PDA

View Full Version : Entry Level Accounting Jobs in Calgary or Edmonton.. Do you know anyone hiring????

WiseAngel
07-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Hello Guys,

I'm hoping I can get some assistance with landing an entry level position in Accounting. I have applied to a lot of companies in Nova Scotia but can't even manage to get an interview. So, I've decided to move to Alberta as the opportunities are plenty.

Currently, I am enrolled in the CMA program (set to start Sept. 2012) and have volunteer experience doing basic bookkeeping for a non-profit organization.

I would really appreciate any help on how I can get meaningful paid work experience that would help me in my CMA journey. Thanks..

EXPERIENCE:

Accounting Assistant (Volunteer)
March 2011 – July 2012
Halifax, NS

Responsibilities: Coded, posted invoices, processed bank reconciliations, reconciled vendor accounts and performed other accounting duties for a non-profit organization.

Achievements:
• Used accounting software to accurately post, code and track payments to vendors, organized chart of accounts and resolved discrepancies.
• Generated month end reports and administered bank reconciliations on multiple accounts. Escalated reconciliation issues where necessary.
• Reconciled GL accounts and performed HST remittances.
• Filed supporting documentations on fixed assets and purchases for audit purposes.
• Completed other ad hoc duties as assigned.

OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE

Personal Banking Officer
Jan 2012 – June 2012
Halifax, NS

Responsibilities: Established mutual trust and confidence with clients by helping them reach their financial goals; recognizing opportunities using a financial planning approach.

Achievements:
• Analyzed bank statements to determine if features needed adjusted based on customer needs. Offered discretionary interest rate discounts which in turn helped in customer retention.
• Processed credit applications from start to finish. Set up funds and increased limits when necessary. Proactively made sure approved customers had their accounts funded within 24 hours of approval.
• Successfully liaised with Small Business Managers, Wealth Managers and Lawyers to help structure client financial portfolio.
• Organized fund raising events where we donated proceeds to local charitable organizations.

Careers Assistant (Temp/Part Time)
May 2011 – Sep 2011
Halifax, NS

Responsibilities: Created and managed the department’s social media sites providing relevant content on a daily basis. Researched and presented job search, advanced degree program research to students. Also managed walk-in students and helped setup appointments for follow-up consultation.

Financial Service Representative
Mar 2010 - Dec 2010
Halifax, NS

Responsibilities: Delivered excellent customer service to a wide variety of clients via telephone by creating new accounts, selling credit lines, loans, mortgages and promoting other banking products and services