshat comes and parks right next to you, even though there are two rows of empty stalls that are closer.

My guesses are that either A) They can't park without another car to act as a guide because they're shitty drivers, or B) They're trolls. :banghead:

schocker
09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
The color combo on that c7 is :barf:

killramos
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
You know what one of my biggest pet peeves ever is? When you park a long way away from everyone else (on purpose), and then some asshat comes and parks right next to you, even though there are two rows of empty stalls that are closer.

My guesses are that either A) They can't park without another car to act as a guide because they're shitty drivers, or B) They're trolls. :banghead:

:werd:

I always make an effort. For me it's worth the piece of mind. TBH i can usually park faster andget in and out quicker by just parking at the back.

Especially in Calgary where every 22 year old with 3 kids needs to drive a damn denali HD exclusively between school her house and the mall and insists on parking 10 feet from the door...

colinxx235
09-29-2014, 12:00 PM
good way to take up four stalls with a F-150, not sure if "gotweb" is a business or what