PDA

View Full Version : Thai Boxing fights @ Palace

LaughingTiger
09-17-2002, 08:17 PM
Did anybody see the Muay Thai fights at the Palace on saturday?

Pro fight..... Canada VS. USA ......... T.K.O.

Canada kicked some serious U.S. ASS :rofl:

mwmhong
09-17-2002, 09:01 PM
I used to watch those Mike Miles fights on Shaw TV and TSN, they were pretty exciting. They also have real Muay Thai fights on Channel 112 (NOT118) (Extreme Channel). Pretty cool stuff, one guy did a cartwheel kick, he bent over and touched one glove to the mat, his opponent looked down confused and the guy did a cartwheel and the guy looking down got smacked in the face, it was pretty cool.

Coolest Mike Miles MT fight I ever saw was back in 1992.
It was Yves Filidor (Canada/Mike Miles) vs. Colin ? (somewhere in Europe). Short stocky Yves vs. tall lanky Colin.

Anyways the Colin guy interupted Yves Wai Kru and this pissed off both Yves and the hometown crowd. Yves then started beating on the guy and then clinched and SLAMMED Colin into the ring WWF style, the place blew up! :clap:

As the fight went on through 5 rounds, the Colin guy took one hell of a beating/tossing throughout and almost got tossed out over the top rope. It was pretty good stuff.

:thumbsup:

LaughingTiger
09-18-2002, 09:10 PM
Wow.. you really know you Muay thai fights

I don't think Ives has fought for a while... He was pretty good

though..Muay thai is enjoyable to watch over boxing because

there is so much more blood and action.:D

have you ever seen sokim Ore fight...?? K.O. after K.O....

Do you need satellite to see 118 extreme sports??

JC Civic
09-18-2002, 11:18 PM
it's sohkim or. he's a good friend of my bf(this is his name)

sohkim's an awesome guy

mwmhong
09-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
Wow.. you really know you Muay thai fights

I don't think Ives has fought for a while... He was pretty good

though..Muay thai is enjoyable to watch over boxing because

there is so much more blood and action.:D

have you ever seen sokim Ore fight...?? K.O. after K.O....

Do you need satellite to see 118 extreme sports??

It's that Shaw Digital Cable Channel, I think it's actually 112 (oops!), 118 is Showcase Action. They're fights from Thailand without the restrictions on the elbows/knees. :D

I'll only glance at the occassional MT fight nowadays, but I don't know the names too well.
I watch MMA instead (more variety), and the odd Roy Jones Jr. fight (the only exciting boxer in the ring).

Asianstar
12-22-2003, 02:22 AM
:) hey do you know sokim too? Is you do are you one of the boys from that crew? get back to me on that.....:thumbsup:

Melinda
12-22-2003, 02:52 AM
I love watching the Muai Thai fights...my brother used to train and compete with Mike Miles before he injured his shoulder. He got me hooked, now we watch them both live and on TV when we can.

Jason Fenton was my favorite fighter, although he isnt with Mike Miles anymore...and hey, i'm pretty sure bryan (my brother) knows Sokim (sp?) too...the name is pretty familiar :)

JAYMEZ
12-22-2003, 02:58 AM
i did Muai Thai for 7 years , its fun but i never did like Mike Miles

Loose
12-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Did anyone check out the last card?

No show on Danny Steele's part:thumbsdow