PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs

hockeybronx
02-07-2004, 02:55 AM
Here's a thread where you can just state your opinions on who will make it. Let's try and keep this to the point, just list your teams and leave it at that.
(In no particular order)

West:
Detroit
Colorado
Vancouver
San Jose
Dallas
Los Angeles
St. Louis
Nashville

East:
Ottawa
Toronto
Philly
New Jersey
Rangers
Montreal
Tampa Bay
Boston

Seem fair? Where do you guys disagree?

Aleks
02-07-2004, 04:37 AM
I agree with the list except for the following

I think in the West I'd replace LA with Calgary. (gotta have faith )

And in the East Rangers with the Islanders

Ben
02-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Calgary WILL be in the Play Offs. Its my Uncles last year as an On Ice Official and I would like to watch him Officiate the Flames at the dome Before he retires in May. I've missed out the past 7 years!

max_boost
02-07-2004, 07:04 AM
New York will make the playoffs, but not the Rangers though. They are 8points back and the team has too many stars that are unwilling to play as a cohesive unit. You need grinders who are willing to do the dirty work (go into the corners and pay the price) everyone makes too much money so why do they even need to work their asses off? Lindros' situation is uncertain, their goaltending and defence is weak and Messier is obviously having a hard time of letting go.

As for the west, I don't think Nashville can keep up. They lack scoring and it's only a matter of time before Vokoun gets worn out. The Predators will begin to seriously flounder after the break. The way Jordan Tootoo plays, I can't wait for Iggy to kick his ass the next they meet in Calgary. That is not cool throwing punches at Iggy before the man even dropped his gloves. Very cheap/unprofessional on Tootoo's behalf. Anyway, I hope the Flames can sneak in and grab any playoff spot. I hope Kiprusoff can rebound from his injury and spark the Flames squad again.:thumbsup:

I predict the Maple Leafs to succumb to injury and get swept by Ottawa in Round 2:thumbsup:

Flames will be the Cinderella team of 2004 riding hot goaltending to the Finals. Conn Smythe will be up for grabs between Kippy and Iggy but the Flames will lose in 6 to the Senators. Talent always prevails in the Cup Finals.

accordboi_02
02-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by max_boost

Flames will be the Cinderella team of 2004 riding hot goaltending to the Finals. Conn Smythe will be up for grabs between Kippy and Iggy but the Flames will lose in 6 to the Senators. Talent always prevails in the Cup Finals.

Yep, and I just won the Super 7!!1 Oh wait... that was a dream too! :nut:

I do think the Flames will make it; and I think LA is out - they just don't have enough wins to keep pace.

As for the East, the Rangers are not going to make it - again - and that bitch Sather is finally going to get his ass fired.

Oh yeah, the Leafs are going to lose in 1st or 2nd round... they're way too old to be a goon team and last through the playoffs.

lam-boy
02-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
New York will make the playoffs, but not the Rangers though. They are 8points back and the team has too many stars that are unwilling to play as a cohesive unit. You need grinders who are willing to do the dirty work (go into the corners and pay the price) everyone makes too much money so why do they even need to work their asses off? Lindros' situation is uncertain, their goaltending and defence is weak and Messier is obviously having a hard time of letting go.

As for the west, I don't think Nashville can keep up. They lack scoring and it's only a matter of time before Vokoun gets worn out. The Predators will begin to seriously flounder after the break. The way Jordan Tootoo plays, I can't wait for Iggy to kick his ass the next they meet in Calgary. That is not cool throwing punches at Iggy before the man even dropped his gloves. Very cheap/unprofessional on Tootoo's behalf. Anyway, I hope the Flames can sneak in and grab any playoff spot. I hope Kiprusoff can rebound from his injury and spark the Flames squad again.:thumbsup:

I predict the Maple Leafs to succumb to injury and get swept by Ottawa in Round 2:thumbsup:

:rofl: :rofl: Tootoo, bit some dude during a fight haha, man that was weak.

I believe in what max says, Calgary will pull out another hot streak, just intime to keep in running for playoffs.

they make it to 6th place just edging out Los Angeles and St.Louis.

Colorado
Detriot
San Jose
Vancouver
Dallas
Calgary
St.Louis
Los Angeles

Ottawa
Philly
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Boston
New Jersey
Montreal
NY Islanders

Gondi Stylez
02-09-2004, 12:32 PM
West:

Colorado
Detriot
San Jose
Vancouver
St. Louis
Calgary
Dallas
Los Angeles

East:

Ottawa
Philly
Tampa Bay
Toronto
Boston
New Jersey
Montreal
NY Islanders

Leafs - out 1st or 2nd round
Finals - Colorado/Vancouver vs. Ottawa/Philly

i want the avs to win cuz they are "my" team but who knows.... philly just got burke and i think that will help them out alot! now lets see what the avs will do about gettin a goalie... i still think kolzig is gonna be heading to the mile high city!

Predictions (assuming either of the final matchups):

Colorado vs. Ottawa - Avs in 6
Colorado vs. Philly - Avs in 6

Vancouver vs. Ottawa - Vancouver in 7
Vancouver vs. Philly - Philly in 6

max_boost
02-15-2004, 04:39 PM
I'm liking the Flames chances! Go Mikka!! MVP! haha

inawiJ
02-16-2004, 06:38 PM
nashville ain't gonna make it take them out n put the flames in

hyperwhite