PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Install

msouther
07-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey Beyonders,

I am going to buy a York 3 ton air conditioner, get the electrical done by my electrician neighbour and need a HVAC guy to install the A/C unit. If you know someone who can do this on the side for cash either PM me or post it up here.

I want it mounted to the side of my house. Might go with the slim unit they have for small space applications. I only have about 3' on the side of the house, so I need to get the lawn mower through.

Thanks!

Darell_n
07-19-2012, 06:37 AM
I think it has to be installed at the back of the house unless you have no neighbor on one side, as per bylaw.

irs
07-19-2012, 06:56 AM
You can get it installed on either side.

As long as you have free access for fire rescue to get to your back yard. So you would have to install it on the side of the house where there is no gate.

check the city of calgarys website it shopuld be on there.

I just got one installed 3 weeks ago and they installed it on the side of my house.

sputnik
07-19-2012, 07:10 AM
The AC needs to be 2 ft from the property line and 10-15 feet (can't remember how many exactly) from any neighbours windows.

msouther
07-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I would actually prefer it to be installed at the back of the house if possible as I have a ton of room available there. Thanks for the replies. Nobody has any contacts on this?

Jericho99
07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
pmed