PDA

View Full Version : Re-Carpeting House

Type_S1
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has recarpeted their house or portions of it recently and had a good experience.

I am looking to recarpet a few bedrooms and am not wanting to do it myself so of course am looking for opinions on who is decently priced and does good work.

Mibz
07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
My Mom recently had her basement recarpeted and had Sears do it. I don't know what she paid but the work was good and the guys doing it were pretty friendly.

JLau
07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
some guy is gonna do it for my rental property for me, i will let you know how that goes once its completed

superflychief
07-18-2012, 09:52 AM
I had Fitz Flooring do our last place a couple of years ago. Great product and service. We paid about 5g for 900sqft of carpet. It was an updgraded carpet though.

Gary@UrbanX
07-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Give Jensen @ Maple Leaf Flooring a call, they did a great job when I got carpet and hardwood installed. After they were done they cleaned up and made sure I was satisfied with the work.

Lex350
07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Don't forget to try some of the commerical contract flooring companies. You can get a great deal from some of these. Also remember to sned some money on your underlay. Cheap underlay will make a good carpet feel and wear like crap.

Nufy
07-18-2012, 11:20 AM
I have a buddy to does all my and my family's carpet work.

He did a ton of work in my last house, also did a bunch of work for a co-worker and most recently re-carpeted my In-laws house in Riverbend.

Typically cash jobs but quality work.

You can supply carpet / underlay or work it out with him.

If interested I can pm his contact information.

ronaldo
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Nufy
I have a buddy to does all my and my family's carpet work.

He did a ton of work in my last house, also did a bunch of work for a co-worker and most recently re-carpeted my In-laws house in Riverbend.

Typically cash jobs but quality work.

You can supply carpet / underlay or work it out with him.

If interested I can pm his contact information.

Can you please send it to me?

Type_S1
08-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Okay guys I have been price shopping for about 3 weeks now and finally found the BEST prices in town with quality install.

City Carpets LTD.
http://www.citycarpetsltd.com

I got a quote from them and took it to other places who said they wouldn't even touch the pricing...a few tried to come close but wouldn't beat it. Got some pretty awesome carpet for over 30% less then most competitors offered after negotiations.

Suggestion when going to them; know the model of carpet you want and haggle like a mofo.

eblend
08-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I had a guy do mine, was recommened to me from here on Beyond. Was super cool guy and friendly and did my whole basement, going above and beyond to make good work (even replaced a portion outside the basement as to not create a seam, free of charge). I compared him to home depot and it was like 1/2 the cost for a much better carpet. I have his business card at home if you are interested. Also not only did i get better carpet, but much better underpad as well

eblend
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
R. Dumais Flooring

Call Ron 4036506496, its his own company and only him and his assistant (his nephew last time) do the work, he is a pretty busy guy and does alot of jobs, but he was able to give me a quote the next day and finish everything within a week.