PDA

View Full Version : Turn off the lights.

Seth1968
07-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Maybe it's just me somehow, but my current and previous gf's can't understand some simple concept such as turning off the lights/devices when not in use.

It's not that I can't afford the electricity bill, but rather, what the fuck is wrong with you?

TYMSMNY
07-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Maybe she should pay for the electricity... I'm sure she'll learn the lesson quickly.

Squishy
07-21-2012, 01:11 PM
I find it's the other way around with my boyfriend. I hate having lights on that aren't suppose to be. I never like having the ceiling lights on but I like having just lamps for the most part.

CanmoreOrLess
07-21-2012, 01:58 PM
Do what my father used to do, remove the light bulb.

Dr. Phil says your GF is seeking attention, thus the mindlessness of her AC practice.

I look forward to my home having auto on/off in each room. Enter the room lights go on, leave the room, lights go off.

My wife will not put the toothpaste cap back on. I softly mentioned it once, no change in the pattern so I bought my own toothpaste and live happily ever after. She also likes to pull into the garage with the wheel cranked all the way right and leaves it like this. I get in the car and start to back straight out only to be startled by the direction. Not figured a cure for this one.

If using a bit of AC is her biggest fault, roll with it. Not like she is watering down your Canadian Club or using your toothbrush to clean the shower tiles. It could be far, far worse.

masoncgy
07-21-2012, 02:11 PM
My wife is bad for that too. Especially in the summer. She turns on every gawddamn fan we have when it's completely unnecessary. Runs the bathroom fans all day long. Leaves the hood fan going forever. Drives me crazy.

As I said elsewhere, she doesn't pay the bill, so why would she care?

I absolutely hate wasting power and do my part, but I believe I'll always be bitching about the fans, lights and whatever else she likes to leave on all day, all the time.

mr2mike
07-23-2012, 10:30 AM
This is also why I don't rent my place with utilities included.
No incentive to turn off lights/heat/water.

codetrap
07-23-2012, 10:42 AM
Alrighty there Nancy, you all have a couple of choices. First, you can grab your cocks and remember you're a man and either simply instruct your wife/gf in the realities of the situation, or you can take a more modern passive path and simply head on down to the hardware store and change the rules of the game.

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15767.412116_4.jpg

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/180-degree-3-way-motion-sensor-switch-white/905847

Of course, the 3rd option, you can trade those boxers in for a set of silk panties, and keep whining like a bunch of little bitches about how your GF/wife doesn't listen to you.... next thing you're gonna all wanna start talking about your feelings... :D

masoncgy
07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
^ Then I have nothing to say to my wife. I prefer at least having some kind of dialogue with her... some is better than none, right?

I kid.

Xtrema
07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
Alrighty there Nancy, you all have a couple of choices. First, you can grab your cocks and remember you're a man and either simply instruct your wife/gf in the realities of the situation, or you can take a more modern passive path and simply head on down to the hardware store and change the rules of the game.

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/15767.412116_4.jpg

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/180-degree-3-way-motion-sensor-switch-white/905847

Of course, the 3rd option, you can trade those boxers in for a set of silk panties, and keep whining like a bunch of little bitches about how your GF/wife doesn't listen to you.... next thing you're gonna all wanna start talking about your feelings... :D

That switch will be permanently on the ON position instead and you lose $30 as well.

And if you read the reviews, that switch doesn't even work as advertised.

Darkane
07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
This thread is awesome.

Maybe your woman is actually asking for an Irish kiss? :dunno:

rage2
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
That switch will be permanently on the ON position instead and you lose $30 as well.

And if you read the reviews, that switch doesn't even work as advertised.
I've got 2 of 'em, one in the kitchen (set to 10 mins turn-off) and one in the pantry (set to 1 min turn-off) and it works pretty much perfect. The only time I have to turn it to ON is if I want to use the kitchen as fill light for more than 10 mins without anyone being in the kitchen.

Spoons
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I used to live with people like this. Couldn't turn off a light if it fucking killed them.

I don't know, but when I wake up early in the morning and a bunch of lights are on it just feels very unsettling. I hate waking up to that.

mr2mike
07-24-2012, 08:30 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eci9kav5rhA/TgozHakuJiI/AAAAAAAAA-o/JldRSKfwRig/s1600/Magic+Switch.jpg

Real beyond ballers should have this. Just gotta remember to close the pantry door.
A friend has one in his place, the thing is sweet and clean install too.

Strider
07-24-2012, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Real beyond ballers should have this. Just gotta remember to close the pantry door.

Nah, the motion switch above is way better.
Even cleaner install and you don't have to close the door just to turn off the light if you don't want to.

adam c
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
anyone know if the motion sensor lights work with a 2 switch setup? I wouldn't mind some for the problem areas but they all have a dual switch setup

XylathaneGTR
07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-eci9kav5rhA/TgozHakuJiI/AAAAAAAAA-o/JldRSKfwRig/s1600/Magic+Switch.jpg

Poor solution for most issues...
My sister (who just moved back home because she's a deadbeat) leaves every light and fan on, everywhere, all the time. She would never bother to close a door, either.